I think I dungoofed Awakening

Its my first FE game, so I didn't really know what may have been obvious to others

I'm currently on chapter 17, and now my mistakes are coming back to bite me, I still haven't gotten any children (other than Lucina)

and I used Fredrick, despite now learning that that was a mistake

Is there anyway i can remedy this?

tldr; chapter 17, no children, relied on Fredrick

Edited by 1325

Buy Reeking Boxes and grind on earlier chapters. They only cost 500G a pop and will give you at least one Small Bullion (1000G) so you can grind for as long as you like. Get the units you want to use to at least Level 5 in a second tier class. Children are only really necessary for the super difficult DLC chapters (Future Past, Challenge Pack, and Apotheosis)

You can't really "dun goof" in Awakening Normal.

You have MU. You have Chrom.

You have access to reeking box.

... You can never get into a rut that you can't recover from.

...Awakening Normal is... amazingly easy. [it's there to "see the content" as it were].

Can you identify the reasons for what you are stucK? Is it that your units are underleveled/underpowered, or that you've lost too many units overall?

If you are underleveled, you can grind a bit using the spotpass teams that can be found in the "Bonus Box" under "Wireless". These will summon teams to your map, and you can challenge them to fights. There are teams of various levels, so it is easy to find the ones suited for you. Teams can be summoned unlimited amounts of times, so you can keep grinding through those until you're happy.