Has Aether become a skill only nobles can learn?

IceBrand

Priam came from the Outrealm Gate. Before that he had to come from somewhere. If he came from Tellius then Mist and her descendents didn't need to go anywhere. :P

Folks are probably aware that Tellius and Akaneia exist in different worlds by the way. Their logical is just using the fact that both continents are connected by the Outrealm Gate as I understand it.

Priam did -not- come from the outrealm gate.

Ike did.

Priam was born/raised in Akaneia (actually Valm/Baranesia/whatever).

Ike was the one who did the traveling. Not Priam.

Mist and all stayed firmly in Tellius.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean it doesn't totally break those ships, as the possibility is there that in those ships one of the two is transgendered and they could have biological children that way. And of course adoption. You could very well interpret Ike leaving with Soren or Ranulf as either an extremely close friendship thing, or IS slipping gay couples past the public. It's all up to personal headcanons.

I also like the idea of Priam coming from Ike over Mist, because he's supposed to be descendant of the Radiant Hero, not the Radiant Hero's sister.

As for why he doesn't have Aether, I'm guessing it's to emphasize that it's an exalt thing? I'm glad he at least has Sol and Luna.

That's assuming that it's possible to change genders in that era. Which it probably isn't given the medieval setting. And adoption wouldn't work, because then Priam wouldn't really be Ike's descendant. He'd be descended from some kid Ike adopted.

Besides, I was jokingly posting that bit about the gay ships. Strikethroughs, you know.

Edited by Anacybele

That's assuming that it's possible to change genders in that era. Which it probably isn't given the medieval setting.

Inb4 Magic.

And adoption wouldn't work, because then Priam wouldn't really be Ike's descendant. He'd be descended from some kid Ike adopted.

Adoption really is something that needs to be dropped.

At most a adopted kid is gonna be a replacement.

Priam REALLY doesn't even seem like he'd be remotely adopted. He's basically Ike with less Gary Stu [possibly because he hasn't got anything to go by, other than being a badass].

Adoption really is something that needs to be dropped.

At most a adopted kid is gonna be a replacement.

yeah I agree people really need to stop adopting orphans

or kids that they actually want to adopt

I feel like Ike is COOL ENOUGH to realize that maybe he and Soren want a kid(s), but don't want to mess around with surrogate mothers, and hey, there are a lot of children who were left orphaned after that huge war and maybe they'd like a family.

I also feel like Ike knows his way around a sword well enough to teach his adopted kids his own techniques.

I feel like it's time someone posted this here: http://serenesforest.net/wiki/index.php/Paralogue_23:_The_Radiant_Hero

Would you like to elaborate on why you feel like it's time that should be posted? I assume you're trying to make a point, and it's not immediately obvious to me...

Maybe I'm missing something.

Priam REALLY doesn't even seem like he'd be remotely adopted. He's basically Ike with less Gary Stu [possibly because he hasn't got anything to go by, other than being a badass].

Ugh, please, do NOT bring up Ike or anyone being a Stu/Sue. It winds up turning into needless debate. I personally don't agree that Ike is a Stu anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

Would you like to elaborate on why you feel like it's time that should be posted? I assume you're trying to make a point, and it's not immediately obvious to me...

Maybe I'm missing something.

I'm not, actually. There's just a lot of people saying the game says it was Priam who came through the gate, and a lot of people saying it says it was Ike, and it seems checking the script is in order.

I'm not, actually. There's just a lot of people saying the game says it was Priam who came through the gate, and a lot of people saying it says it was Ike, and it seems checking the script is in order.

Well it doesn't explicitly say who went through, but the fact that the stories of the Radiant Hero are commonplace point to it either being Ike, or someone higher up in the lineage than Priam, as it would take time for those stories to travel.

Well... I started my theorising with an IF... and nobody corrected me...

If Priam is said to come from another world (likely Tellius)...

If you have the answers, I'd care to hear you speak up please Czar_Yoshi. I'm coming at this as an outsider because I'm yet to recruit Priam. :)

Edited by Red Falcon