• Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon
    • Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

flaw of forgiving shrine needs constant reflex, dont avoid the cards, just go through on it.

and you can passed honest man's death? =A=

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

flaw of forgiving shrine needs constant reflex, dont avoid the cards, just go through on it.

and you can passed honest man's death? =A=

uguuuu

i haven't gotten to that card yet

Returning-Bridge Ichijo is easy. Stay close to Keine, but at the same time go through the gaps between the approaching walls as early as you can.

New History Of Phantasm -Next History- works basically the same as Ancient History -Old History- (move left or right in roughly a quarter-circle, then return to the bottom center), but is a lot more insane.

If you have trouble with any of Keine's spells, keep in mind that unlike Mokou, she actually takes damage from bombs at all times, so just bomb-skip them if you must.

Fire Bird -Flying Phoenix- is basically completely misdirection. The "Phoenix"es are always aimed at you, but they're large, so you'll need to use the space you have very well to misdirect all of them without getting cornered. In particular, when there's a short delay before she summons the next ones, turn around.

It's possible to memorize a fixed pattern for this spell that'll always work.

Flaw of Forgiving Shrine is one of the easier ones. Slip through the gaps as early as possible and you should be fine. Avoid falling behind to the point where you have to pass through two gaps at once; in other words, don't wait until the waves overlap. Should be a guaranteed capture with some practice.

Xu Fu's Dimension, likewise, should be a nigh-guaranteed capture. Start off the spellcard as far to the right as possible without getting hit by the wall of rice bullets that is intended to limit your movement, and then very slowly nudge towards the left to stream Mokou's aimed bullets. The real danger here are the charms that simply go up and down, but their hitbox is surprisingly narrow.

The spellcard should be beatable as any team other than MAlice before you run out of room to dodge.

How the hell do these bullets work in honest man's death

i hate them

IIRC they're static, and Mokou simply switches between two possible spacings in the time between each laser. Try to switch "lanes" at the same time Mokou does, as otherwise slipping through the lines unharmed is difficult.

And how to do something something Woo

even though I'm pretty sure i know how

woo

and what comes after

i died to whatever woo

woo

and what comes after

i died to whatever woo

Hollow Giant "Woo" is misdirection. The first set of lines in each repeat of the pattern is static, but all other ones are aimed relative to you, so you'll want to direct as many of them as possible away from you to reduce the density of what you actually have to dodge once they explode.

The spellcard after that, Everlasting "Phoenix's Tail", is the only of Mokou's spellcards that doesn't really have a trick to it. It's just basic dodging.

Edited by Scarlet

When is Possessed by I'm so going to die on this spellcard

"Possessed by Phoenix" is Mokou's 9th spellcard, or in other words her semi-final unless you capture 7 or more Extra spellcards in one playthrough, in which case you'll face Mokou's Last Word as well.

Possessed by Phoenix isn't too hard. Just keep moving, but be ready to bomb if you do happen to screw up.

Alright, I'm watching all these replays:

Returning-Bridge Ichijo: You're pretty much doing it right. It's better to slip through the gaps as soon as you get the opportunity though, since waiting could put you in a bad spot if the bubble threatens you at the time.

Next History of Phantasm: You're doing it right. Just stream through the red bullets and avoid the diamond bullets. With Remirya's familiars, this spell ends really quickly!

Ihakasa's Moon Curse: I personally would not advise slipping between the red knives. The red knives can get too dense and you'd have to be really lucky to have the chance to go through their gaps. I simply just move around the red knives and get behind them. But eh, my capture rate here is pretty crap, so your method might be more reliable even though it looks much more difficult.

Flying Phoenix: If you do it right, you will never have to go through the region with red diamonds. The way you handled the second and later phoenixes was good, though there were a few close calls. Also, I would advise you to redirect the first phoenix to the left/right edge, or at least to a corner, rather than straight to the bottom center.

Flaw of Forgiving Shrine: The way you handled this is insane >_>. It's not supposed to be this hard. Your first mistake was in trying to avoid two sets of cards only to find yourself having to deal with three sets of cards. And even after that, you've often slipped through overlapping sets of cards, which is definitely not advised. Instead, you should try to go through the cards as soon as possible. Yes, this also means you'll want to sometimes move vertically down so that you can slip through the cards from the bottom before they overlap with the cards from the top. If you do it right, you'll never have to deal with more than one card set at a time.

