Fire Emblem - The Four Legends

RikuTheHedgehog

Three things:

1. Can you post a quick summary of what you want out of this game, at least for the first six chapters? I'm trying to figure it out, but the dialogue gets in the way.

2. I'm really sorry if you find this insulting, but if you'd make the dialogue a bit more, erm, extreme, you'd have a pretty good parody hack. If you were gong for something more serious, you'll really need to think of a way to word things so that it doesn't sound so over-the-top.

3. No matter what route you take, you'll need a proofreader, especially if English isn't your first language.

If you ask me:

- I want to reveal more of the story: And I mean Riku's past, who's Silver, who's Nadia, etc.

- Custom Battle Animations: This might take a long.

- Good Maps: A challenging and a good map design as well, did you saw the mountain in the 1st demo -_-; ? And the grass was all green and stuff? I have to practice more with this tileset in RPGXP - FEXP.

- Custom Mugs: Maybe they'll just be splices and stuff. But well, it's the least I can do :P

I think those are my objectives for the next demo. Want to help? Please add me to my skype: rikuxnero12

My best regards. Have a good day.

Edited by RikuTheHedgehog

Newcomers:

Nersuri
7e6d85538c.png
(Nersuri's Theme)
"Nersuri reporting for duty, captain."

I took one of NICKT's mugs and used the splice tool to make this mug. Mayor credits to him, one for putting the mugs for free to use, and... for being cool?

He's the legendary ninja of Alberta, and best friend of Yerblak.

Yerblak
d9e20b0a8e.png
( Yerblak's Theme)
"Sometimes, by losing a battle, you find a new way to win the war."

Same for Yerblak, he's been made with one of NICKT's mugs.

He's the leader of the army of Alberta, alongside Nersuri and their Lord. He met Nersuri when he was a kid, and now they're best friends.

More characters will be reveal soon.

Lazy Update 17/06/2014: So basically I'm working on new characters (aka splices) and it's going pretty good. I've made Javi, Bunny and James. There's a lot to do yet.

To finish this lazy update, my cousin Koga finally made the complete (maybe complete) version of his theme song:

Koga's Theme

Tell me what do you think about it.

That's all for now, new characters (splices) will be posted soon.

Have a good day.

It may sound stupid, but I made a facebook page where I'll be posting many things and stuff besides on SF and Klok's forum

So yeah, give it a like or whatever.

FE - The Four Legends facebook page

I'm working on a couple of characters (splices) recently. I finished Bunny, Javi, Zergal, Kay, Trey, James, Julie and Jack. They will be shown soon.

Have a good day.

• 3 weeks later...

I was busy doing some characters, I haven't done anything on the demo yet. But anyway, introducing new characters.

Javi:

7804aa1fb9.png

Best friend of Lariza and Bunny. She hides her true class for her safety.

Bunny:

1064bbbb46.png

Best friend of Lariza and Javi. Her adoptive father died at hands of a ninja. She met Lariza and Javi when she was all alone, then they became best friends.

Liz:

c7820eaf61.png

Daughter of the King of Geffen. She fell in love with Koga. She's shy.

Zergal:

56bc28791c.png

Honest and Loyal knight of Liz. He protects Geffen with all his heart... And armor.

Briag:

f7ea2fcc83.png

Noble of Geffen. He treats people like rats.

James:

941b802f5a.png

Honest and Loyal knight of Prontera. He swore to protect Prontera.

Kay:

f7f9553af9.png

A knight of Prontera. She would never betray or dishonor her Lord.

Trey:

7c5c86d49b.png

A knight of Prontera. He's always saying that he's the strongest man in the world.

db7cc926d9.png

A knight of Prontera. She's always lazy.

Jack:

b76fa5d6de.png

A knight of Alberta. He doesn't like battles.

That's all the characters at the moment. There's 2 or 4 left to do. Any crits would be appreciated. If you're going to say "hey, the characters doesn't fit in the GBA Format" I know that, I just make them in GBA Format then I make them in FEXP/FEXNA Format. Why? I don't know =P

Regards

EDIT: Woops, forgot to put credits. Credits and thanks to NICKT for putting his awesome mugs for free so I could do some splices.

• 1 month later...

A friend of mine made a good and basic sprite sheet of a Reaper. His name: Tactician Cinema (Not sure if he's in this forum)

So I asked this to him if he could do it, and he made it. And it looks good for me, what's your opinion about this?

sd63V8M.png

Plus, he made an animation about it. The animation was OK, but I wanted to make it more smoother. So here it is:

010181aa6e.gif

This is possibly a teaser of Zero's class (Reaper of Souls). I'll try to make a splice or something, and maybe it's gonna look bad. But hey, this spritesheet looks good.

