Remake of both 6 and 7 in the same game. Yay or nay?

Dragoncat

Random idea...so this would be kinda like a combination of Awakening and Holy War. You'd play through Blazing Sword's story first, and get the children in Sword of Seals. If a certain person isn't paired, either you just don't get their kid, or they marry a random NPC. Of course it would have to be the latter with important characters like Roy.

I have no idea what this remake would be called...but, what are your thoughts on this?

I would love to see that happen, I really like long games that make it worth my money to buy them and Nintendo has been doing remakes lately so it could happen, but I think any remakes of FE games will depend on how well FExSMT sells when it comes out.

RD says hi...that one had 4 parts with like 20 chapters in each one. So why not?

RD was already testing my patience, I don't think there should be an FE any longer than that. (besides, I only think it's like 40 something.)

Edited by Knight

I don't know. If we're talking about having a full fledged 2 generation system ala FE4, I just see too many problems with it. For one thing, only a very few of the FE6 cast are tied to the FE7 cast (Roy to Eliwood, Lilina to Hector, Lugh and Raigh to Nino, Sue to Rath, Hugh to Canas, and Fir to Bartre and Karla). I'm sure someone could hypothesize about other connections such as Bors and Wendy to Oswin and Chad or Cath to Matthew but that still leaves only a very small amount of the cast involved in the 2 generation system.

Also, not even going to bring up how none of Roy's or Lilina's potential mothers seem to have passed their genes. Seriously, their potential mothers are a Dancer, a pseudo-Myrmidon, and the entirety of the Pegasus Sister Trio, and yet they both have horrendous SPD.

Ugh, no. Kids were fun (alright, I found them only okay) in one game. As long as there's not an interesting reason for children to come up (see FE4), I don't want them. I like FE for its supports, but this is too much. Nowadays when I play Awakening I get the parent supports but not the children because the game doesn't really give me a reason to care. They're just units that I can't use because I can't deploy everyone.

Not very many playable characters from FE6 were descended from or otherwise related to playable characters from FE7, so I don't think anything like FE4's inheritance system would work... as much as I would like to see the two games combined somehow.

I don't think it would make much sense for Sain's and Kent's performance in FE7 to influence Lance's and Alen's starting stats in FE6, for example... and everything else I can think of makes even less sense.

What I would really like to see is the war between Bern and Etruria that breaks out if the Tactician does extremely well in FE7. Sort of a midquel, if that's a word.

Edited by Paper Jam

Besides the fact Roy can potentially be good using FE4 formula, and how much I want it, that would give us a FE with 59 chapters not counting Gaidens.

Counting Gaidens, there would be...

From FE7: 7x, 13x, 16x, 19x, 19xx, whatever the desert chapter isx, 26x, 30x and 32x? Something like that anyway...

FE6 had 8x, 12x, 14x, 16x, 20x, and 21x.

There's another 15, bringing the count to 74

And don't even mention route splits....

In short, combining them would be a load of work.

Maybe someone will FEXNA up one whenever it's released. But I don't see Nintendo doing it anytime soon or anytime at all.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I wouldn't mind if the Elibe games were remade and packaged together in the same vein as Mystery of the Emblem, but I don't think a Genealogy style generation system would work. Genealogy was made specifically with the inheritance system in mind. The Elibe games were not. Applying an inheritance system to FE6 and FE7 would require wide-scale revisions to both games. IS may as well just make an entirely new game if they're going to do that.