The Avatar Korra Leaks

Klokinator

So, I have no interest in watching them, but I did give the torrent I found a download and had to laugh at their horrible quality.

http://www.toonzone.net/2014/06/official-trailer-for-the-legend-of-korra-book-3/

Basically, someone in a country that dubs spanish onto the episodes leaked episodes 3-6 early. The quality of the videos is accurately described as "potato-quality". I would not recommend watching them and would recommend waiting, but I was actually interested in how people viewed this early leak? Do you think it's awful, atrocious, and a crime against humanity, or do you feel like it's not a big deal and not bad?

Personally, I like the way the creators of the show describe it.

Howdy, friends. As you have likely already heard, four episodes from Book 3 were leaked this past weekend. It is bad enough that it happened at all, but it would have been a little less of a disaster had it at least been the first four episodes of the season. Instead, the third through the sixth episodes popped out online, causing confusion and, at least on our end of things, frustration. As you all know, these episodes take a ton of concerted effort from scores of individuals. We craft these continuous storylines and the animation as best we can, and hope that they are presented in a way that allows everyone to enjoy them to the fullest. But when leaks happen, the work we meticulously prepared for the audience is fumbled unceremoniously.

Nickelodeon is obviously a massive corporation with outlets all over the world. These outlets get the episodes in advance so they can translate and dub them for their markets. We typically deliver the episodes to the network quite close to their U.S. premieres, but in the case of Book 3, we have actually already finished the entire season as of last week. The network has some plans in the works for it and needs to wait on its release, so we have been keeping quiet while keeping our noses to the Book 4 grindstone. Unfortunately, the longer the episodes sit on all these shelves all over the world, the probability of leaks increases.

So, yeah… It is unfortunate it played out this way. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer before Book 3 is released properly and with respect to all the people who worked hard to make it and to the audience who wants to watch it.