Questions about FE4

GreatSaiyaman

When Byron gave Sigurd the Tyrfing in Ch. 5, it was broken. But when it was given to Serlis later, it has all 50 uses. I thought it was just supposed to be broken the first time around, but I've seen stuff on the internet talking about how awesome it makes Sigurd. What is the method to this madness?

And since Serlis and Julia were half / full siblings to Julius, shouldn't they still technically have Lopt blood? (they are Dierdre's children after all) What is to say the dark god won't rise again?

Cyas would also inherit lopt blood. Since there's nothing like the Maira convent to keep the three of them from having children, and their children from having still more children, another host for Loptousou getting born is highly likely. As long as Celice and his descendants keep a close eye on the Lopt tome it should be alright though, because it took possession from the book to screw Julius up.

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

When Byron gave Sigurd the Tyrfing in Ch. 5, it was broken. But when it was given to Serlis later, it has all 50 uses. I thought it was just supposed to be broken the first time around, but I've seen stuff on the internet talking about how awesome it makes Sigurd. What is the method to this madness?

And since Serlis and Julia were half / full siblings to Julius, shouldn't they still technically have Lopt blood? (they are Dierdre's children after all) What is to say the dark god won't rise again?

THe developers explicetly hrdcoded celice to not have lopt blood, which implies that they specificaly wanted you to conclude that he and julia did not have it(julia should have magor lopt acording to the internal rules). probably you can't have more then one magor and one minor type at once. Cyas probably still does though. However, Loptr himself probably went insain as it is implied that he is an earth dragon and every earth dragon but medious is explicetly mentioned to have gone insane in fe 3/12. Also, by the time of awakening, he is probably dead, because there are no earth dragons running around despite the jewels having been off the fire emblem for some time. A common theory is that he, medious, and all other earth dragons fuzed into grima. (granted, that's probably just bad writing but we are looking for consistency here.)

Edited by sirmola

It seems like no one can have 3 different holy bloods. Since seliph already have narga and baldo blood and julia has narga and fala, i assume they didn't inherit the lopt blood

Edited by Valesca Popozuda

In theory they probably do have Lopt blood anyway, with Julius having minor Heim as well, but perhaps those two counteract each other.

I thought so at first too, but derdrie seems to get benefit from both.

Cyas is still enough to get plenty of lopt blood out there if he isn't kept from having children. I'm also not sure that Lopt would die when all the other Earth Dragons went away - after all, it isn't the physical dragon in Judgral, just his spirit possessing people. Anyways, it's hard to apply much logic to the passing down of holy bloods, since there clearly are flukes, like the Nodion line having Hezul blood instead of the direct descendants of Hezul.

There isn't a clear consensus on how Holy Blood works, but when it comes to Julia/Julius, I'd guess Major Naga/Loptyr blood would reject it's minor Naga/Loptyr counterpart. That's only my personal headcanon at best, though, so don't take it as anything authoritative.

Minor blood is not always inherited, even if there is no other holy blood to inherit. Hell, major blood is not always inherited either. The characters in the game often seem unsure about inheriting holy blood like Azmur saying that "if the child inherits the mark" when talking about Arvis and Deirdre's future child.

Saias has Major Fala but doesn't necessarily have minor Lopt. Proof is seen in Scorpio not having minor Ulir (which he should have inherited from his father Andrei) and Ishtar and her brohter not having minor Fala (which they should have recieved from Hilda who is supposed to have minor Fala but ends up having major Tordo in the game due to a glitch). Or in the family history of Hezul, the heir to the throne of Agustria did not inherit major Hezul but a younger sister did which is why Eldigan has major Hezul yet he serves Chagall.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Celice and Julia holy blood might simply not have inherited Lopotsu's blood.

From http://www.serenesforest.net/general/designer4_2.html

"Q: How is it possible to distinguish those who can wield holy weapons?

A: A mark known as a "holy marking" surfaces on their bodies, which is the proof of forming a blood pact with the dragon tribe. Although, the time of appearance of the holy markings differs wildly for each person, sometimes appearing during their youth or even when they're in their old age. Additionally, it doesn't matter if the person is the eldest child or if they're male, there is no rule, so often there are occasions where the direct family has no successors of the holy weapons. For instance, the Nodion Royal Family are all branch descendants of Black Knight Hezul (the direct descendants are the Agusty Royal Family), but they are the sole inheritors of the pact-forming blood (of Hezul who formed a patch with the dragon tribe) that allows them to wield Mistolteen."

And maybe people who would have the mark appear on their body later in their lifetime might not be able to reap the benefits from it beforehand and therefore it's not displayed.

Edited by BrightBow

Or maybe they just threw the lopt tome into a volcano or something. That would neatly solve the problem.

There isn't a clear consensus on how Holy Blood works, but when it comes to Julia/Julius, I'd guess Major Naga/Loptyr blood would reject it's minor Naga/Loptyr counterpart. That's only my personal headcanon at best, though, so don't take it as anything authoritative.

Deirdre has major naga and minor loptyr, though...

Also, it's like RJW said, minor blood is not always inherited. IIRC, briggid's and aldeen's brother has minor holy blood, but his son doesn't and ishtar doesn't have minor fala blood, even though her mother does, for example.

Edited by Valesca Popozuda

Just noticed all those people who screw around with the jealousy system to get SerlisxJulia end up dooming the world again.

On a completely unrelated note, was that FE4 manga ever finished? It just ends abruptly at the end of the Silesia arc and never even finishes the first generation. Just wondering if it was finished or if it was just a case of the fan translators not finishing it for whatever reason.

Just noticed all those people who screw around with the jealousy system to get SerlisxJulia end up dooming the world again.

On a completely unrelated note, was that FE4 manga ever finished? It just ends abruptly at the end of the Silesia arc and never even finishes the first generation. Just wondering if it was finished or if it was just a case of the fan translators not finishing it for whatever reason.

Why would that doom the world. Even if you assume one of theirkids would have magor lopt (which i dont), julia knows how the lopt tome works (she says so at the begining of chapter 10), so she would dispose of it rather then let her kid ever touch it.

Since Celice inherits the throne of Grandbell, marrying Julia actually sounds like a good idea to me since otherwise his descendants won't be able to use the Narga tome. Well, unless it actually is possible to get major holy blood when only one of the parents has minor themselves.

Why would SeliphxJulia doom the world?

The Fujimori Nuts manga ends right after the Silesse arc, before everyone gets wasted. The Oosawa manga only got a fan-translation through the Silesse arc but it continues through Gen 2. Then there's another manga that only covers Gen2 cut but wraps up right before the battle with Travant for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...