The Legend of Zelda: ??? for Wii U!

Anacybele

AONUMA I LOVE YOU MAN.

Did anyone see that little bit he showed for the new Zelda for Wii U?! It doesn't have a title yet or gameplay footage, but imo, it already makes Skyward Sword look like a joke! That shit he showed just looks BEAUTIFUL.

And he showed Link doing some mad archery skills! I sure hope horseback sword combat sticks around though, it'd be dumb to remove it and it was so fun in Twilight Princess. Although, is it just me, or did that bow look a little...futuristic?

Aonuma also said that this game is going to feature a more realistic open world. Where you can pretty much access anywhere. This has SO much potential for fun exploration and little secrets and knick-knacks to be hidden everywhere! Not to mention sidequests and a huge main story! He said you could walk up those mountains in the distance!

I WANT THIS SO BAD. :D

When the game's title is revealed, I'll edit the thread title to include it, btw. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

??? is a really weird name for a Zelda title. What was Nintendo thinking?

He said you could walk up those mountains in the distance!

I think he said you could walk up to them, not on them. I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Chiki

The official title hasn't been revealed yet, of course. :/

And I'm pretty sure I heard "walk up those mountains." I might be wrong, but who knows.

The supposed focus on that bit, "open-world," has got me kinda thinking about the series' history with it, and what exactly it means. I mean, there's more than one Zelda game where you can do something like walk up to an area on the world map that's not the next sequence destination, and at least do some part of some of the content there, but then again item gatekeeping is a thing (not remembering very well the extent across the series, and haven't played at least half of it, though).

Does it mean that the instant after whatever introduction there is finishes, there's nowhere that's off-limits, and there's no item gatekeeping whatsoever? If that's what it means, does that necessarily imply there'll be much to do before any kind of main/overarching story directs you there?

That actually sounds pretty cool, if so. It'd be nice to have places to explore that are built with the amount of individual flavor that Zelda areas tend to have, and at the same time to just be exploring them because the concept of the place draws me in (like it's a place I'd just plain enjoy exploring). Instead of because the plot said that's where I'm going next (not that I have too much of a problem with that in most games). Or because it ended up being the only new accessible area when I finished a process of elimination trying the items I'd gotten most recently out on everything, and followed all the leads that gave me to their conclusions (never actually had this problem because I usually just look shit up, but theoretically I'd be less cool with that one).

The information that we got, so much yet so little at the same time. It looks beautiful and I am completely accepting of that art style. The open-world concept sounds great, it's like Skyrim but with actual colour and fun stuff in the world. Non-linear gameplay will be sweet, every game needs a dash of Metroid. (and speaking of which, futuristic bow, looks awesome and unique, where was Metroid Nintendo?)

Also, the technology reminds me of those robot creatures in Skyward Sword's Lanayru Desert, perhaps the game will be set in that sort of setting, maybe before SS or maybe in the distant future. There's so much I want to say about this game and at the same time, I want to see more, much more.

Edited by Knight

I also noticed they let Link grow his hair out a bit. What was wrong with his shorter do, lol?

Are you kidding? Link with his little ponytail is so hawt hnnnnnnnng

Like that is my jam

Aside from my raging lady boner for the new Link, I love the look of the new game so much~ I really like open worlds, especially with all the bright and pretty colors, and I really, really, really want to climb that mountain. I wonder if it's Death Mountain?

I'm also already curious as to where on the timeline this one sits.

But But. A Zelda game without Link would be like a Mario game without the red-clad plumber himself. I don't get it. o.O

And he looks enough like Link. But maybe he's...a relative? That's all I can think of.

But But. A Zelda game without Link would be like a Mario game without the red-clad plumber himself. I don't get it. o.O

And he looks enough like Link. But maybe he's...a relative? That's all I can think of.

Even if it's not Link, that doesn't mean he won't be in the game <_<.

I was more referring to some text in that article. But sorry, you don't have to get upset with me...

I wasn't upset, geez. I was merely pointing out that it's a bit ridiculous to assert that Link won't be in the game just because the first character shown might not be him.

I have some theories.

1. It's Link's son.

2. An adventurer who is from the timeline where Link dies and has taken the next place as the hero of time.

3. A adventurer who just so happens to look like Link.

4. Relative of some kind.

I think it's obviously Link. A lot of people were confused about his appearance (gender, clothing, ponytail, etc), which makes me think they specifically set up this trailer to surprise us and make us wonder. I have this feeling Anouma's comment is just hinting that the game will mix up the characters more than we're used to-- this new Link seems more like a Robin Hood type to me than a straight-up hero. So in a way it's not "Link" as we expect him.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought the arrows looked futuristic! Even the monster seems a little different from the Zelda norm. This (and the WW-esque art style) made me come up with a mostly baseless theory that this will be set in New Hyrule a significant amount of time after the DS games. XP

The open-world concept sounds very fun. I hope they pull it off. I want little villages scattered all around and lots of exploration. Twilight Princess is probably the only other game with an overworld that comes close to what they're attempting with this title, but to me TP's field felt really empty. Can't wait to hear more info...hopefully soon!

Edited by Owain Dark