Against Castle Apotheosis..

I realize there's a similar thread around here but I'm not going to hijack that just for me.

Anyways I recently finished Awakening and bought Apotheosis, and I was wondering if my ragtag bunch of misfits (who I married according to my liking) would be able to finish it's normal path ( The one without Anna. ) or if I would have to make a new playthrough in order to create the master race of super soldiers just to finish it. I do not have Limit Breaker ( spent most of my money buying Shovel Knight )

So far my current save's pairings are:

Chrom x Sumia

Lonqu x Cordelia

Donnel x Tharja

Gaius x Nowi

Virion x Cherche

Libra x Lissa

Miriel, Sully, Maribelle, Panne, Olivia are not married yet.

I have no plans to tackle the secret path, I only want Katarina in my team because she looks quite nice. Strongest units in my team are

Chrom: Dual Strike+, Dual Guard+, Aether, Luna, Rightful King

Lucina: Spd +2, Dual Strike+, Aether, Rightful King, Galeforce

Mu the Male Main Unit: Ignis, Aggressor, Renewal, Res+10, Anathema

Any helpful tips and advice would be greatly appreciated :D

Regular path isn't even that hard. Just make sure to have some rally and staff bots and use brave weapons. Also healing/defense skills are useless on Apotheosis since most of the time you'll kill a enemy before they can even counter and then retreat so the other enemies can't hit you.

Regular path isn't even that hard. Just make sure to have some rally and staff bots and use brave weapons. Also healing/defense skills are useless on Apotheosis since most of the time you'll kill a enemy before they can even counter and then retreat so the other enemies can't hit you.

I assume the best men/women for rally and staff bots are Spotpass characters? If so, who are the best to use?

Any spotpass characters can work for rallybots. You should have one male and one female, for access to Rally Strength and Rally Heart respectively.

Edited by Rollertoaster

From a different topic, but most of it should be relevant for you.

Oy... If you bothered to read the first post, TC knows literally nothing about how Apo works, or about teambuilding in general. In the hands of someone who doesn't know what to do with them, those units are no more powerful than a random Spotpass/DLC character. So, I think more general advice is in order. Anyway, a couple of general rules for beating Apo (Normal or Secret):

1. Use Limit Breaker. Use it on everybody (except Rallybots), and don't take anyone who doesn't have at least their Spd and Str/Mag capped with it (though the more stats you can cap, the better).

2. Pick children over adults. There are 13 in total, and they all have most of the classes from both parents combined, as well as having higher stat caps in general. You can only take 20 units into Apo, Chrom is forced, and Avatar/Olivia/two Rallybots are very helpful, so you don't have room for many others. Those others should be dedicated staff users for using Rescue/Fortify.

3. All of your combat pairs should have an A rank support at minimum, and preferably they should all be at S. This means units like Tiki and Flavia shouldn't be used.

4. All of your units should have Brave weapons. This allows for a maximum of 12 attacks per turn (the lead unit strikes four times, the support strikes twice on each lead swing). Celica's Gale is the Brave Tome, and it can be bought from Spotpass Celica.

After those general rules are followed, it's important to choose the right skills. The only two skills you should never use in Apo are Counter and Lethality, because all the enemies are immune to them. In addition to Limit Breaker, all units who have them should equip Aggressor, Galeforce, Luna, Aether and a Faire skill for their weapon of choice. Some good skills for any empty skillslots (these don't need to be on, but often help) are Hit+20, Astra (when Luna is already equipped), Vengeance (only if Luna isn't equipped), Ignis, Deliverer, All Stats+2, Lifetaker, Bowbreaker and Lancebreaker.

Your units also need to be in the right classes. Generally good classes are Sage, Dark Flier, Sniper, Assassin, Hero, Berserker, Paladin, Warrior, Wyvern Lord and Bride. The only classes you really want to avoid are Great Knight, Griffon Rider, Bow Knight, Swordmaster, Taguel, and all unpromoted classes. From there, it's very important that units be able to make good use of their ally's pairup boosts. There's not much point in pairing a Warrior and a Sage.

If you post who's already married to who, your Avatar's Asset/Flaw and whether you plan on tackling Normal Apo or Secret Apo (clear the first round by the end of turn 2, enemies have stronger skills, higher stats and a time limit on the last two waves) I can give more specific advice.

Sully x Donnel

Miriel x Lon'qu/Gregor/Stahl

Maribelle x Chrom/Henry/Libra/Ricken/Virion/Lon'qu

Panne x Stahl/Frederick/Virion/Gregor/Vaike

Olivia x Chrom/Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Frederick

Those are commonly recognized as good pairings for the girls you have left. Since Donnel is already taken, Kjelle is kind of in trouble, but you don't have to field all the children (in fact, it's probably a bad idea on a first Apo run). Dunno who your Avatar is married to, but he could save Kjelle at the cost of having a bad wife.

My avatar isn't married to anyone yet. I plan to use more of my first generation characters, children I'm thinking of using would likely be Lucina, Severa, Nah, Cynthia, Noire, Owain, Inigo and Brady. I'm planning to bench the rest, I guess, although giving them a use would be nice.

You've got a 5/3 female to male ratio there. That won't match up for S supports.

In this case, I'd recommend benching Nah (she has no Luna/Venegance to go with her Galeforce) and pairing your Avatar with a 2nd gen unit to get four pairs. That should be enough for Normal Apo if you're careful, but Secret will still be tough without LB.

Avatar x Lucina, Owain x Cynthia, Severa x Stahl!Inigo, and Noire x Virion!Brady should work out well.

You've got a 5/3 female to male ratio there. That won't match up for S supports.

In this case, I'd recommend benching Nah (she has no Luna/Venegance to go with her Galeforce) and pairing your Avatar with a 2nd gen unit to get four pairs. That should be enough for Normal Apo if you're careful, but Secret will still be tough without LB.

Avatar x Lucina, Owain x Cynthia, Severa x Stahl!Inigo, and Noire x Virion!Brady should work out well.

Alright, I'll try this and see how this works out. Thanks for the advice!