Shin Megami Tensei Mafia Day 5

Bluedoom

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back at his flip:

Paranoid Bodyguard: Every Night, you may reply to your role PM with Night X: I will make sure no one kills you, <Player>. You will either ready yourself for a fist fight or summon Demon King to fend off any foes, protecting them from any attempts on their life. However, your intimidating looks scare people so much that they will not perform their actions in fear. For some others, they may be creeped out because you are gay. You may not target yourself with this ability.

In short, you are the Jailkeeper ( or Paranoid Doctor).

So he's just RB/Doc in one, imo. Not a Safeguard (which is where you come into play, Minerva, as town's Day Safeguard). So no, this wouldn't have affected my scan.

Like seriously

Reminder that if the one scum is among Scum Goon and Kenji then town wins.

This night we can jail kenji, if a kill happens, we lynch scum goon.

If a kill does not happen, we lynch kenji, if kenji was actually town, we have enough people to survive a mislynch. We then lynch scum goon.

We've ruled deathbound out if kelpie isn't a liar too so yeah.

It only took a multilude of logical contradictions to actually figure this one out.

Dear Kelpie,

You are Kanzato Ryou, one of the protagonists of the Persona Anime.

You are the youngest superintendent in history in the Ayanagi Police Force. You're involved with the Reverse Cases and were determined to stop the Persona phenomenon from happening in Ayanagi. You are also haunted by the fact that when your younger twin siblings met with an accident years ago, you could only save your younger brother by transplanting your sister's brain to his. Being twenty-eight years old, it is generally abnormal for one of your age to wield Persona, but you can, as long as you take Persona Suppressor Pills. If you don't take them your Persona will go berserk and destroy everything in sight.

Unfortunately for you, when you came over to this place you forgot to bring your suppressor pills with you. That doesn't spell good fortune, does it?

Full Cop: Every Night, you may reply to your role PM with Night X: Conducting thorough research on <Player>. Since you are an experienced police officer you will find out everything about <Player> and will get his or her role PM.

Compulsive Hitman: Every Night, you must reply to your role PM with Night X: Going berserk near <Player>. Your persona then goes berserk and kills <Player>. This will happen every Night as you did not bring your suppressor pills into the battle. Your persona will kill whoever is near you that Night regardless of anything else that would otherwise stop your kill. If you do not choose your target, I will randomly choose a target for you, and you may run the risk of killing yourself.

You also have a Bulletproof Vest that can protect you from one attack or skirmish.

You can scan and kill on the same night.

In short, you are the BPV Fullcop Serial Killer

You are aligned with yourself: You win when you are the last man standing.

And that is that.

It is now Night 4. You have 24 hours to submit night actions.

You saw No lynch's body the next morning. One of you eccentric fellows spoke "Finally! I was wondering how he was surviving this long... but shit he was USEFUL!"

Dear No Lynch,

250px-Kanji_Tatsumi_render.png

You are Tatsumi Kanji, a playable character from Persona 4.

When you were a small kid and trying to make a doll, a couple of girls laughed at you and teased you for being girly. Hurt and ashamed by that, you started disliking girls in general, and started to think you were gay. You feared rejection as well. People also thought you're nothing but a delinquent when you were actually defending your house from thugs. When you got thrown into the TV world, Narukami Yu and his friends came to rescue you and help you face your worst weaknesses, allowing you to use your Persona - Take-Mikazuchi.
"It ain't a matter of guys or chicks... I'm just scared shitless of being rejected"
Paranoid Bodyguard: Every Night, you may reply to your role PM with Night X: I will make sure no one kills you, <Player>. You will either ready yourself for a fist fight or summon Demon King to fend off any foes, protecting them from any attempts on their life. However, your intimidating looks scare people so much that they will not perform their actions in fear. For some others, they may be creeped out because you are gay. You may not target yourself with this ability.
In short, you are the Jailkeeper ( or Paranoid Doctor).
You are aligned with the Light: You win when all hostile factions are eliminated.

It is now Day 5. Day 5 ends on Saturday the 30th, GMT 1:30 am.

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to hammer.

What the actual hell kenji.

What the actual hell.

Proof or you're a liar.

And you know what Good Players do to liars.

We lynch them.

6 players, if we lynched wrong, we will have 5, 2 dies so, 3 and 2 of them would have been anti town (why would mafia even try to shoot SK? and vice versa)

and if we NL'd, 6 remaining, 2 dies, 2 are scum. One scum is lynched, the other kills a townie (6-2=4, 4-1=3, 3-1 = 2, and we can't lynch scum)

I don't see anything other to do than ##Vote: Scum Goon

I believe Minerva's point was why would you vote for an unknown instead of claimed anti-town?

