Rightful King or Dual Support+ for Chrom!Inigo!Morgan?

10 members have voted

1. 1. What to pass down?

• Rightful King
    • Dual Support+
    • Screw it, just pass down Demoiselle for laughs
    • Lancefaire

Crossposting with Gamefaqs.

Just doing another playthrough now, and paired up my Avatar with Chrom!Inigo. I was going to go ahead and do the paralogue, but I found out that Inigo does not pass Rightful King unless it's the last skill on his list, like other characters. Up to this time I thought Chrom!Inigo was an exception, but that means I have a bit more control over the skill to pass down to Morgan. It's not really a serious run, but I'm still aiming to optimize a little bit. Just for a bit of information on what I'm doing;

-Avatar's asset/flaw combo is +Mag/-Def, Morgan can theoretically go either physical or magical. I'll probably make his ending class either Sage or Berserker, depending on the situation.

-I'm going to make Morgan marry Lucina because reasons. Lucina will either go Great Lord if Morgan's supporting her, or Dark Flier if she's supporting Morgan.

-Lucina in this run is mostly going to run a proc stacking set (i.e. let's stack Aether/Astra/Luna together and let's see what happens)

-Morgan will get Galeforce from at least one parent, so no doubling up on these skills.

As a result, I have a few possible plans.

1. Have Inigo pass Rightful King and Avatar pass Galeforce

2. Have Avatar pass Dual Support+ and Inigo pass Galeforce

3. The comedy option - ignore both these skills and pass Demoiselle instead from Avatar. And no, I'm not above doing this.

I'll probably use the poll results to determine it, unless I hear a really good case for one or the other.

Edited by HeoandReo

Someone in the other topic let me know that I could also pass Lancefaire, so I'm considering that as another option. The way I see it, both RK and DS+ are really situational - I'm just trying to figure out which one is the least situational of the bunch.

I just know that VDS+ Lucina/General!Morgan need a Lance for against Apo NM Wave 5's Axebreakers.

The 4-hit damage to Def.60 General from Support!General!Morgan (Chrom!Inigo!Morgan):

(50+10+10+mod+2+2+17-60)/2*4=(31+mod)*2=60~72

Olivia!Lucina's output:

(43+10+10+2+2+11-45)/2*2=32

That means Morgan doesn't need Lancefaire to sweep Apo NM Wave 5 - the most difficult stage requires Lance I've ever thought.

Normal Apo dies to anything. I wouldn't be surprised if it was possible for Chrom to do a true solo of it. Actually, I should try that sometime...

There are few situations in which a certain weapon type is "required", lances are mostly used because Lancefaire has very high distribution and so do good lance-using classes. I use them not to avoid Breakers but simply because they tend to fit better on some builds.

That said, this Morgan actually has the Spd to be a male Wyvern (which is Lancefaire's primary use outside of Bride), but you've got +4 Mag and only +2 Str so it probably isn't the best use of Morgan's time. Then again, he's not likely to need any of these, so that's a moot point. I think I'll change my vote to Lancefaire anyway, depending on who he's paired with the extra physical ability could come in handy.

Thanks for the replies. For the record, I ended up passing Rightful King, but I'm also considering rejigging my pairs a little bit, so I might pass Lancefaire for another run. (I've had a lot of trouble sorting out my pairs these days, since I always want a different configuration within reason for each run. That and for some reason Morgan and Lucina are being declared Companions instead of Companion/Wife or Husband so I can't make that run as completely messed up as I wanted it to be.)

Usually for runs with female Morgan, I end up passing Axefaire to them, so it might make sense to pass Lancefaire for a male Morgan run, if I decide on a husband with Galeforce.

I would still say if there isn't a condition that Axefaire or Swordfaire can't take place of Lancefaire, I would not choose it. Because General & Wyvern already have Axefaire access & Paladin has Swordfaire access.

Edited by MelonGx