SNES Hacking is hard

Len1million

I've been trying to hack the Judgral games for a while now, and I have a couple of doubts.

Is hex the only way to edit...

-Text (Names, Dialogue, etc.)? (I heard of a text editing tool called "Resire" but where can I find it? Or are they working on it right now?)

-Maps?

Can I use that broken YY-chr thing to edit the sprites of the 2 games?
And if I can, where are the portraits, map sprites and battle sprites?

(things get much harder if you don't like the GBA games at all :sob: at least you can make custom weapon locks and broken weapons )

Thanks!

There's a whole text editing tool made by Twilkitri for FE4, and it's possible to mess with 5 via hex editor although it's not exactly fast. Map sprites and battle sprites are stored decompressed in both, but there's an element of compression for mug shots.

In short, it's all doable, just really tedious. Like, really really tedious.

I've been trying to hack the Judgral games for a while now, and I have a couple of doubts.

Is hex the only way to edit...

-Text (Names, Dialogue, etc.)? (I heard of a text editing tool called "Resire" but where can I find it? Or are they working on it right now?)

-Maps?

Can I use that broken YY-chr thing to edit the sprites of the 2 games?

And if I can, where are the portraits, map sprites and battle sprites?

(things get much harder if you don't like the GBA games at all :sob: at least you can make custom weapon locks and broken weapons )

Thanks!

Resire is not yet finished, although the fe4 translation tools are still usable. (note that lots of japanese asm hack patches for fe4 assume free space that the translation uses, so if you want to use them, you will either have to start from the j2e menu only version and add all text in yourself, or do a lot of repointing.)

there is an fe4 (fe5 is very similar) portrate insertian tutorial here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=43520

there is also a japanese fe4 map editer, which iirc has a translated version. Can't find it atm, though.

Edited by sirmola