Your reason for marriage.

Gaius - When I first saw him, I knew my first (awful) Avatar would marry him, if only because his candy amused me. Alas, he would've been better off going to a lot of other ladies, but eh, favoritism.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mostly marry for support log completion.

As for my faves:

Stahl because HNNNG that confession CG.

Henry because he is Henry. There need be no other reason.

Sumia because, again HNNNG confession CG (Remind me why she and Stahl can't marry?)

Tharja because Avatar/Tharja is totally canon.

(Remind me why she and Stahl can't marry?)

I know. I hated that so much.

Anyways, for my first completed playthrough, I married Cordelia because I wanted to piss off Sorin of how damn attractive she is. Long, flowing red hair? Check. Reasonable body aside from the unfortunate cup size ? Check. Beautiful Confession CG? Check.

I married Priam in my first playthrough because I thought it'd be fun to marry someone (that isn't a villain) who can only support with the Avatar. Plus, I kinda have this headcanon where Priam!Morgan and Chrom!Cynthia have adorable blue-haired hero kids. :3 blue haired characters are the superior race

Oh yeah my MaMU married Cherche because Cherche is fucking perfection.

Dat hair

Dat sarcasm

Dat son

Dat Helswath in her official art

Dat confession CG

Dat back

She is so superior to every female in this game by such a large margin that it is unfair.

I know. I hated that so much.

Anyways, for my first completed playthrough, I married Cordelia because I wanted to piss off Sorin of how damn attractive she is. Long, flowing red hair? Check. Reasonable body aside from the unfortunate cup size ? Check. Beautiful Confession CG? Check.

Hey. When a girl with a small chest hugs you, she's holding you closer to her heart. Remember that next time.

Hey. When a girl with a small chest hugs you, she's holding you closer to her heart. Remember that next time.

Cordy = Billboard/10 Edited by Ownagepuffs

Hey, that's...actually a good way of putting it. :o I should remember this when I have a boyfriend again and say it to him. Cause I have a small cup size...

My favorite waifu is Tiki, just because I kinda liked her ever since Shadow Dragon, and also her talking about outliving me is the kind of hurt I like.

Meanwhile, when I went Favatar, I like Stahl, just because he seems the most husbandly, y'know?

I've seen a lot of marriages in Fire Emblem, but I'm curious why people marry certain characters.

For me, in my first run, my female avatar married Chrom by accident because I didn't know that Chrom would marry avatar with an A rank at the tenth chapter.

This is pretty much what happened to me. In fact, Chrom's only interaction with Avatar was a bit of minimal paired fighting all the way back in prologue. After Fred helped her get strong enough, Avatar hung out with a Sully support and Chrom with a Fred support up until well after the marriage chapter (I think I was still deploying Avatar with Sully right up until after chapter 17). So without even a single support level, Chrom just out of nowhere goes "Marry me!" And I was basically "Wait, what? What's going on?!" So, yeah... first marriage occurred based on somewhere between 9 and 18 support points of random circumstance. o.O

It did make me realize how broken the two are together, though, so I've been marrying them for every playthrough since in order to keep getting that two-person wrecking ball of doom.

Lucina actually, I like the idea of the lovers from two different worlds. It's romantic. I thought with her and the avatar having such pivotal roles in the story and their places in that story make the pairing quite interesting. Lucina comes from the future with the sole purpose of destroying the fell dragon Grima who destroyed the world,

only to end up falling in love with the man who turns out to be the very same dragon. It's tragic, like Oedipus but without the patricide and incest.

It's also the only male avatar pairing in the game that has cutscene manipulation.

Personality wise I like Lucina as well, she is incredibly straightforward to the point that she comes off as naive and it makes a lot of her dialogue really funny. I don't mean to toot my own horn that much but I am absolutely fucking hilarious and that's a nice foil to Lucina and her no-nonsense, straight-to-the-point attitude. She also has a very aesthetically pleasing outfit and fighting style plus the voice actor, Laura Bailey, is one of my favorites.

