• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

...oh. Right. That explains it...

;/

As far as pattern difficulty is concerned, after 1ccing TD and EoSD, you're probably better off going for UFO next. UFO's patterns are fairly simple for the most part, so if you can deal with the UFO gimmick, why not give that another try?

Otherwise, maybe try DDC or MoF again?

The stages, I'm pretty sure I can deal with them. It's the bosses that kill me dead.

In that case, go with MarisaA. ^^

I was going to say Marisa B, because I use that one the most

That's fine! But if you just want to beat the game for the first time, MarisaA is honestly better. You'd be surprised how much stronger she actually is. xD

(Technically, MarisaB's lasers are marginally more useful during the stages than MarisaA's magic missiles, but if you're using MarisaB in order to have an easier time with the stages you're doing it wrong. xD)

;/

As far as pattern difficulty is concerned, after 1ccing TD and EoSD, you're probably better off going for UFO next. UFO's patterns are fairly simple for the most part, so if you can deal with the UFO gimmick, why not give that another try?

Otherwise, maybe try DDC or MoF again?

In that case, go with MarisaA. ^^

That's fine! But if you just want to beat the game for the first time, MarisaA is honestly better. You'd be surprised how much stronger she actually is. xD

Sorry, feelings of this being an insurmountable challenge are returning...

Hmm... I'll go for UFO, I'll probably thrive there a bit

Alrighty, MarisaA when I get back to it.

But she lacks MASTER SPARK

For EoSD/PCB/IN, I never 1cc'd them with default lives until the draft. I'm not sure why Kalas-chan is so insistent upon maintaining default lives for PCB... >_>

TD bullet patterns are incredibly easy so it's not surprising that it was the first game you 1cc'd. In fact, even the toughest spell in Normal Mode (Laser of 17 Articles imo) would be considered only medium-difficulty in any other game imo.

Including myself, many would say that games like PCB and MoF would be easier to 1cc. However, this is because you can spam your bombs in those games. The overall difficulty of the bullet patterns easily surpasses TD by a significant margin. I'm sorry, but if you're not prepared to bombskip troublesome spells, you're gonna have a very hard time trying to 1cc PCB or MoF.

imo after TD, the overall second easiest bullet patterns are in EoSD. I would suggest you try 1ccing EoSD next. And please increase your starting lives while you're at it. And use the hitbox and Vsync patches too.

(Technically, MarisaB's lasers are marginally more useful during the stages than MarisaA's magic missiles, but if you're using MarisaB in order to have an easier time with the stages you're doing it wrong. xD)

I use Marisa B because I like it. If I'm having trouble with a stage I just need to get better.

I use Marisa B because I like it. If I'm having trouble with a stage I just need to get better.

That was a general statement, not directed at you specifically. xD

Like I said, that's fine!

That was a general statement, not directed at you specifically. xD

Like I said, that's fine!

Ohlul, I see.

Generally, I don't worry how well a shot type does, because when it comes down to it, it's my fault if I fail or not.

the overall second easiest bullet patterns are in EoSD.

GASP

Implying you can perfect play Patchy and sakuya's stage with ease on normal modo =w=

GASP

Implying you can perfect play Patchy and sakuya's stage with ease on normal modo =w=

Um, yes? I'm not sure if I have ever done both in a single run, but I'm pretty sure I could. Patchy may depend on the shot type though.

Also, it's your turn in the draft

Oh snap, late panic bomb ruined your perfect clear >_>

In other news, I decided to try some IN Spell Practice. I finally captured Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana (MAlice Cannon so broken) and Hard Final Spark. Final Spark is actually pretty easy once you memorize and learn how to deal with each wave.

I think I'll try some Hard Hourai Elixir next...

Oh snap, late panic bomb ruined your perfect clear >_>

In other news, I decided to try some IN Spell Practice. I finally captured Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana (MAlice Cannon so broken) and Hard Final Spark. Final Spark is actually pretty easy once you memorize and learn how to deal with each wave.

I think I'll try some Hard Hourai Elixir next...

oh nice you caught saigyouji's nirvana now try it with border team

eh..how many last words you caught senpai?

oh nice you caught saigyouji's nirvana now try it with border team

eh..how many last words you caught senpai?

I haven't unlocked a whole lot of them, but from the ones I did unlock, Fantasy Heaven is the only one that remains uncaptured.

I tried PCB today

Youmu's spells were ridiculously easy, specially when compared to her non-spells and the Primsiver sisters

Hard modo?

I can't seem to like any of SA's shot types

Almost all of them are gimmicky to some extent, I'm afraid. xD

However, most of them are very similar in that they have very little spread and no homing shots. The only exceptions to this are MarisaA at high Power (has moderate spread focused), MarisaB (can switch between concentrated and spread shots on the fly) and ReimuB (has semi-homing shots).

The easiest to get used to would probably be ReimuA, ReimuB or MarisaC, though. ReimuB in particular is useful for 1ccing if you're not good at auto-collecting items via grazing (she can auto-collect all items on-screen if you let go of all buttons for a moment), as going above the PoC in this game is often difficult or outright suicidal.

Edited by Scarlet

I like my homing shots :c

ReimuB has let me down

If there was a better way to switch shots with MarisaB, it would be great, I actually found myself in a few situations where her sideways or backwards shot would be nice, but having to go trough all shot types at times to get the one you want is a no

I might try going for ReimuB or MarisaA, the latter has nice spread and since while unfocused the shots are crossed, you can do pretty high damage to bosses at the right range

I just don't know how often I will have such chances in the next stages