Watch me 100% clear Apotheosis with Chapter 12 resources!

Vascela

Isn't it +15 hit rate for the support bonus for an S Support?

Dual Support+ doesn't apply from guest MUs if they're not the one paired up with the unit.

Edited by shadowofchaos

When's the earliest you can get a bunch of Brave weapons? Buy from Spotpass?

If so, I think you can do Apotheosis with 3 units as early as Chapter 4 (when you first get access).

Anyway, I'll check the stream if I can catch it.

Spotpass provides weapons. Anna shops can provide seals. Might stream again today. And you mighy be able to do it by chapter 4, but you also call into question consistency. Avatar logbook boots were something I neglected but should have used. So I already know my run can be improved. Also, maybe tonics will help. I have access to all tonics (hp tonic from merchant). Many things to keep in mind

If you regret not getting a lot of Avatars with Boots that shouldn't be a problem. You could just speed through a new game in an hour, get to Chapter 17 and upload the Avatar to your Logbook.

It'd be more interesting, though, if you just banned the Logbook, Spotpass and Renown completely and just tried to do your best with Steel weapons and first gen units. That'd be awesome.

Technically I do ban renown. I used boots on my Avatar to show the range of where she should move to 2 spots easily. But in my stream, I only used my relative movement 6-7 instead of 8-9. Renown is a NG+ feature, yes? In an older run, I needed boots for something, but in this final set up, I don't. I assume the player doesn't have the option available, so I do not execute it.

Logbook ban is fine if you have wireless, but weapons are needed for raw damage [to our current knowledge].

I also think the job of runs like chapter 4 run or a no dlc/no rally run should go to more innovative players than me. Huff came really close to no dlc but caved in, so it's still an artifiical challenge waiting to be beat.

Your ideal chapter 4 run would probably be using wireless + Chrom + FeMU, but you lack Olivia. You'd need to field X-10 sources of damage in addition to the generic VV pair (possibly more rescue users). Wireless gives you weapons, which is better than what logbook gives (obsolete movement). Do you think think that you can use my set up, subtract Olivia, add in damage units (preferably no dual strike) and beat it by chapter 4? I'd be willing to watch it. You can pair up to add raw +AT if you need the damage for wireless units, just unequip the other unit when you volley them towards the enemy.

I might check this out and see what's possible on Chapter 4 with just wireless + DLC + Renown, while the Logbook stays banned. It seems possible for me to replicate the 3 unit run by Chapter 4 with the Boots I get from Renown.

I'm sure you can do this too.

I also don't think you should give too much emphasis on consistency (by this I believe you mean RNG reliability). 100% is just plain false (correct me if I'm wrong, but there are a lot of variables; what if Anna activates Aether?), maybe you should say "reliable Apotheosis clear." It's not a very meaningful concept in chapters like Apotheosis where there are a lot of enemies with different skills and high stats.

Edited by Chiki

Anna's AI doesn't leave the throne unless she has sub 99 health post healing. I drop her to that threshold, and have her initiate combat on FeMU at Spear Range. Nobody has a chance to deal damage to my units except for the first round of combat getting to 1 hp.

I can deal over 100 damage to Anna no problem with my set up, but I wanted it to be safe. If mimiced, my run will never fail.

edit: And I only place consistency here because it's fairly easy to beat Apotheosis in general. Some people have already done parent only runs, but this is the first instance [publicly] of it being 100% consistent without chapter 13 and onward resources (such as Lucina herself).

Edited by Vascela

I might check this out and see what's possible on Chapter 4 with just wireless + DLC + Renown, while the Logbook stays banned. It seems possible for me to replicate the 3 unit run by Chapter 4 with the Boots I get from Renown.

Why not do post Cht.4 with no wireless/DLC/Renown/Logbook/Risen/Par.1/anything but the first 5 chapters, Merchants, Barracks and Apo?

I'm being perfectly serious here, I think it's possible. Barely. Secret Apo, Normal/Cas. Normal Apo would be allowed for grinding.