I feel like this phenomenon in Lunatic+ deserves its own name.

isetrh

I don't think there's a taboo against it, but don't expect me to start saying it.

At least he doesn't have Focus.

I wasn't expecting anyone to actually start using it. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I made this topic. I guess I should think before I post.

Focus would make it worse. It also could have been the Elthunder Mage instead for an OHKO if MU doesn't get Res.

If he's the top mage, you're screwed. Water trick gets thrown out of the window.

However because he's bottom Mage (I think bottom is the one with Elwind) you can remove all the other mooks before he gets there and then smack him with Frederick.

If he's the top mage, you're screwed. Water trick gets thrown out of the window.

However because he's bottom Mage (I think bottom is the one with Elwind) you can remove all the other mooks before he gets there and then smack him with Frederick.

Vantage/Luna and MAG+2.

He's gonna wail on Fred for a nice 16-17.

If Both Barbs DON'T have Luna, it's fine...

but..if they have Luna, they hit Fred for 13.

13+16 = 29

29 > 28. Dead Fred.

If either has Luna, the mage HAS to be kited. (and it can't be "Put Lissa over there" either, because Fred needs to Vulnerary)

...And that bottom Mage and the Barbs don't always move in a position for kiting.

...Vantage/Luna/Mag+2 is one of the most irritating combos to see.

Edited by Airship Canon

It's "whatever" in either case. I don't reset for this mage. You can kite, you can give Lissa to Frederick for another -1 damage if it helps, you can risk a heal, you can have someone else tank a hit (Lissa can eat a hit if she has +1 SPD), etc.

There are enough things that can tip your way during Turn 1 that you're usually better off rolling the dice.