It also may come as a suprise to anyone who has read some of my previous posts given all the shit I give Yarne, but during my first three(?) playthroughs I married Panne exclusively. When she first shows up in chapter six and starts talking about how much she hates humanity I took it as a challenge. I also think the S support between her and the avatar is quite romantic, first he's making her bowls of carrot soup and then he drops that "let me be your family" line. I cried.

Edited by Buttocksinator

Hey, that's...actually a good way of putting it. :o I should remember this when I have a boyfriend again and say it to him. Cause I have a small cup size...

You wouldn't like to know the kind of people I learned that saying from.

Lissa because first girl bias.

First marriage was by accident because I didn't realise there was a marriage system in this game so I was just pairing Lissa and Avatar up because she gave a magic boost.

Plus Lissa is adorbs.

My first maMU married with sumia because she is cute and give a speed boost (I focused on speed in my first run).

maMU has married with anna because i like her well and red hair morgan is so cute.

feMU will marry with chrom or henry, i have begun a new run and i have forgotten her asset/flaw :>_<:

my last maMU will marry with henry!noire or tharja (I haven't decided yet) to have a good sorcerer morgan.

I've married everyone to complete the support log.

I'm working on exactly this. But once I'm done, I might just do whatever. Like go with preferences or a psuedo-optimization, depending on what I feel like at the moment.

My first marriage was an accident. I just wanted to read my S-rank conversation with Say'ri, so I did (I wasn't gonna save). Then the paralogue chapter opened up, I got curious, and I went to it. Then I accidentally saved while preparing my units for the battle.

And that's how I married Say'ri. I didn't really want to marry anyone (wanted to be a loner), but at least it was to a badass swordswoman and not some cheeky little girl.

Such fond memories...

I always marry Lucina, because I liked her cutscenes and character in general. The first time I also wanted Lord!Morgan and thought I could pass down the class. Ah well. XD

Oh, the post-chapter 21 cutscene is pretty cool with Avatar married to Lucina. It goes from being kinda meaningless to being impactful if they're lovers or if Fem!Robin is Lucina's mother.

First time I became interested in Tharja because she wanted the D, and then throughout her supports I discovered she had next to no redeeming qualities about her personality. I was confused as too why the developers made a straight up horrible, abusive stalker who casts hexes on friend and foe alike out of glee.

That intrigued me, as every character has flaws, but Tharja was full of them. So I stuck with her, married her, all in an effort to see where it could lead. Eventually after exploring almost all of her supports and convos you do actually find some good in her. It was an interesting and unorthodox choice, but the closure after waiting for a genuine show of love from Tharja was worth it in the end.

Next after that was Lucina. I ruthlessly avoided spoilers on Lucina, suspending the whole Masked Marth thing as far as possible. I had already married Tharja by her chapter, but she was a far more typical marriage as far as I was concerned. I was also dissatisfied with her solo ending in the first playthrough I did, especially because I used so few children and so I didn't want her to simply wander the world alone. Strong, beautiful and is as close to canon as MaMU will ever get.

On my first run; I was accidentally married to Chrom because I had an A support with him. I was pretty disappointed with the supports so I didn't want to marry him, but then out of no where he decided to marry me.

On my second run, I married Henry and I don't think I can marry anyone else now. I just love his character so much.

On my MaleMU run, I think I will marry Sumia because I want a Cynthia that will destroy everything.

First time I became interested in Tharja because she wanted the D, and then throughout her supports I discovered she had next to no redeeming qualities about her personality. I was confused as too why the developers made a straight up horrible, abusive stalker who casts hexes on friend and foe alike out of glee.

That intrigued me, as every character has flaws, but Tharja was full of them. So I stuck with her, married her, all in an effort to see where it could lead. Eventually after exploring almost all of her supports and convos you do actually find some good in her. It was an interesting and unorthodox choice, but the closure after waiting for a genuine show of love from Tharja was worth it in the end.

Yeah, to find Tharja's good points you need to look at her supports with other characters.

I'd recommend Virion and Vaike.