Am I the only one...

Dragoncat

...who doesn't even consider stats and skills and etc when pairing people? I know it's a game, but...the last time there was talk of selective breeding for the best possible gene pool irl, World War 2 happened. And the selective breeding supporters lost. FE characters are NOT farm animals, people...

The comparison to Nazi Germany is a joke btw.

Edited by Dragoncat

Don't you think comparing min/maxing in Fire Emblem to Nazi Germany and the Holocaust might be trivializing one of them (see: the worse one), just a little bit?

So... you're essentially asking if you're in the minority for pairing people for ships.

No. Hell no. You're in the majority. Just take a look at tumblr.

And wow that comparison. A little salty, much?

Keep in mind you're in an elitist internet forum dedicated to Fire Emblem and its gameplay.

If you're looking to connect to people who pride themselves in ships, you should go elsewhere.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Some people like to power through the game; some like to enjoy it as they want to; others for other reasons.

The outlook for the whole "selective breeding" mentality in FE:A has to do with the difficulty selected (Lunatic(+) particularly) and, well, just people wanting to make their experience easier. ("Work smarter, not harder," I guess?)

I mean

This kind of thing was even in earlier titles, what with the whole "5 bond" support system in FE 7/8/9.

Edit: I agree with shadowofchaos' point about the forum.

Edited by Dual Dragons

Don't you think comparing min/maxing in Fire Emblem to Nazi Germany and the Holocaust might be trivializing one of them (see: the worse one), just a little bit?

I think hope that was a joke from the OP.

I don't care know if it was a joke (text formats are notoriously bad for this), but it still might be a bit over the line either way.

Bingo...

SOC: Tumblr is full of crazy stuff from what I've heard. I'm already on Deviant Art...which does have its share of craziness too. Idk...

but...the last time there was talk of selective breeding for the best possible gene pool irl, World War 2 happened.

That wasn't the last time, and also not even the first time. Study your history, son.

And no, you are not the only drop of water in the ocean. Is this your first day on the Internet? Tons of people pair for things other than stats.

Is this your first day on the Internet?

Heck no. My first day on the internet...I was a major n00b. I played Neopets and flat out asked people for rare items and typed like "she went 2 the store 4 eggs" "r u on" etc. That wasn't even my first day...but yeah.

Good to know other people do the same thing I do. I just see so much talk about stat/skill pairing here...

Though tell me anyone who plays on Lunatic - how much "leeway" is there for pairings? Something I'm totally ignorant on.

Depends if allowing grinding and SpotPass team item buying.

Well, if you're grinding on DLC and allowing SpotPass team item purchases, units like Donnel and Inigo are more possible to obtain.

If not, units like Donnel and Inigo should be avoided.

Generally, people say the less amount of pairs, the better.

But don't expect Stahl!Kjelle to go far even with grinding and the less amount of pairs.

Though tell me anyone who plays on Lunatic - how much "leeway" is there for pairings? Something I'm totally ignorant on.

Lunatic+ has a lot less leeway.

That's really the only thing.

You can really do what you want.

But MU x Chrom destroys everything. That's like top tier fire and forget in no grind maingame.

You're in the minority on this forum and in the majority everywhere else. But if you really have a problem with breeding mechanics in video games, do yourself a favor and never play Pokemon.

I've seen at least two other posts from the same TC in another topic saying the exact same thing. If it is a joke, it's getting very stale.

It's less about what pairings you use and more about how many pairings you use- you'll have an easier time with 2-3 random pairs than you will with a full team that's been planned out in advance.

Heck no. My first day on the internet...I was a major n00b. I played Neopets and flat out asked people for rare items and typed like "she went 2 the store 4 eggs" "r u on" etc. That wasn't even my first day...but yeah.

omg neopets?

my sister was like so rich on that thing. she had to starve her neopets, but it all payed off. she had like 99,999 (whatever the currency is), and still went to the soup kitchen because she didn't wanna buy thing for her pets.

Well I don't pair for stats, but I also don't pair for ships or whatever. Mostly I just pair the people I want to use this playthrough because we all know how useful being married is

You're in the minority on this forum and in the majority everywhere else. But if you really have a problem with breeding mechanics in video games, do yourself a favor and never play Pokemon.

Pokemon is different...kinda. And no, I don't have a problem with it. I was just surprised to see everyone pairing for skills and stats instead of who goes well together otherwise.

I'm starting to regret making this topic.

I was just surprised to see everyone pairing for skills and stats instead of who goes well together otherwise.

It's like me asking:

"Am I the only one who has a 3DS Capture Card and enjoys making videos of the Japanese version of Awakening more than the English version?"

rWgdgAc.png

You should expect to be the minority considering what this forum is mostly about. This is why SF and the more gameplay oriented FE forums get the reputation of being more elitist, simply because we just care about different things than the typical, more casual fan.

FE fans that are usually enthuastic about pairings don't last long here.

...usually not.

But that doesn't mean you can't get along here.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I was just surprised to see everyone pairing for skills and stats instead of who goes well together otherwise.

The main site and subpages (including where all the info for Awakening is) definitely has a focus on the gameplay and internal mechanics.

They do keep a record of support conversations, but I'd say that's negligible compared to the other info. The record just shows a completionist view of the game.

It's not a bad topic, truly. But it is a gameplay-oriented site/forum.

And there are some people here who do pairings because they like them and not for stats.

I am of the camp of Tharja x BENCH/LONER STATUS, but that would mean missing out Noire, and I don't hate Noire.

I'm so sorry, Donnel.