'bout the demo, I want to make a good one this time, so I'll wait for FEXNA to be released (WIP FE engine of BwdYeti)

It's not over yet, introducing a new character:

48b0811e85.png

Introducing Kenta. This guy was supposed to be Lea but I changed his name 'cause... Yes. He's a semi-robot, 'cause... Why not?

And I know he exceeds GBA Mug size limit, he exceeds even FEXP/FEXNA Mug size limit, can you believe that?

Kenta was supposed to be like this:

53109c8c1e.png

But I had to erase the cool part ;-; Screw you, size limit!

That's all for now, sorry for the lame post here. Demo's still untouched. I think I may work on the rest of the story.

Regards, everyone.

EDIT: I forgot about the credits... Again. Kenta was made by me in a splice with some of NICKT's mugs. Go here and tell him he's awesome.

I like the animation, my only issues is the shape of the blade on the scythe is kinda iffy. And the cape doesn't seem... consistent? between frames. (first frame it's kinda spiky and has purple trim, this doesn't show up on any of the other frames?)

EDIT: The cape issue seems to be only in the gif and not the sheet, if the sheet is the newest version, nvm

I love that map sprite for some reason, lol

Edited by L95

FEXP doesn't have a mug size limit. Stopbeingdumb and learn to make it work. If Yeti can fit halfbodies in, surely you just need to tweak around until you figure it out.

I could tell you how to fix it in like 6 seconds but this is something so elementary you should try and figure it out yourself.

Also, who made the Kenta mug? It looks too good to be made by you (No offense, I've just seen your work) and you didn't credit anyone else.

I forgot about that, Kenta was made by me in a splice thanks to NICKT's mugs. He had a chart of old mugs (which all of them are amazing).

And now that you mentioned the half body thingy, you gave me the solution for that.

Thanks for the harsh commentary, Klok.

L95:

I like the animation, my only issues is the shape of the blade on the scythe is kinda iffy. And the cape doesn't seem... consistent? between frames.

EDIT: The cape issue seems to be only in the gif and not the sheet, if the sheet is the newest version, nvm

I was watching the animation, and yeah, the cape is not the same as the sheet. I can't say much about the sprite itself, since I didn't make it, but it's fixable.

Regards for both of you.

The transition frames where he fades out seems odd imo. He seems to sort of...move down when he disappears and then goes back to the original position? Overall i like the concept though :)

FEXP doesn't have a mug size limit. Stopbeingdumb and learn to make it work. If Yeti can fit halfbodies in, surely you just need to tweak around until you figure it out.

I could tell you how to fix it in like 6 seconds but this is something so elementary you should try and figure it out yourself.

Also, who made the Kenta mug? It looks too good to be made by you (No offense, I've just seen your work) and you didn't credit anyone else.

wow you're pretty edgy with that assholean response there bud.

the scythe could be more sharp and the handle should be more consistent. after he strikes, the handle part of the scythe disappears. This might sound silly but maybe you can try referencing the cavalier lance critical? the motion blurs there i've always found look scythe like. Hope I helped

So much for you trying to be a nicer person, right, Klok? Who pissed in your cheerios today that you had to take it out on someone else?

Also -- It's a splice mug? He could have easily made it.

I second Ghast's comment re: the sharpness of the scythe. I also think he should follow the motion all the way through, instead of just stopping at his feet. I like the dodge.

Edited by Siuloir

I'll make some fixes to the sprite sheet later. And no problem, Kloky. To be honest, you gave me the solution when you mentioned the half body thingy, it actually helped me.

As for the scythe, I'll follow your suggestion, Y.O.L.O.

As for the mug itself, maybe I'll show you how I made it, okay? Why? I don't know :P

Regards.

• 4 months later...

So, it's been a long since I posted an update. But you know, new year and stuff. And I still have to prepare for vacations to Brazil. Anyway, I'm waiting for FEXNA to come out to do some progress, such as custom animations and many things more.

The only thing that I was able to do in my free time was to do just 2 maps with BwdYeti's FEMap Creator. (Which is pretty cool)

Zamben's Ambush

8c62fa6d65.png

Width: 24

Height: 18

In other words, a pirate map. You will start up in the center, and there will be reinforcements and that kind of things. It took my time to do this, one, to figure on how to use the program by myself, and two, to decide what kind of map was I going to do.

Black-Azure United Front (or Legends vs Lunar Brigade)

58b2be7eb5.png

Width: 23

Height: 20

A survival map, I know you love these ones, if not, then... Eat tomato salad. You control the Legends, which are Riku & Koga, and you have to survive for 12 or 10 turns, I'll decide that later.

That is the only thing I've done this entire time... And I feel great (?). I must add this too, I don't know how to do maps, this were my first shot. Anything I can improve?

Regards and Happy Late New Year and Merry Late Christmas.