Shin Megami Tensei Mafia Day 5

Bluedoom

(And Deathbound can't be a PGO I'm pretty sure because others have claimed to have targetted him throughout the game and are still alive, and Deathbound would've claimed it unless you're suggesting he's ITPGO?)

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

considering how overpowered the town has been so far (especially with info roles) I seriously doubt scumteam would have less than 4 members, which is why I think there are no ITPs in this game. Also considering how OP town roles are, it actually isn't too farfetched for scum to have a jailer godfather with no actual protection role for town for the reason that NL survived this long. NL, why did you not claim your action had failed earlier?

seriously? Unless the host is literally trolling us, a Godfather flipping town from an oracle-reveal borderlines ultra-bastard.

I claimed that my action had failed as soon as I was told by mods that my action had failed. like, minutes after I got the PM

I was thinking the kill of Fangirl took place because DB was a PGO or something (and this actually doesn't contradict any theories if we consider that early SG means PGO doesn't activate because it is still day phase and since PGO would be a passive ability, it shouldn't be blocked by kidnapping.

As for why the scum kill failed, I cannot imagine, unless I go really farfetched (even more than NL being scum)

however for now, I think town has already had way too many investigation roles and unless this game is like Touhou mafia where all investigative roles were town and all info role usage preventing were scum, I cannot see Kelpie as town. (if this theory was in effect, Minx and NL would have to be scum together)

I am actually totally beat and I don't even know what to think

This is pretty much it, combined with the Safeguard debacle

well, the only other person to have claimed to have targeted DB is Kelpie iirc and I think he is lying because of Minerva's claim (n0 doesn't count cause no kill night)

was there anyone else who claimed to have targeted DB?

well, the other PR includes the back up in the mix and angel's neighborizing ability was pretty good too both of which would end up as investigation roles (one indirect and the other probably)

and there was a mayor too to take care of bad day situations. Don't you think scum would need some really powerful roles other than a mass hook which can't block against the Joat and the kidnapper which will also be overwritten when both follower and tracker acts (both being one shot abilities while follower and tracker both being unlimited)

and to top it off, the game started in N0, meaning even more chances to scan people making the game even more town sided

also, a thing I shouldn't mention, but bugs me anyways to mention is that Marth claimed the game is unbalanced unless another person is added in (14 to 15). I am guessing what was added was a vanilla, so, doesn't it mean that mafia was stronger than town, until the vanilla was added. IMO, the roles for town and the N0 being there makes the game more townsided than scum sided from what I have seen so far.

Angel? The Neighbourizer? What are you talking about?

There was no follower, The Wife was a voyeur. Tracker+Voyeur+1x Revealer isn't incredibly strong especially when town's protection is fairly weak (Jailkeeper+1x Drive against 2 nightkills is underwhelming in my opinion.)

sorry about the angel thing, I meant lightkeeper and I read the role wrong (I read it as infinite msg passing) and I read the wife as follower too, great job me and I also just realized there were indeed 2 kills on N2 and not just one and it is actually possible that Stick was not killed by Samael and was killed by SK for the role.

okay, I should have really read the thread better

anyways, something that bugs me now is that, Red was probably killed by the SK and not Fangirl cause it makes no sense for scum not to use the absorber ability.

I think I am fine with lynching Kelpie whenever now (now that I see I haven't been thinking straight that is)

Regardless, I have my reservations about Kenji Harima because ScumGoon's Kelpie vote from the other day implies that he wasn't trolling Deathbound (Who could've outted him by voting for SG anyway. DB voted for Samael thusly)

mmm valid point regarding Scum Goon not being scum (who'd have thought).

It's possible both antitown factions expected the other to strike down No Lynch? I wondered about that myself, but a Godfather Roleblocker seems incredibly unlikely, considering all flipped mafia members had the ability to hook so far.

I think I see your logic.

The way things can go, we're probably set for the day. Tomorrow, chances are we might find more as soon as Deathbound can speak too, but we can take the time to evaluate options as we get there and have our results from today.

Whether DB is a PGO or not like Kenji is suspecting can very well be proven tomorrow by themselves.

