Are there any good FE:A LP's out there?

TopHatCat

Heya gang!

So to make a short story long. :P

I've recently been on holiday and pretty much played Fire Emblem Awakening solid at night, often staying up far later than I should haha. I only read afew things before I delved in (it being my first FE game, but me being no stranger to the tile based stratergy game, one of my favorite genre's), so obviously I didn't know the ins and outs. It was just a casual playthrough. Marrying characters who I found interesting or fitted together. I just training up my favorites with probably hundreds of reaking boxes haha.

But it got me thinking. Lately I've been watching alot of X-Com LP's. Hardcore difficulty, long war mod, lots of tactics (and ofcourse deaths) and it made me think.

Are there any good Fire Emblem: Awakening LP's out there?

Preferably by someone who is enjoyable to listen too, maybe reads some character dialog, talks alot and most importantly, discusses/explains their tactics, talks about stats and possibilities and character pairings. Mini-maxes to the max and ofc, plays on hard/insane difficulty with classic mode turned on.

Thanks for the help guys and if you have a favorite LP'er or heck, one of your own please feel free to share! :)

Edited by TopHatCat

In on free advertisement for SoC thread.

Yes, Shadowofchaos has the most extensive let's play with commentary. Without commentary, you can turn to Omegaevolution's playthrough.

I need to get off my ass and finish that thing.

The thing is I don't read character dialogue.

Because that would be Japanese and that would be boring to English speaking audiences looking for English commentary.

In addition, I'm only on Normal.

I'm not sure anyone wants to LP Lunatic, however, a lot of people play it on Hard.

I recommend Annie's... Lady Arieta's playthrough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXmZMODgNC8&list=PL5WK-6HFuRvZ26ESwQDTcrLI1Md19fMLn

She does not min-max though.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I personally prefer screenshot LPs for turn based games like this, but i haven't been able to find any in a reasonable state of completion for awakening. I like to direct people to the lp archive (which archives lps produced in the something aweful forums) for high quality lps (the fe4 and 5 lps in particular are excellent, and there are complete lps for several obscure fe romhacks that are worth looking up.), but the only awakening lp on the something aweful forums was abandoned some time ago.

I don't consider mine particularly high quality, because the entertainment value is dependent on if you are pretty much an SF regular. We take so long to get through the opening dialogue and stuff and I have PARTICULARLY long episode times.

It'd probably get retsupuraed.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I don't consider mine particularly high quality, because the entertainment value is dependent on if you are pretty much an SF regular. We take so long to get through the opening dialogue and stuff and I have PARTICULARLY long episode times.

It'd probably get retsupuraed.

I actualy found it better than average. The editing quality is quite high, you are pretty informetive, and you actualy checked your vidio for errors before releasing it.

I actualy found it better than average. The editing quality is quite high, you are pretty informetive, and you actualy checked your vidio for errors before releasing it.

I just wish I could go back and redo certain episodes.

But that it would be impractical because of all the editing it takes for said subs.

I'd rather put that into new episodes.

Given how Awakening's metagame is still evolving, capture cards aren't exactly common, higher difficulties have a bad rap in the general public and there's a ton of misinformation out there about what's "good", you're going to have a massive headache finding something that fits all those requirements. SoC really is as close as you're going to get right now.

It's bad enough that there aren't even any valid guides to Awakening postgame out there.

If you'll settle for high difficulty and gameplay-based commentary without video or minmaxing, please check this thread: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40300 It's slightly old, but still incredible.

Coincidentally, I actually have almost everything needed to make an LP following what you'd want except free time.

In my humble/modest opinion, Rey's (shadowofchaos) LP is the best out there. :D Tons of laughs, cameo's and extras.

EWNetwork's LP is pretty funny because it's so bad its good.

If I ever climb out of the hole that is college debt, I might decide to give it a try but that's a LONG ways away.

Edited by ViewtifulBo

In my humble/modest opinion, Rey's (shadowofchaos) LP is the best out there. :D Tons of laughs, cameo's and extras.

EWNetwork's LP is pretty funny because it's so bad its good.

If I ever climb out of the hole that is college debt, I might decide to give it a try but that's a LONG ways away.

*watches video*

Well. That is a hairstyle all right. He's also silly enough to make it fun to watch, event though it can't be defined as "good" (the bottom screen is not shown, he spends far to much time talking at the beginning, ect.)

Edited by sirmola

I haven't seen anyone LPing Awakening on Lunatic, so you might not find what you're looking for.

SOC's is good but he wastes too much time playing those DLCs. :P And he brings in guest avatars. It's good for entertainment but not for gameplay value. Besides...

He let Cordelia die in Chapter 9 and I'll never forgive him for that.

Edited by Cerberus87

He let Cordelia die in Chapter 9 and I'll never forgive him for that.

If you were you were just a random youtuber on the comments I would ban you from the channel immediately.

But I know you're just joking.

Unless you're not.

This is great stuff guys! So many replies :O Nice to have found a passionate active community!

I'll be sure to check out SoC's vids once I'm back from my holiday.

I knew it'd be difficult to find, capture cards are pretty rare. But a streamer I watch often (TheOddOne, League of Legends player) would often stream some FE before his main stuff so it just really made me go "Damn I want an LP!" Ha :D

Looking forwards to it. Thanks all!

If you were you were just a random youtuber on the comments I would ban you from the channel immediately.

But I know you're just joking.

Unless you're not.

I'm joking of course, it was pretty clear it was just a mishap.

I didn't like you joking about Cordelia losing to the "maiden with no name" but I'm not fussed about it.

And I don't post hate in YT comment section either. :P

I second your suggestion of Arieta's playthrough, because she's hilarious when she fucks up her gameplay. :P

Edited by Cerberus87

I didn't like you joking about Cordelia losing to the "maiden with no name" but I'm not fussed about it.

You're tempting me to talk more shit about your waifu.

Haha, it's all in good fun though. The thing about it is, (in the perspective of thinking about the typical viewer, not you specifically) if you take any waifu insult that comes out of my mouth in stride with any character, it's a laugh for both of us. If you end up getting worked up about it and get banned on my channel, I get to mark a +1 tally for the waifu idiots I troll.

It's like how the majority of people took the Waifu Execution Exhibition in good fun, and I got to troll at least 5 idiots. Haha.

Edited by shadowofchaos

*watches video*

Well. That is a hairstyle all right. He's also silly enough to make it fun to watch, event though it can't be defined as "good" (the bottom screen is not shown, he spends far to much time talking at the beginning, ect.)

Glad I could help. And yeah, its's quite the Fresh Prince.