Serenes Forest Smash Club! 3DS Friend Codes/Nintendo Network IDs, screenshots, videos, and more inside!

Anacybele

it's fun to mess with people on for glory and occasionally you can get good opponents. also if you want we could have a match i added your NNID

True, but mostly the trolling part. I will Pm you when I can play.

Edited by Radiance

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, For Glory is perfectly fine. I lose almost every match, but it's interesting to see how people play. Wish there were more Olimar though. He's like the least used character in the game.

fun seeing the holier-than-FG attitudes though

EDIT: also I see we're playing the "gang up on Ana" game which is totally great oh wait

Edited by Miss Kira

I've tried to learn to read my opponent in the past. I just can't do it. I can't understand how to do it at all, no matter how hard I try. It's like trying to fold up a potato chip bag the way my stepdad does. He's shown me how to do it several times, but I can't ever get it.

The point is this;

If your opponent is Ganondorf, dont go within five feet of the ledge while dorf is recovering from off-stage. Just like with Jigglypuff, if a puff comes right towards you via hop or something, either do a fast attack (jabs or grabs), or hold up Shield. Airborne players can't grab remember, so your safest option is shield against airborne opponents (unless they're Ganondorf/CaptainFalcon/stuff)

I've never had a For Glory opponent use Little Mac. They mostly use ZSS against me.

You should match me more :D

I know but I am saying use your tools sparingly. I mix up my play in order to keep going. I would not say you would have to balance them, just use them when you need to use them such as shield and all the defensive mechanics. I made a horrible choice of doing bad habits when I started playing. Another example is when I was playing with Elie. I notice he tends to counter when landing, so I wait, then grab him and punish him, then he stopped. You gotta adapt to your enemy

The main reason for this is because one, people are often bad and antsy, and if I can get an early counter, I will. Two, it slows my descent, which means I can sometimes land safer or slow fall into a short distance SideB while being just high enough to avoid certain attacks (most Fsmashes and Ftilts)

for glory has potential to be not that awful really, the biggest gripe I have with it is only one stage, I wish it roted through stuff like at least battlefield and smashville.

The best player i've every played against was on for glory (and i've played against some pretty good people here on site, including PKL), It's not hard to leave and find someone new if they're not a challenge/too good/not fun to play with. It's really quite nice the feature exists for those who don't have others to play with.

Gang up on Ana? What the hell did I say this time?

Nothing, Kira is wrong. Nobody is ganging up on me.

The point is this;

If your opponent is Ganondorf, dont go within five feet of the ledge while dorf is recovering from off-stage. Just like with Jigglypuff, if a puff comes right towards you via hop or something, either do a fast attack (jabs or grabs), or hold up Shield. Airborne players can't grab remember, so your safest option is shield against airborne opponents (unless they're Ganondorf/CaptainFalcon/stuff)

You should match me more :D

The main reason for this is because one, people are often bad and antsy, and if I can get an early counter, I will. Two, it slows my descent, which means I can sometimes land safer or slow fall into a short distance SideB while being just high enough to avoid certain attacks (most Fsmashes and Ftilts)

I've been grabbed right after an airborne opponent lands though. So I really just never know for sure if a dodge or shield will be best there. So I guess I'll try attacking in that case.

Yeah, I guess I should match you more then. :P

And my only real problems with For Glory is that it's Omega stages instead of Battlefield-like stages and I can't use custom moves...

Edited by Anacybele

You got a point Horace, but I have you guys and I prefer you all than for glory :). I dont want to go back to for glory, bad times and it was boring to me at least. FD only is not the only stage I want to play.

If FD only means I get to play the unbalanced Gaur Plain then it's fine by me

Which is interesting because I could totally write an essay as to why it should be called Bionis' Leg and not Gaur Plain but I also know that something too specific like Bionis' Leg could confuse people who don't know what Bionis is.