Fire emblem 6 pre release battle screen?

Ishi

So i found this decent video about fire emblem history. As it showed footage of sword of seals I noticed that the stats in battle were more like the snes ones. instead of only 3 hit,dmg,and crt there was a fourth the defense perhaps it was going to be more like the snes ones. Also it doesn't show what weapons they are using maybe its beta footage. just thought i would share this with you guys i found it interesting.

the battle screen went through three known major revisions during development, and oddly enough multiple gifs of the snes-esque one are still on the official fe6 website to this day amidst actual screenshots from the game as we know it today. this video seems to just use those gifs straight-up rather than video footage of that build. it's a pretty funny mistake to include these in this video, considering an actual nintendo wing of some description threw it together; are nintendo of europe in the habit of accidentally using obvious pre-release footage like this?

Edited by bookofholsety

i'm actually really liking the hp bar setup in the fe9 video; the only thing i can fault it on particularly is the relatively small physical size of it and its text. with a bit of polish i think it would have worked pretty damn well in the finished game (if mostly because it actually includes hit/dmg/crit, unlike a certain final release's hud i know)

Edited by bookofholsety

Never knew beta FE9 did the generic enemies with portraits before FE13.

Also, so that's where I saw FE9 with battle info in battles...

Edited by VincentASM

i think i read somewhere that they took it out because skills like luna messed it up. also it does resemble the radiant dawn one maybe they altered and reused it.

i think i read somewhere that they took it out because skills like luna messed it up. also it does resemble the radiant dawn one maybe they altered and reused it.

Possibly, but I think that was just someone's idea.

Either way, IS decided it wasn't necessary because FE10 and FE13 had the numbers just fine.