Serenes Forest Smash Club! 3DS Friend Codes/Nintendo Network IDs, screenshots, videos, and more inside!

Anacybele

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is friendly fire being on so important anyway? Just curious.

people typically have it on because you can do annoying stuff like projectile spam and not have to worry about your partner.

@Ana: This is because without FF on, people would be able to abuse cheap strategies like double camping with projectiles (which can be almost impossible to counter without reflecties). Not saying anyone here would, but I also like to keep with official formats. Friendly fire is on at every 2 vs 2 tournament.

Also GGs everyone.

@Ana: This is because without FF on, people would be able to abuse cheap strategies like double camping with projectiles (which can be almost impossible to counter without reflecties). Not saying anyone here would, but I also like to keep with official formats. Friendly fire is on at every 2 vs 2 tournament.

Also GGs everyone.

Ohhh. Now I understand. Thanks for explaining, that makes sense.

...I don't get it. With friendly fire on, you can damage your partner and even KO them. How do you not have to worry about them?

Ohhh. Now I understand. Thanks for explaining, that makes sense.

It's not only because completely safe projectile camping while the other player can just distract you from a distance without having to worry about being shot by you, but 2v1 matches while teammates can't hurt each other are just really unbalanced and unfair.

One teammate could literally just distract you while the other just continues to snipe you without having to worry about injuring their own teammate. It's also so both players can't just bumrush you in close range without having to worry about hitting their own teammate. With Team Attack on, this will be harder to pull off, and the 2v1 becomes more balanced and doable.

Like for instance, if I'm Link. All i would need to happen is for my teammate to distract you, while i pull off some crazy bomb, arrow, and rang support fire all at you while you're already having to dodge my teammate as well. Since Team Attack isn't on, my teammate wouldn't get hit at all by my projectiles, and then you would be in a really unfair situation, and I know you already hate projectiles in general; the effect would just be compounded at that point.

Edited by N7 Commander John

Yeah, I understand. :) Thanks for the further explanation, John.

Although, I don't hate projectiles themselves (I use them when I play Toon Link and to a lesser extent, Luigi and Robin), I just hate projectile spam.

...What just happened? o.O

We had a good match and then...something ended the next one early?

That was one of the closest matches I've had in awhile though, your Pac-Man has gotten better since we played on the 3DS version. I thought I was going to get two-stocked until I started making a comeback. XD I lost anyway, but surprisingly enough, I managed to hit you with your OWN FIRE HYDRANT. lol

I'm getting better with Frederick Mii though (he's my main Mii), I think. Dat edgeguarding I managed towards the end. :o

Edited by Anacybele