How to Screw with Fe7 Luna Properties?

Sleepy_Tactician

How would I go about changing this so it no longer ignores def/res altogether but instead, cuts it in half like in FE13.

While on the topic of piercing defense, is it possible to take the pierce skill from fe8 and insert it in fe7? If so, I hope it's as simple as just copy/pasting the raw hex data (although I wouldn't know where to find it anyways) but sadly it almost never is. And after I import it (assuming I can), I plan on giving it the same treatment as Luna. But the issue is that I'm a hacking noob and have absolutely no idea how to do this. Would somebody kindly steer me in the right direction?

Edited by Sleepy_Tactician

http://feuniverse.us/t/fe7-charting-the-battle-stat-computations/227/6?u=crazycolorz5

08028A16 1C20 mov r0,r4

08028A18 1C29 mov r1,r5

08028A1A F000FA67 bl #0x8028EEC

Checks Weapon Ability 1(From battle data; I assume there's another check that sets this to 1 if the Light Brand is attacking indirectly/ 0 for directly) for "Magic Damage". If so, does a hard coded check against weapon id's <0x10(skips code) and <=0x11(Light brand and Rune sword) and !=0x99(Wind Sword)(skips code).

Divides the strength by two and subtracts that from the "Attack" byte in unit data. Stores it back.

Stores 0 into "Crit" and "Battle Crit"

If not magic attack, gets the weapon effect byte of the weapon. Checks for "Halves HP" effect.

If so, does the obvious thing and loads the defender's attack and stores half of it as the attack. If the might is 0, then it is set to 1. Stores 0 into the defender's Defense halfword and into the Crit/Battle Crit of attacker.

If not Halves HP, loads weapon ability and checks for "Negate Target Defenses" ability.

If so, does the expected thing and sets 0 as the defender's defense.

-tl;dr A ton of checks. Applies the half strength/0crit for the magic swords, the half hp/0crit for eclipse, and the 0def for Luna.

Set it to lsr it by 1 instead of setting it to 0. Should be somewhere a bit past 0x8028EEC.

Edited by Crazycolorz5

I plan on learning basic assembly anyways. Is there anything special I need to know or would it be easy enough to figure it our on my own once I learn?

You NEED to know how to use a debugger. The most recommended for GBA is no$gba so learn how to use it and how to read code and you're basically good from there just keep trying