• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

"this once"

I see...

Eh? What I meant was that if you can reach mid Stage 4 with 7 lives, you should be able to 1cc even if you bomb everything that could be slightly challenging. The fact that you can't 1cc indicates that you're unnecessarily losing too much wasted lives on these stages.

I personally found Lunasa to be the easiest on Normal but eh, I guess you're more proficient at high-density criss-crossing patterns.

"pray to the RNG"

He already needs to pray for successful DBDB, I don't think he wants to add any more RNG influence anywhere else.

No, I mean, I guess I'll fight my impulse to use the human to go through the stages this once... I'll see your replays, senpai.

The bosses are killing me dead.

...I dunno, I need to get better.

I guess?

iirc I only found Chen's midboss spell to be difficult. Just bomb to it, seriously.

That is what I've constantly been dying to. xD

I mean, it should be ridiculously simple in theory; I know how to minimize the risk during that spellcard and everything, but for some reason I always bump into a bullet in some hilariously stupid way.

I assume the UFO Hard failures are for similar reasons

I did actually use my bombs here. I seriously don't even. xD

Also I took a look at UFO Lunatic just for the shits and giggles.

Every enemy ever fires suicide bullets. :newyears:

(Also, I keep colliding with the crystals in Nazrin's final spellcard for some reason. I swear they don't stretch that far towards the edge of the screen on Normal.)

On the other hand I just No Miss Clear'd HM Lunatic

It's hilarious how absurdly bad the AI is at dealing with Koishi's strong ranged attack

So I got to stage 5 IN. I feel better than I did with standard starting lives.

SENPAI WAS RIGHT.

Also, hi Emerald

30 more days until Touhou stream get hyped. And Touhoumon starts in mid June, early July.

What Touhou are you gonna start with?

So I got to stage 5 IN. I feel better than I did with standard starting lives.

SENPAI WAS RIGHT.

Yeah, increased starting lives are pretty useful in IN, as you mostly just get bombs from the stages. >_>

(Overall there are only 7 extra lives to be gained in IN - 2 as [1up]s, 5 from collecting 1100 point items in total, and it's very possible to miss the 1100 one if you don't manage to get to the PoC very often.)

If you keep getting the Bad Ending (in other words, completely Game Over, even using up all of your continues), you'll eventually even be able to start with 6 or 7 lives if you want to. xD

If you keep getting the Bad Ending (in other words, completely Game Over, even using up all of your continues), you'll eventually even be able to start with 6 or 7 lives if you want to. xD

But having five stars from the start is dishonourable enough as it is! :<

It was years ago but I think I have only been 1cc'ing IN before the draft with five default lives

there, my confession for the thread

everyone go home

We all gotta start somewhere. :newyears:

still, I kinda thought that since I 1cc'd TD...

To be fair, IN is really hard, even on Normal; gameplay-wise probably the hardest Touhou after SA. Bosses in this game don't screw around.

I had one extra starting life from last time, but did at nearly the same place, wth.

Some runs go better than others. :newyears:

Just keep trying!

so I tried out an experimental program to control touhou with the mouse

regular play is hilariously terrible but I could see it being used for precise micrododge

Oh, yeah, quite a while ago I've played a different Bullet Hell SHMUP that allowed you to control it using the mouse. It actually worked really well; precise micrododging in particular, as you guessed, was made much simpler.

By now, however, I'm so used to playing with my trusty ol' gamepad that I'd probably do worse with mouse control regardless. xD

Oh? I haven't tried a Marisa in PCB before. Which one do you recommend, Emerald?

MarisaA is pretty much superior to MarisaB in all aspects. xD

MarisaB's only advantage is having Master Spark, which in this game is only marginally stronger than a well-placed Stardust Reverie.

We all gotta start somewhere. :newyears:

To be fair, IN is really hard, even on Normal; gameplay-wise probably the hardest Touhou after SA. Bosses in this game don't screw around.

Some runs go better than others. :newyears:

Just keep trying!

:(

That doesn't explain my failures in PCB...

Right...

MarisaA is pretty much superior to MarisaB in all aspects. xD

MarisaB's only advantage is having Master Spark, which in this game is only marginally stronger than a well-placed Stardust Reverie.

I guess I'll.try that then.

That doesn't explain my failures in PCB...

PCB likewise has rather difficult patterns; it's generally only regarded as relatively easy because it throws a ridiculous amount of extra lives at you. xD

I guess I'll.try that then.

imo whether you should pick Marisa or Sakuya depends on what gives you more trouble - the bosses or the stages?

If it's the bosses and you can confidently say that you don't need a lot, if any, bombs during the stages themselves, picking Marisa is a good idea, as her sheer raw damage output makes quick work of bosses.

If you're unsure, or can say it's the stages, picking either of Sakuya's shot types is probably the better idea, simply because she gets so many bombs per life and has better spread.

Edited by Scarlet