FERecolor Recolors for all characters for all classes

RisinDevil

Not sure if this goes in this thread but I got this idea from seeing the Randomizers that were being made and I thought i would recolor all compatiable classes for all characters and bosses for people who do randomize re classes (Shout out to Klok for his Manrika run and Terrador for his Monstrously Random Reclass for getting me interested in reclasses) and wouldn't mind spending the little bit more time to give them palettes close to what their original palettes were. I have one screen of an example, would have more but couldn't get some codes to work for me to be at the end of Chapter 14 Ehpriam Route and apparently put it in wrong for Moulder and Isamaire. This would be used with FE Recolor and BSPalette Assembler to insert them into the games.

Sadly my only example is of a Boss :( but I Present to you ....

YrosOU8.png

Pretty Eirika Lord Zonta fighting that Traitorous Orson!

My other examples were going to be Cavalier Moulder in his all his brown palette glory, Isamaire as a Cyclops, and Vigarde as a Deathgoyle.

So far I have completed for All for Male Cavalier, Eirika Lord, Cyclops (Pre Promotes only obviously imo), and start on Gargoyle/Deathgoyle (not sure about anyone else I like to make the recolors of the monster promos differ from the starter monster).

If anyone would be interested in helping that would be cool :D or if there is any interest in this I wouldn't mind sharing it when done. Was planning on doing FF7 after i finished FF8.

Well it's a brilliant idea, providing palettes for GBAFE characters in FEXP format. If you wanted to make it compatible with FEXNA when it comes out though, you should keep in mind that the palettes are slightly different in formatting. Well, the face sprite data was, in any case. (I'm actually not 100% sure on FEXNA formatting for palettes, haven't looked at it) We're talking really minor syntax changes, but enough so that it would require a tweak for every entry which could be tedious, unless you harness the power of careful find/replacing.

Anyway, good on you. It took me a monumental effort just to take screenshots of every class+palette combo, I daresay this will be even more tedious.

EDit: Feel free to use my rips, since they're 100% quality png's you can just take the rgb values from them and use them for your project.

Edit2: ................. Completely misread the project's intent. FML.

Edited by Klok

EDit: Feel free to use my rips, since they're 100% quality png's you can just take the rgb values from them and use them for your project.

Actually Klok that isn't 100% a bad idea :P would complete some of the characters :3 Would be kind of easier if you could shoot me a copy of your ROM and just use FE BSPalette Assembler to tell me the values of the whole palette at once to put into FE Recolor.

Also did a little more editing (don't really have whole days to just sit down and recolor palettes these days :X)

[spoiler=Sprite Sheet Screenies]zLlKVnk.png

Dussel Cyclops

5Xb2Qab.png

Mage Eirika like in Terrador's Reclass run (sucks that part of the hair color is the dress because i wanted the blue on the cape without her being all blue lol

zr2SNey.png

King Fado as a Necromancer

Buc5TsX.png

Moulder the Cav (Imagine the Boulder as a Great Knight!)

Vr7EA7r.png

Another Fav from Terrador's Reclass .... Seth the MANRY WARRIOR!!!

0WcZVQA.png

Lastly Emporer Deathgoyle himself .... Vigarde of Grado!

Uh... My rom was changed hundreds of times, on one character. I can't 'send you a rom' because it consisted of two things being edited on the same character slot. You're free to use my screenshots though, if that helps. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28014061/PALETTE%20SCREENIES.7z

Ah, gotcha. Thank you for the screens though :D

• 2 weeks later...

Been a bit busy lately but I got to do a little work on some palettes today and I did Hector Lord for all non Promoted in FE7

and here is Wallace

k850yBt.png

I like him the best because since he is bald it makes his head look like a funny shape XD but it does give him a nifty white cape :3