Arcadia FE7 Chapter 22 and FE6 Chapter 14

Haku

So I was just looking at both desert maps from the Elibe series, and something struck me as odd:

SeYnzqE.png?1?5929g8sc4xc.png?1

These similarities seem to suggest that they are the same map. The cliffs use exactly the same tiles in each game, and the spacing of the bones is identical.

Now, this has pretty big implications that Arcadia was not even where we thought it was at the time of FE7, as the player's placement in chapter 22 is literally at Arcadia. Or perhaps Arcadia is not able to be seen by outsiders, as the inhabitants want to live in isolation?

I'm just interested as to what you guys think about this, is it a very subtle hint, or indeed just some lazyness by the original mappers of FE7?

Edited by Haku

I haven't played FE6, but apparently the Rutger map was the same map they used on the Erk/Priscilla map in FE7, just with a slight variation? It may have been laziness, or it may have been an intentional throwback.

Yeah, that's different, the two maps you're talking about were intentionally the same as they were both set in Laus. These two maps however have no direct mention of being the same place.

The Ch4/Ch14 similarities are a throwback for sure, and there are a couple of other maps with similarities too. But there are distinct differences between Ch14/Ch22, particularly cliff locations. Either the map designers were lazy or this implies a major change in the region over a 20-year period; perhaps the oasis is receding?

Guessing Athos being alive kept Arcadia hidden. Looks like the magic degraded to just a sandstorm after his death?

The Ch4/Ch14 similarities are a throwback for sure, and there are a couple of other maps with similarities too. But there are distinct differences between Ch14/Ch22, particularly cliff locations. Either the map designers were lazy or this implies a major change in the region over a 20-year period; perhaps the oasis is receding?

Yeah, these sound like reasonable explanations.

It's most likely just laziness

tutorial.png

--------------------------0.PNG

These are basically the same map despite one is in Pherae and the other Sacae somewhere

Wow, I never even noticed that :O You're probably right then aha

Edited by Haku