Xu Fu's Dimension: Red cards go up, blue cards go down. You were doing it fine, though I personally prefer sitting at the absolute bottom, since the blue cards disappear before they reach the bottom, thus allowing me to focus only on the aimed bullets and the cards generated at the bottom.

Xu Fu's Dimension, likewise, should be a nigh-guaranteed capture. Start off the spellcard as far to the right as possible without getting hit by the wall of rice bullets that is intended to limit your movement, and then very slowly nudge towards the left to stream Mokou's aimed bullets. The real danger here are the charms that simply go up and down, but their hitbox is surprisingly narrow.

The spellcard should be beatable as any team other than MAlice before you run out of room to dodge.

I never actually tried pure streaming in this card. I always stayed near the center and it worked very well. I should try starting from the far right and see if it's easier.

How the hell do these bullets work in honest man's death

i hate them

Is it the bullets that bother you, or the laser?

Here's the trick to Honest Man's Death: You see that laser she generates? Well, it only gains a damage hitbox once it reaches the position you were in when the laser first generated. So while you can see the laser sweeping the area, it won't do any damage until it reaches that specific position. For example, if you're in the center and you see a laser being generated from the right side, all you have to do is move a bit to the right and you'll be completely safe from the laser.

As for how to actually capture the spell, here's my strategy: Stay in the center and dodge the first wave of bullets by moving a bit to the right, because the first laser comes from the right. Don't move unless the bullets require dodging. Dodge the next few waves by moving left, because the next laser will come from the left, and dodging left generally gives you more space to move further left. After that second laser, start dodging the bullets by moving to the right, so you get space in the right for the third laser. Just keep alternating between dodging left and dodging right based on the lasers and you'll eventually get to capture this consistently.

woo

and what comes after

i died to whatever woo

I can't Woo. I honestly just can't Woo. I can capture all spells before Woo in Spell Practice, capture Phoenix's Tail and the first phase of Fujiyama Volcano, but Woo is just outright impossible for me, sorry.

The spellcard after that, Everlasting "Phoenix's Tail", is the only of Mokou's spellcards that doesn't really have a trick to it. It's just basic dodging.

Easiest Mokou spell imo.

When is Possessed by I'm so going to die on this spellcard

The survival card is always #9 for Extra bosses. There are never any non-spells between 8 and 9, or between 9 and 10. And yes, you will die to Possessed by Phoenix. The annoying thing is that even if you resign yourself to bombing in a particular part, you can't use Spell Practice to practice the parts after that >_>

Alternating between right and left doesn't work for you? Should I send you a replay of how I always capture it?

If you know how to do it, you should be able to guarantee capturing it because there's no randomness and the dodging doesn't require much skill.

Edited by Railgun

Proto go code me a replay loader so I don't have to open up the games

you're good at this coding stuff rite

So I just sat down and took a few minutes to screw around with Hollow Giant "Woo". Here's the most reliable result I got; I think with this strategy, I can see myself getting a near 100% capture rate on it.

Should work fine as any team.

If it makes you feel better I often rage quit when I get hit in the first three stages. So yeah.

So HM and DDC are installed, I poked around HM to see who the starting characters were, I'm happy Byakuren is one of them. I'll leave my real question for when I can actually play, but HM is all slow when it plays, do I need to istall something or do I need a better machine.

just reduce the settings

you can set the game to run at half framerate, that does wonders for game speed

^There Fera helped more

If it makes you feel better I often rage quit when I get hit in the first three stages. So yeah.

So HM and DDC are installed, I poked around HM to see who the starting characters were, I'm happy Byakuren is one of them. I'll leave my real question for when I can actually play, but HM is all slow when it plays, do I need to istall something or do I need a better machine.

this is the only question I remember

And I thought I answered already

The other probably know more, but HM and DDC require a bit more of your machine, I got some lag, but as far as I know, it was only because of my computer

Edited by Baldo

Cool, awesome, thanks.

DDC runs fine, actually(its awkward playing with the number pad, not to mention my keyboard doesn't like three commands at once)