[FE10] Keeping it Casual

solrocknroll

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that everyone waited for Heather even if they didn't draft her for her Pass scroll? Or is it not necessary?

I've done it always because I believe Pass saves turns in 3-3 or makes it easier. I once left Heather and had a terrible 3-3, and since then I've recreuited Heather but might give it a try.

She appears on turn 5, so I think realistically it costs 2 turns to get her. I just figured that Pass would make itself worth while in the long run.

Hmm, recruiting her is 5 turn clear, I think she appears by the end of either EP3 or EP4. But as you say, in the long term it's pretty much necessary for turn shaving and for making things much more easier, since DB needs one Pass and GMs will also need them for chapters such as 3-3, 3-4, 3-5 depending on team units, 3-8 and probably in P4.

What skills does Sothe get for 3-6? Does he go north or right from the starting position? 3-6 is always my worst chapter in the game.

Edited by Xandere

I tend to send him up north with Resolve!Micaiah. He goes with Pass or Wrath, skills don't actually matter on him, though. While the other DBer (s) go right then north.

That's what I tried at first as well but I kept getting 8 turns, possibly thanks to Meg and Laura's low move. If only I could kill 4 more enemies on turn 7 EP...

Oh you have Meg and Laura :/. Try having Meg shove by the beginning Laura, have Miccy go to Lethe's isle after dealing with north western enemies. Try to find a way, 7 move units guarantee the 7 turn iirc.

edit: @Mar Mar, yeah, I've always 5 turned it with Heather with the usual strat, Brom going down the stairs and Neph luring Yeardley

Edited by Quintessence

Quint are you sure recruiting Heather is a 5 turn clear? I'm on that chapter right now and I can't figure out any way to make that happen...

It's definitely possible, Neph kills the boss while Brom goes down the stairs. It requires more luck and will probably be more frustrating than just not having to worry about Heather since Brom won't be able to soften up the boss, so you'll have to reset ALOT as Neph will have to dodge like 3 attacks on turn 4 ep.

Oh you have Meg and Laura :/. Try having Meg shove by the beginning Laura, have Miccy go to Lethe's isle after dealing with north western enemies. Try to find a way, 7 move units guarantee the 7 turn iirc.

edit: @Mar Mar, yeah, I've always 5 turned it with Heather with the usual strat, Brom going down the stairs and Neph luring Yeardley

Do you have the allies move freely or set them to halt?

Edited by Xandere

Allies roam freely for the first one or two turns I don't remember exactly. The sniper basically clears and crts a couple of them, but then they stay still in a dark corner of the map.

Also, lol, don't have the exact 2-1 strat at the moment because the last drafts have both 2-1 and 3-P as free chapters, up to 10 or 15 turns iirc.

3-P should be free, I restarted that twice because of the AI's stupidity and eventually said f*ck it even though Skrimir untransformed on the last turn when he could have seized otherwise. 2-1 I don't agree with as it's not an AI reliant chapter and you just have to restart until Nephenee is able to double the knight to be able to get a reliable clear on normal mode.

Edited by Xandere

I can make 3-P and 2-1 happen.

Also, should Elincia be free for 2-E?

I'd say yes, because I have only Leanne and Geoffrey to use in 2-E. >_>

Edited by Rinoa Heartilly

3-P should be free, I restarted that twice because of the AI's stupidity and eventually said f*ck it even though Skrimir untransformed on the last turn when he could have seized otherwise. 2-1 I don't agree with as it's not an AI reliant chapter and you just have to restart until Nephenee is able to double the knight to be able to get a reliable clear on normal mode.

I wouldn't really call it reliable, Neph needs to dodge a lot and the hit rates are pretty good tbh. But I get what your saying. 3-P should be free, I agree with you there.

I can make 3-P and 2-1 happen.

Also, should Elincia be free for 2-E?

I'd say yes, because I have only Leanne and Geoffrey to use in 2-E. >_>

Making Elincia free now heavily punishes Xandere because he probably drafted her to save 4 turns on that specific chapter, which is a lot. She obviously is helping save turns in P4 too, but 2-E is her main contribution. I would have agreed to it before we started drafting, but now it seems unfair.

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 5 players.

2. Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Geoffrey, the Herons, the Black Knight, and Lehran are free for all to use.

3. The drafting order is reversed for the last round of picks.

4. Haar is banned from drafting.

5. The game will be played on Normal Mode.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, Rescue and Shove/Smite undrafted characters and NPCs, trade, Escape/Arrive, and transfer items/skills between teams.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors and Chests, finding hidden items, and giving Blood Tide/Night Tide/White Pool bonuses.

3. Allied and Other units may do as they please without penalty.

4. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

Exceptions:

1. One of Edward or Nolan is free for each of 1-P, 1-1 and 1-2.

2. Volug is free for 1-5.

3. Elincia, Marcia and Nealuchi are free for 2-P

4. 2-1 is free.

5. One undrafted, non-Lucia unit is free for 2-2.

6. 3-P is a free chapter due to the reliable nature of the AI.

7. Haar is free for 2-E ONLY.

8. One undrafted, 7 move unit is free for 3-1.

9. One undrafted, 6 move unit is free for 3-3.

Sign-Ups:

1. Rinoa

2. Quint

3. Mar Mar

4. Xandere

5. Soul

6. Palutena

Draft Order:

1. Palutena: Jill, Soren, Marcia, Aran, Nealuchi, Tormod, Makalov, Lethe, Nasir, Renning

2. Rinoa: Zihark, Gatrie, Volug, Rolf, Vika, Caineghis, Fiona, Mist, Bastian, Kurth

3. Xandere: Titania, Nephenee, Elincia, Lucia, Laura, Meg, Ulki, Naesala, Ranulf, Volke

4. Quint: Oscar, Ilyana, Tanith, Callil, Leonardo, Kieran, Tauroneo, Danved, Pelleas, Gareth

5. Soul: Heather, Nolan, Mia, Nailah, Janaff, Sanaki, Mordecai, Skrimir, Muarim, Lyre

6. Mar Mar: Edward, Boyd, Sigrun, Shinon, Rhys, Tibarn, Astrid, Brom, Giffca, Kyza

[spoiler=Roster]

Stefan

Ena

Oliver

No, eliminate Exception 7, Haar should not be free. Sorry if this sounds hard, but you only having free units for 2-E is a consequence of bad drafting and not planning units correctly :(. Just take the Elincia penalty and that'll be 5 turns unless you want more than 10 turns waiting for Geoffrey.

And 2-1 is a chapter of complete manipulation, it means manipulating RNG in so many ways: rig the armors AS, rig hit rates for survivability, rig Wrath crts, and even rig biorhythm. It should totally be free, imo.