FE Logic.

Dragoncat

A troubadour doesn't need to pull off a lance charge, and in most FE games troubadours are non-fighting noblewomen, the kind of horses they have would be bred for fashion, not function.

Tell me how important fashion is during war. Once you've bred the horse to have the best genes, how hard is it to make more?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me how important fashion is during war. Once you've bred the horse to have the best genes, how hard is it to make more?

Incredibly difficult, it's not as simple as pulling Pokemon out of a PC box and letting them get busy in a daycare. First of all, nobody but a knight could afford and use a battle horse and they don't just have horses go have orgies to produce more babies, as if you had a useful horse, you want to keep it's blood "pure" and not want other people to benefit from it's offspring or dilute it by having it breed with lesser horses. The only horses a knight would allow their's to breed with would be ones of similar strength and stamina, which, as you may have guessed, belong to other knights, and those knights aren't letting anyone else have their lovely war beasts. Then it actually takes years for the horse to be raised right to fight and then a knight would take it. A noblewoman, especially the troubadours as they are not fighters, have no need for an expensive battle horse, a pretty, fashionable horse was a sign of status and superiority, a luxury that is a symbol of your family's wealth. If you were a wealthy noblewoman and wanted to show off, you'd get a pretty white stallion rather than an aggressive looking war horse, and for nobles, showing off wealth was more important.

In Awakening, how the hell does Dual Guard work? I mean they literally jump in front of the attack and they don't take a single point of damage. I would think they should take about half the damage or something. Unless they all have invisible shields (or use the force). I wish I could stop magic or weapons with just my hands...

Adding to what Knight said: a Troubadour wouldn't need a war horse anyway. War horses were trained to be in the middle of battle. They were not allowed to be afraid of weapons, the noise and charging. Then, depending on the time, they had to rear on command, turn in place (often on their hindlegs). They also had to be pretty strong to carry a fully armoured knight. Armour could weigh up to 30 kilos and then add the average weight of a man and weapons. It not only takes long to train war horses, but it is also expensive as hell.

A Troubardour doesn't really need anything other then the horse being unafraid of battle noise maybe. The war horse was a knight's most valuable possession.

Edited by General Asthar

Incredibly difficult, it's not as simple as pulling Pokemon out of a PC box and letting them get busy in a daycare. First of all, nobody but a knight could afford and use a battle horse and they don't just have horses go have orgies to produce more babies, as if you had a useful horse, you want to keep it's blood "pure" and not want other people to benefit from it's offspring or dilute it by having it breed with lesser horses. The only horses a knight would allow their's to breed with would be ones of similar strength and stamina, which, as you may have guessed, belong to other knights, and those knights aren't letting anyone else have their lovely war beasts. Then it actually takes years for the horse to be raised right to fight and then a knight would take it. A noblewoman, especially the troubadours as they are not fighters, have no need for an expensive battle horse, a pretty, fashionable horse was a sign of status and superiority, a luxury that is a symbol of your family's wealth. If you were a wealthy noblewoman and wanted to show off, you'd get a pretty white stallion rather than an aggressive looking war horse, and for nobles, showing off wealth was more important.

Thank you, I now understand.

Now explain Nah compared to Nowi. How long will she live, how fast will she age, and how does her dragon form compare to Nowi's?

Edited by Rabbattack

What I think happens with javelins is that they're ordinary spears attached to ropes or chains. An example of this is in Amelia's official artwork; I think they fling it to get the distance and once it hits/misses, they pull it back. Just like the sprites in the GBA games where generals have chains added to their axes or lances.

What I don't get it how arrows always fly straight. No arc in archery? Also in Awakening they just shoot it through a solid wall like nobody's business. (And even if they aimed up, it doesn't count for the maps where you're fighting indoors and there's a ceiling.)

Thank you, I now understand.

Now explain Nah compared to Nowi. How long will she live, how fast will she age, and how does her dragon form compare to Nowi's?

If Nowi's a thousand years old and she looks like she's 12 and Tiki's maybe around 2000 and she looks like she's in her 20s then I think one Manakete year equals 100 human years, and perhaps Nah has it cut in half. They must age faster in their infancy and youth, I think it would be safe to assume. I'm not really sure about any of this though, this is just a theory. a game theory, thanks for reading

Dragon form, don't even know.

What I think happens with javelins is that they're ordinary spears attached to ropes or chains. An example of this is in Amelia's official artwork; I think they fling it to get the distance and once it hits/misses, they pull it back. Just like the sprites in the GBA games where generals have chains added to their axes or lances.

What I don't get it how arrows always fly straight. No arc in archery? Also in Awakening they just shoot it through a solid wall like nobody's business. (And even if they aimed up, it doesn't count for the maps where you're fighting indoors and there's a ceiling.)

From someone whose had to watch his brother's archery tournaments, I can tell you that the distance in which archers shoot in the FE games (at least in the battle animations) is not quite large enough to have a noticeable arc. Also, the Tellius games had it so archers could only shoot through walls with windows IIRC, but it was really just an unnecessary gameplay nerf.

Sorry for the double-post mods ;(

Edited by Knight