• Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon
    • Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

Proto, a certain Double wants to know which Spoiler spells you find hardest so he can make some replays and give them to you.

Also the white bird is Mokou (see charm ribbon).

Favorite shot types nobody reads go~ (Not listing pre-MS or StBs because I hardly remember them in the first place lel)

MS: Mima, hands down. I can feel the power in my bones!

EoSD: Not much played but I like MarisaA I guess. Boss-killing is undisputed.

PCB: I had a lot of fun with MarisaA in the draft. Definitely would go for her if I ever pick it up again, dat score.

IaMP: Shit game, nobody remembers you.

IN: YukaReimu OTP, Suppa Tenko Ran too good. Easiest Last Spells, smallest hitbox, and you can still spend the last single bomb on a Last Spell. A+.

PoFV: I hate this game. Marisa/Sakuya make me hate it less, because I am then unable to see them on the opposing screen.

MoF: I've always liked forward-focus Reimu, but I don't remember what letter it is, and I don't care enough about MoF to look it up.

SA: YukaReimu once again proves that it is the OTP, with overpowered shot strength and warping capability bypassing stupid streaming parts easily, especially on higher difficulties.

UFO: All I remember about UFO is forward-focus Reimu and her ridiculously satisfying PRRRRRRRRRRRRRR amulet machine gun bomb. Master Spark can eat its hat.

12.3: Okuu easily tops this list for being absolutely brain-dead to use. You don't even have to land any projectiles. Shieldbreak, then chain into the most broken melee buttonmash damage in the entire game. Worthy mention: Sakuya for most broken Hisoutensoku. If you're a good Sakuya, you can never get hit.

TD: Hard choice between Reimu and Youmu, but I'll go for the latter. Slices up stage parts into neat little stacks of powerups and spirits, and murders bosses to boot. Only problem is that I liked brain-dead Z holding too much to perfect clear it with her.

HM: Miko's gimmick forces you to go full-force or die, which is awesome. If I can master her teleportation then I'd be gold forever. Other than that I kinda like Futo's stacking mechanism because I love big numbers. 80+ dishes OP. Reimu is probably still broken. Worth mentioning: EX bosses were shit. Give me Mokou and Flandre. Hell, Nue can replace Flandre if we already had enough Remilia. Way better fighters. Mamizou can rot in TD.

DDC: Knife tsukumogami wielder SakuyaA wins out this one thanks to the damage glitch you can abuse with timing the explosions of her knives so that you can chain them endlessly, making her an oddly downgraded, homing version of TD Youmu. Double deathbombing is also great.

Edited by Fera

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

*Dies to Yuyuko's second-to-last spell when she has only a few pixels of life left*...I have to beat her again? I have to beat her again.... that's just great... because now I'm TWICE AS FUCKING PISSED OFF.

There's actually a trick to capture her semi-last spell: since the first phase is fixed direction danmaku, move to the edge of screen which is unarguably the perfect safe spot on the first phase of the spell, then cleverly move to the opposite edge of screen slowly on the spell's second phase (the an aimed butterflies) hence, repeat.

Posted · Hidden by Balcerzak, April 27, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Balcerzak, April 27, 2014 - No reason given

*Dies to Yuyuko's second-to-last spell when she has only a few pixels of life left*...I have to beat her again? I have to beat her again.... that's just great... because now I'm TWICE AS FUCKING PISSED OFF.

There's actually a trick to capture her semi-last spell: since the first phase is fixed direction danmaku, move to the edge of screen which is unarguably the perfect safe spot on the first phase of the spell, then cleverly move to the opposite edge of screen slowly on the spell's second phase (the an aimed butterflies) hence, repeat.

Favorite shot types nobody reads go~ (Not listing pre-MS or StBs because I hardly remember them in the first place lel)

Yeah totally not reading these and taking notes for the draft since I haven't played any of the games other than EoSD

Is there a patch to fix the text in PoFV?

Shouldn't need a patch. Did you put the font that is included with the English patch into the correct folder? You need to copy it into the fonts folder of your system; having it just in the game folder won't suffice.

HM: Miko's gimmick forces you to go full-force or die, which is awesome. If I can master her teleportation then I'd be gold forever. Other than that I kinda like Futo's stacking mechanism because I love big numbers. 80+ dishes OP. Reimu is probably still broken. Worth mentioning: EX bosses were shit. Give me Mokou and Flandre. Hell, Nue can replace Flandre if we already had enough Remilia. Way better fighters. Mamizou can rot in TD.

Oh yes. Futo with 80+ dishes destroyed Kokoro so hard, it isn't even funny. xD

I dunno what's with Mamizou being a "bad fighter" though? I can understand not liking her, and the AI frankly has no idea how to use her, but if you pick her up yourself she's actually really great. Counter-based fighting style like Koishi's, except less random.

Shouldn't need a patch. Did you put the font that is included with the English patch into the correct folder? You need to copy it into the fonts folder of your system; having it just in the game folder won't suffice.

elaborate?

Alright.

Holy shit.

I forgot how much I despise Sakuya in PoFV.

I hate her area of effect for spirits, I have to fiddle with it to even activate any, which also makes me have to focus on something else OTHER THAN DODGING, and most the the time I accidentally end up activating spirits and then I get even MORE bullets on my screen, I can't tell you how many times my own spirits killed me.

Her special ability is literally useless, and ends up hurting me more than actually helping me, since when my own bullets self destruct I have to dodge from my sides and below me. Her player seeking knives are the only good thing about her, and that sadly makes me hate her when I face her.

Holy shit man.

I checked Mischat today. And when I did, Its apparently my fault I can't get anyone over there in this thread. Thank you J.

On unrelated news, Touhoumon seems interesting enough where it might become a full scale Let's Play in the summer.

I checked Mischat today. And when I did, Its apparently my fault I can't get anyone over there in this thread. Thank you J. On unrelated news, Touhoumon seems interesting enough where it might become a full scale Let's Play in the summer.

Ugh I GUESS I'll join but don't expect me to do anything that much I guess.

Zak is happy somewhere.

Okay so i see certain people there in the Touhou thread.

I'm highly averse to joining now.

Excuse me.

Have we literally fucking talked about this before like a million times, with me being mad, EVERY TIME?