If Lucina had her own moves.

Guy Starwind

So, I'm sorry if this has already been done but it's been on my mind recently. I think Lucina could've had some cool abilities or at least specials. Going off of skills she can learn in the actual game she could have the following

B: Astra. It could be the longer you hold down B the more hits it does (max of 5)

Down B: Galeforce. Kinda like counter but if you make contact with an opponent you automatically take an extra swing

Side B: Luna. It would go through enemies regardless if using shields (probably op but could be worked with)

Up B: Honestly I'm not sure.

Also you could have Miracle but in this case it would be more like FE4's Prayer skill. The more damage she has the longer you can dodge or hold your shield for. Once again maybe op but if Lucario can get stronger with being hurt why not Lucina?

Any ideas?

Up B could be an edited version of Ike's Aether. She dashes forwards, does a weak hit that heals your percentage (like Sol), takes a step back, and smashes through the opponent with Luna (or this could be one of those trapping final smashes, like Cpt. Falcon and Shulk).

Yeah, Lucina's Aether having a healing ability while Ike's doesn't wouldn't be fair. Ike is the original Aether lord too! Anyone that learns it now, basically learned it from him.

Although a bit of bias makes me prefer that Lucina didn't have Aether at all. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Neutral B - Still Shield Breaker. Stabbing is kind of her thing.

Side B - Luna. A faster version of Ike's quick draw. Also goes through people.

Up B - Sol - Reskinned Dolphin slash. Can sweetspot like Luigi's Super Jump Punch. Doing so will heal Lucina a small amount of HP. Sourspot deals very low damage.

Down B - Counter

Final Smash - Rightful King. Lucina uses Astra, Vengeance, Luna, Sol and Lethality consecutively.

the two things i really wanted from her were

• aether for her up-b, taken straight from ike. that ike can do it here and she can't is pretty dumb, even if aether has been neutered beyond recognition by ssb already. and hey, it's still cloning! :P
  • anything that isn't critical hit for a final smash. ANYTHING. something to do wth the awakening and the emblem would make the most thematic sense by far; sure, she doesn't do it in the main game, but unlike chrom she DOES get a nice cg when she does it in dlc so that has to count for something. hell, they could've axed crit from marth and given it to him as well and it'd make a fair amount of sense for both
  • i guess i have one more remaining quibble, but it applies to marth too: just slap a fifth hit on dancing blade and call it astra

lucina's moveset is still pretty disappointing. so much potential already offered by what she can do in fe13, with none of it taken because she's a clone. i guess it was to be expected considering they never really brought into question that lucina would be clonetacular, but nonetheless it's still a shame

Edited by bookofholsety

I hope Lucina returns with a slightly decloned moveset in SSB5 (she'll never be fully decloned, but I mean sort of like how Luigi, Falco, and Ganondorf were made gradually more different from their counterparts. And Toon Link, too, since he's basically Young Link with more differences from Link). I know she's even more likely to be on the chopping block than Dark Pit and Dr. Mario due to the fact that Sakurai would have no reason to have two reps from a game that most certainly won't still be the newest Fire Emblem anymore and Robin has the most unique moveset of any FE character.

Huh guess I hadn't noticed. Well, they could at least had her head show up like Chroms

actually, that's something i could really get behind! hell, they already threw in having her shout a CRITICAL HIT ONE-LINER; they may as well have finished the job properly

Neutral B - Still Shield Breaker. Stabbing is kind of her thing.

Side B - Luna. A faster version of Ike's quick draw. Also goes through people.

Up B - Sol - Reskinned Dolphin slash. Can sweetspot like Luigi's Super Jump Punch. Doing so will heal Lucina a small amount of HP. Sourspot deals very low damage.

Down B - Counter

Final Smash - Rightful King. Lucina uses Astra, Vengeance, Luna, Sol and Lethality consecutively.

I like this one very much.

Regarding Lucina, it's kind of funny that one of her few original animations actually makes her moveset less accurate compared to Awakening.

Lucina and Marth in Fire Emblem Awakening
Lucina_lord_01_zps934b3d5d.jpegDLC_Marth_sc_02_zps7fdece79.jpg

Lucina's and Marth's counter animations in Smash Bros 3ds
HNI_0027_zpscf1a2e1a.jpgHNI_0026_zps07a24793.jpg

Lucina's in-game pose in Awakening is clearly meant to be the same one that Marth has in Smash Bros too, but they changed it, and now it doesn't match her in game animation. Of course, in this case, the real problem here is IS being really inconsistent regarding Lucina's fighting style, with her in-battle animations not matching up with her CG arena battle or the official artwork.

Edited by NeonZ

Regarding Lucina, it's kind of funny that one of her few original animations actually makes her moveset less accurate compared to Awakening.

Lucina and Marth in Fire Emblem Awakening

Lucina_lord_01_zps934b3d5d.jpegDLC_Marth_sc_02_zps7fdece79.jpg

Lucina's and Marth's counter animations in Smash Bros 3ds

HNI_0027_zpscf1a2e1a.jpgHNI_0026_zps07a24793.jpg

Lucina's in-game pose in Awakening is clearly meant to be the same one that Marth has in Smash Bros too, but they changed it, and now it doesn't match her in game animation. Of course, in this case, the real problem here is IS being really inconsistent regarding Lucina's fighting style, with her in-battle animations not matching up with her CG arena battle or the official artwork.

Or you can chalk it up to Marth just being Masked Marth without the mask in Awakening.

Lucina's going off of her very familiar pose. No biggie.

Or you can chalk it up to Marth just being Masked Marth without the mask in Awakening.

That's the reason they share animations in Awakening, but my point is that they animation that they share in Awakening is clearly meant to be the same movement used for Marth's counter in Smash Bros.

Lucina's going off of her very familiar pose. No biggie.

That's what I'm pointing out here though. She doesn't actually use that pose in Awakening's battle animations. Lord class Lucina has Marth's stance. Lucina only uses Chrom's stance in the artwork.

Edited by NeonZ

Lucina's up special could have been her own variation of Aether. In the end of the Arena Ferox cutscene of FEA, Lucina jumps high in the air, does several flips, and then plunges down, very much like Ike's Aether but minus the sword-throw. In SSB she could either do a version of Ike's Aether minus the throw, or she could skip the throw and the plunge; essentially it would be like a screw attack with a sword.

Her actual Aether skill in Awakening is very similar to Ike's ranger critical, which is the source of his Quick Draw, so she'd probably get at equivalent of that attack too. Honestly, she really doesn't have that many completely unique attacks, aside from class skills which I'm not sure she canonically uses, so she actually functions pretty well as a clone. To declone her canonically, she could basically be a hybrid of Marth and Ike. If she gets skills, she might be able to scrape together a few attacks of her own, but Astra is basically Dancing Blade, so that attack would probably stick around.

I've thought of Astra as Dancing Blade. Isn't Dancing Blade 4 attacks? I think just add in one more and we should be good.

So, one thing I had in mind for what Astra could be is the Mii swordfighter's Blurring Blade.

Edited by Guy Starwind