... unless they're suggesting ITPGO, right, but that is possibly also provable by us? After lynching kelpie today, we're very much likely at 4:1, which does give town a mislynch (or no lynch if necessary) even.

Unless it's an ITPGO with a kill, in which case what the hell even.

Eh, that looks sketchy in hindsight.

sorry about the angel thing, I meant lightkeeper and I read the role wrong (I read it as infinite msg passing) and I read the wife as follower too, great job me and I also just realized there were indeed 2 kills on N2 and not just one and it is actually possible that Stick was not killed by Samael and was killed by SK for the role.

Explain.

anyways, something that bugs me now is that, Red was probably killed by the SK and not Fangirl cause it makes no sense for scum not to use the absorber ability.

This is a plausible point since they crumbed universal backup.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=48982&view=findpost&p=3278496

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=48982&view=findpost&p=3278831

he was probably crumbing to be stronger than other roles by using those two posts in accordance with votes (and in case you guys are wondering, no I thought of it after he died)

I am not sure about what the votals was at the time when Stick posted this, but maybe this too

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=48982&view=findpost&p=3287507

Forgot this game existed for a bit. Hi guys.

I am vanilla and my vote was on Samael

We already had one townie flipped Vanilla; doesn't really help much in terms of clearing people. (Also is not unreasonable for plausible "scum goon").

Scum Goon himself likewise claimed Vanilla, so I'm guessing one of these two are lying wrt a townie Vanilla.

On a similar note:

I also have a feeling that the only reason Kelpie wasn't modkilled based on activity is because she's scum, considering her latest post came only 12 hours after Knuckles' last.
Also felt weird to me at the start (and all the nitpicking) because I had posted more than enough information/content/activity levels to not even get a prod, more or less, "Kelpie may be modkilled" or anything of the sort from the mods. Good way to try and funnel me down to, "inactive yet not modkilled = insta-scum read".

I failed last night. MinervaX's role is legit. Scum Goon wasn't jailed.

So he was open to possibly have done the NK. Okay.

It would be really cool if Kelpie decided to help town and tell who mafia shot yesternight. ouo
Professional plans from a professional mafia player.

Sorry, can't help with what I don't have information on.

Apparently Deathbound thinks Kelpie is scum. Neat-o.

Not surprising since I seem to be flavor-of-the-day. Half-flattered in some aspect.

Kenji's posts are reading messy/chaotic at best, and his latest posts sound pretty bad (I wouldn't think a townie would keep slipping up in terms of roles, flips, etc., as that's part of what you do when you scum-hunt and flips happen?).

okay, I should have really read the thread better

I think I am fine with lynching Kelpie whenever now (now that I see I haven't been thinking straight that is)

How do you even mess those up?

Underlined assumes that:

A. Fangirl would, for sure, hit a power role that night with said NK.

and/or

B. Fangirl would be the one conducting the NK itself. (There's still at least one Mafia scum left, so someone else could've conducted said kill.)

Also, Red having crumbed Back-up still makes him a viable target because why not? Knocking out the back-up means that you eliminate the possibility of the role you just killed to be back in the game for at least another night phase (and that also risks people protecting him as the back-up, so it'd be more efficient to remove him early on before he becomes more troublesome).

[Nice way to coast on my wagon though, Kenji. I'm sure you are fine with my lynch- it keeps priorities off of you, no?]

Idk. At this point, I'm willing to guess Kenji's the remaining scum between Scum Goon/Kenji; weirded out by the contradictions I'm getting by Minerva X, but I'm not keeping anything "impossible" or otherwise "unlikely" given the aspect of a bastard game.

Don't forget that No Lynch claimed to jail Deathbound Night 0 too. I'm not the only contradiction to your claims. And you haven't provided anything to those other than "it's a bastard game".

Sorry, can't help with what I don't have information on.

I'm going to assume you're the ITP then, thanks!

My last question is,

Are you confident that Kenji is scum or anti-town?

What do you think of 4:1:1 as opposed to 4:2?

I'll give you 5 minutes.