What do you like to cook?

EricaofRenais

Are you guys sure you're not overheating the pan or using the wrong kind of oil for it?

The oil is right. The meatballs seem to cook properly. When the meatballs are actually in, the sizzling decreases noticeably, but I'm supposed to heat the oil before putting them in. I can't remember for sure what the cookbook says for the recommended burner setting, and the book is inaccessible for the moment to boot, but I'm pretty sure it's "high."

Well, as far as I know, sizzling and spattering is caused by overheating the oil. Also, putting a big bunch of oil in a pan and then putting the stove on high seems like deepfrying to me, or at least something of the sort. So its really no wonder it ends up sizzling. Could you turn the stove lower after you heat up the oil next time?

Well, as far as I know, sizzling and spattering is caused by overheating the oil. Also, putting a big bunch of oil in a pan and then putting the stove on high seems like deepfrying to me, or at least something of the sort. So its really no wonder it ends up sizzling. Could you turn the stove lower after you heat up the oil next time?

In terms of how it will work, I have no idea, but I could give it a try.

Cooking:

Jap Chai

Rice

Hotdogs

Ramen

Fried Eggs

Chow Mein

Pancakes

Baking:

Cupcakes

Cake

Bake Mac

Salmon

Brownies

(I really need to learn how to cook and bake more =_= with more complex dishes other than Jap Chai XD)

Cooking:

Jap Chai

Rice

Hotdogs

Ramen

Fried Eggs

Chow Mein

Pancakes

Baking:

Cupcakes

Cake

Bake Mac

Salmon

Brownies

(I really need to learn how to cook and bake more =_= with more complex dishes other than Jap Chai XD)

Combine both: make delicious okonomiyaki/korean pancake :)

• 2 weeks later...

If the oil doesn't sizzle and spatter when you saute something then you don't know how to cook.

if i could learn how to make good carne asada that would be the day i become unconditionally happy.

My dad can make a ton of carne asada in like fifteen minutes. I'm sure it's easy.

I mainly cook these three things: beef stew with rice, pho, and eggplant parmesan.

I went out of my way to learn how to cook these things because I like eating them.

EDIT: those are the more complex dishes that require some special stuff. I can do eggs/ham and all the basic stuff if I feel like it.

Edited by Dagon

you are a true hero. :)

thanks!

My dad can make a ton of carne asada in like fifteen minutes. I'm sure it's easy.

probably. but i still find ways to fuck up even hash browns haha. but i think i'll manage.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

• 2 weeks later...