Do "aura" skills like Solidarity stack?

Bostrolicious

If I have two or more units with the same "aura" (for lack of a better word) skill, will a third unit who stands in the zone of influence of both the aforementioned units' skills get the bonus once or twice?

An example: Two units with Solidarity are standing close to a third unit. What bonus will the third unit get?

One more question, since I'm already posting anyway: If a unit has two other units close enough to support him, will they both add support stat boosts if he attacks/is attacked? If only one of them, how does the game decide which one will boost him?

Idk about the first question. But for the second one, only one. The game does it like this.

A B C

- D

If B is attacked by A, C will give the boost, but if C was the attacking enemy instead, the boost will come from D. I think...

But there won't be two in the battle scene. The supporter will always be in the battle scene even if there's someone else there.

Edited by Dragoncat

Idk about the first question. But for the second one, only one. The game does it like this.

A B C

- D

If B is attacked by A, C will give the boost, but if C was the attacking enemy instead, the boost will come from D. I think...

But there won't be two in the battle scene. The supporter will always be in the battle scene even if there's someone else there.

This is untrue, the support boosts will stack, but not linearly.

Check here for exact values (Support Bonuses):

http://serenesforest.net/awakening/miscellaneous/dual-system/

As shown, support levels can go up to 12, requiring up to 3 surrounding support partners (or 2 with Dual Support+).

The "support" partner that appears will be the Pair Up partner by default, and will be determined based on support level if they are not paired up.

As for the first question, I believe that multiple instances of the same "aura" skill do NOT stack. Hence you don't see crit builds of entire teams carrying Solidarity+Anathema, as sweet as that might be.

Edited by burgerkong

If I have two or more units with the same "aura" (for lack of a better word) skill, will a third unit who stands in the zone of influence of both the aforementioned units' skills get the bonus once or twice?

An example: Two units with Solidarity are standing close to a third unit. What bonus will the third unit get?

No, Auras don't stack. Most skills don't stack, in fact, although there's not that many asides from Auras which conceivably even could (the Dual Skills is about it...)

One more question, since I'm already posting anyway: If a unit has two other units close enough to support him, will they both add support stat boosts if he attacks/is attacked? If only one of them, how does the game decide which one will boost him?

Yes, you always get the full support stat bonuses from all adjacent characters plus your pair up partner, up to the maximum of +20 hit/avo/crit/dge. For your dual partner in battle, the priority always goes to a pair up partner first. If you don't have one, then the person with highest support level is next, and I'm not sure how priority is chosen after that.

I mean, we know "aura" skills like Secluded Lady/Demoiselle, Magic Square/Solidarity, and Charisma/Charm don't stack..

But, I actually hacked in other skills like Focus and Gamble. They don't stack with the same skill.

If anything, with how the game works, I think having the skill is just a bit flag to say "hey take this into account during battle calculation" instead of the actual skill doing anything.

Yes, you always get the full support stat bonuses from all adjacent characters plus your pair up partner, up to the maximum of +20 hit/avo/crit/dge. For your dual partner in battle, the priority always goes to a pair up partner first. If you don't have one, then the person with highest support level is next, and I'm not sure how priority is chosen after that.

As a note, when preparing to enter battle the game will show you who's going to fight alongside you with a little circle around their feet.

As a note, when preparing to enter battle the game will show you who's going to fight alongside you with a little circle around their feet.

This.

And wow, I feel like a stupidiot. I had no idea what I said was not true. So I made that little diagram thing for nothing -_-