I really don't know what's going on now. I don't think Marth would include two strongman kills in the game so unless No Lynch changed their targets, I suppose Kenji is town? This is really baffling in general for me because I expected Kelpie to flip mafia instead of Serial Killer (partially because I didn't think Kenji's play fit scum, so SK seemed logical). I still have no clue where the mafia kill went on night 3 either.

I'm leaning towards Deathbound as a result, as I suppose the kidnap could have been a gambit to assure his survival as he was unlikely to be lynched whilst silenced, and I suppose my theory about No Lynch's survival holds up better now (especially as the Serial Killer could bypass their protection completely.) Kenji needs to state why I'm the last mafia member here instead of Deathbound so we don't repeat Conspiracy.

@Mods, does kidnapping a player protect them from nightkills?

6 players, if we lynched wrong, we will have 5, 2 dies so, 3 and 2 of them would have been anti town (why would mafia even try to shoot SK? and vice versa)

and if we NL'd, 6 remaining, 2 dies, 2 are scum. One scum is lynched, the other kills a townie (6-2=4, 4-1=3, 3-1 = 2, and we can't lynch scum)

I don't see anything other to do than ##Vote: Scum Goon

Though during the circumstances of the previous day it seemed more like a threat, I realized then you could mean the setup we were at. Still, in my mind scum generally meant the mafia faction and not ITP, terminology is confusing and all that.

It was already warned as potential Mylo, though, but good point about the NL being a bad choice too. It was actually potential Lylo, Bluedoom is just a massive derp.

(I'd also like to congratulate the mafia for finally killing as many players as the host has.)

Cool scumclaim.

The only way we'd lose this game is if kelpie is a massive bastard who wanted to give scum the win. It's a possibility and all in all it's true that we kinda relied on him during the past day (he even lied about his wincon, unsurprising).

So I have half a mind to believe Kenji is not scum from this night's events. I don't think scum had strongman either since they had so much roleblocking, and an absorber that could maybe get the SK's strongman.

I really don't know what's going on now. I don't think Marth would include two strongman kills in the game so unless No Lynch changed their targets, I suppose Kenji is town?

Explain.

PEDIT: Darn it's like one line in Kelpie's PM that says he's strongman. I can read, I swear.

This is really baffling in general for me because I expected Kelpie to flip mafia instead of Serial Killer (partially because I didn't think Kenji's play fit scum, so SK seemed logical). I still have no clue where the mafia kill went on night 3 either.

There is the possibility that the mods did not refund your kill despite the modmistake concerning my safeguard and you're cursing Bluedoom to hell and back in the mafia qt. Assuming Deathbound as kidnapped vanilla, that'd put you at (technically) 3/2/1, then you'd ask the SK to joint and win.

Aside from that, there's the possibility they did not kill (or killed you and received no refund) while kidnapping Deathbound the hypothetical mafia member. Considering Deathbound was still lynchable, this was a risky play at presumably 4/2/1 taking in account the SK kill, but plausible? The SK had a much higher chance of shooting them N4 this way, though.

Wanting to protect Deathbound from an SKill is a bit more farfetched, they'd end up in 5/2/1 during Day 4, lose a potential kidnap later on, still need one mislynch, still risk SK fire later. Whereas they could've tried to shoot No Lynch and kidnapped a townie to get a technical 3/2/1 joint with the SK.

I don't find it that ridiculous to think scum suspected an SK existed, to do so is to believe they chose the same targets as the SK a couple times. Even with the Samael flip I think they'd know. Samael shooting Red Eye makes no sense after the Death flip. stickmanramp could likely be assigned to Samael with suspicions but not so much The Wife, for scum to not have suspected ITP at all would mean they shot Red Eye and The Wife both days and that Lucyfan did not take the kill N1. Since Samael had only one shot, any of these criteria not fitting would be enough reason for scum to suspect an ITP.

Not to mention town's roles were ridiculous and they were a 3-man scumteam, I think they would figure that out.

Out of these I honestly believe more in the modmistake than in the gambits, because there's very little reason why not gun for 3/2/1 in a scenario where mafia uses the kidnap.

I'm leaning towards Deathbound as a result, as I suppose the kidnap could have been a gambit to assure his survival as he was unlikely to be lynched whilst silenced, and I suppose my theory about No Lynch's survival holds up better now (especially as the Serial Killer could bypass their protection completely.) Kenji needs to state why I'm the last mafia member here instead of Deathbound so we don't repeat Conspiracy.

What happened in conspiracy?

(I'd also like to congratulate the mafia for finally killing as many players as the host has.)

Actually this makes no sense.

Red Eye was killed by the SK.

The Wife was killed by the SK.

stickmanramp was vigged by Samael, is what everybody assumes (you said that yourself too).

Lucyfan was killed by the SK.

No Lynch was literally scum's only kill.

Scum contributed even less than the modkills lol.