Serenesforest's Mario Kart 8 tournament.

IceBrand

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for missing out on the tournament this weekend guys. I'll admit it's due to a pretty bad reason: since Mario Kart 8 has already been hacked and modified by people online, it may only be a matter of time before cheaters start running rampant in online races. I'm wanting to max out my online racing score before that happens and before those cheaters make it impossible for me to get a legit full 9999 score (I'm literally over 9000 now regarding my online score). Weekends are the best days to face high level online opponents (due to most of them not having work) and boost my score easier, so I end up missing out on the SF tournament as a result.

Unless I become busy with other things IRL, I should be back in the SF tournament once I max out my online racing score.

That can't be right. My game is always smooth. Doesn't lag at all. :/

Your gameplay and movement online is always smooth, though the connection with your opponents may not be. The "lag" that he's talking about is the kind of lag where opponents will teleport from one place to another during a race or where item hits will be delayed and register late. That's because instead of making sure everything happens at the same time in Mario Kart 8 (which might potentially make things really choppy and laggy with a 1-5 frame per second rate, for example), they make sure everything runs smoothly for the player that you are, but sacrifice the synchronization for the movement for other players and items. Kingddd explained it to me a while back.

So basically it's either:

-Everything synchronized, really choppy online gameplay

-Everything smooth online for yourself, other racers and item hits not synchronized all the time

Mario Kart 8 sticks with the second option, since it's a racing game and lag would mess people up online insanely badly.

Edited by Randoman

What? The Wii U's been hacked? That sucks...

And I see, but there's no way Nintendo can make the online have NO issues?

Edited by Anacybele

And I see, but there's no way Nintendo can make the online have NO issues?

Nintendo has done all they can (Well there are those random disconnects that they really need to fix, but that doesn't seem to be the issue you're referring to). Most of the time it's an issue on the user's part.

Edited by Gaia

I got up the videos from two weeks ago. I'm behind on uploads? I don't know what you mean... :sweatdrop: I mean, MH3U totally hasn't been sucking my time, right?

[spoiler=July 19th, 2014]

Yeah, I stopped by the tournament for a few races every now and then since I needed to wait a bit for all the high VR players in my "recently played members" list to have space in their rooms.

I hope you didn't mind me pulling off a Ditto in terms of copying your exact character/kart setups Gaia and Buddyboy (even down to the Glider). I really needed some time to mess around and simply have fun without worrying about placing badly, after having to worry about protecting/increasing my high VR in online races. I was hoping one of you guys would copy my Morton/Steel Driver/Monster Wheels setup to copy my Ditto strategy, only to realize its the absolute worst possible combination someone could drive with (trust me, try it out yourself and you'll see why. The acceleration and steering with that combo is practically non-existant).

My VR is at 9933 right now, though I was hoping to max it out this weekend since I wanted to join in the frantic tournament next weekend full time and weekdays are nowhere near as good in terms of finding high VR opponents.

Oh, so THAT'S why you were coming in and out. lol

I'm just glad I seem to have gotten a bit better and finally have a first place victory! ^^ I got second a couple times as well, and third and fourth a few times out of seven people. This round was even better than Saturday's!

art credit to Gaia for the banana snipur (I also remixed my original "Metalquintmon" piece and rotated it horizontally for headshot positioning)

How did you even find that? It was buried under miles of skype chat.

damn it Quint that Grumble Volcano was suppose to be my last celebratory and glorious victory. FFFFFF

Lulz, getting crazy 8 star and being inmune to lightning sealed the race :smug:

Also, holy shit that Electrodrome race was full of rekage dayum

Lulz, getting crazy 8 star and being inmune to lightning sealed the race :smug:

Also, holy shit that Electrodrome race was full of rekage dayum

oh yeah that last second finish 6 guys all in the same area. I need to record that.

lawl yeah, I'll be racing tonight again just so you guys know. I'll have a busy day tomorrow so I'll show up late night for the tournament. On the other hand, SEMESTRE is up, so yeah.

QUINT NO.