• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

There are actually three (four, if you count the second game's expansion since it can be played standalone) games. Linked some wikis for reference/100% saves/lobby community.

7.5 (Immaterial and Missing Power / IaMP): Probably the hardest Touhou fighter to get into at first, because of how focused it is on projectiles. Even the melee buttons are projectiles at long range. Spellcards (kinda like ultras or something I'm not familiar with fightan terminology), are activated like usual special moves in regular fightans. Being old and difficult, not many people still play it, though there's definitely still a following. http://wiki.mizuumi.net/

10.5 (Scarlet Weather Rhapsody / SWR): The easiest Touhou fighter to get into. Buttonmashing melee will get you through a lot of stuff easily. Has the largest following out of the three games because of how easy it is to get into. Uses a "weather system" as a background to piss players off. Spellcards are activated by a single button, but special attacks can be still activated with button combos and whatnot. Best downloaded with the expansion, 12.3. http://hisouten.koumakan.jp/

12.3 (Hisoutensoku / Soku): An expansion to SWR, adds some characters and rebalancing and whatever the hell. Can be played standalone, however. The netplay for 10.5/12.3 is trash. Get SokuRoll from the wiki to improve it, and Soku Lobby if you want I guess. http://hisouten.koumakan.jp/

13.5 (Hopeless Masquerade / HM): Somewhat deviating from the previous two games where your feet are solidly on the ground, HM forces you to be constantly flying, giving you an option to "jump" downwards. Also changes spellcard activation from Soku's simple buttonmash into a combo system again, combining all special attacks into a simple 1 button + 1 direction. Uses a "popularity" system as a sort of special gauge, and each character also has their own gimmick like an ammo system or a counter-attack system. http://shinkirou.koumakan.jp/

how use soku roll

1. run soku

2. run sokuroll

3. netplay as usual

Edited by Fera

Looking at my old replays, I've noticed that I played like a scrub. Not in the fighters, though.

I can't redeem myself without a controller

you and Kalas are both whipped

Well, J and Kalas are a thing so

I'll download HM and DDC even though I can't play them. But I'll be ready.

Koishi top teir

Oh yes. Well played, Koishi can be pretty frightening. :D

However, Marisa is broken and will top out any serious HM tier list. She has both strong melee and great ranged attacks, has insane priority on her moves and can combo from damn near anything into damn near anything. Heck, I've gotten hit by that one 7000 damage combo a bit too often. <_<

(Strong down melee -> Rising Sweep -> Comet "Blazing Star". And if you try to guard it, the first hit will just guard crush you lol.)

My Mamizou will be god tier, gdlk even. What I'm saying is that I'll be the best. My Byakuren will be a mean secondary.

Speaking of that, my quality of my Tenshi and Iku sort of took a hit after I started playing as Reisen in UNL.THAT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN NOPE

Dumb tablet doesn't like the character sorter, but eh.

In other news, HM and DDC will be on my laptop soon