• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Yeah. I pretty much time out Zombie Fairy because it's less annoying for me to do it that way.

Also if you want to post how to Utsuho, go ahead, because the two spellcards of hers I did, I get the general idea, but they're weird.

Not much I can say about Utsuho; aside from the semi-safe line in Fixed Star, there aren't really any tricks to her spellcards.

The only advice I can really give you is to abuse Continues until you beat her, in order to unlock Stage 6 for Practice Mode.

nuclear fusion is just staying at the bottom of the screen, always somewhere near the middle but not straight up middle, so that the suns don't come center point; weave through them

first nonspell: don't hog the bottom too much, you might get boxed in

mega flare isn't anything to write about

second nonspell: stick to bottom of screen below her and nudge yourself slightly up, receive mad graze

fixed star is also nothing to write about, it's nothing but repeated movements (up-right, down, left, up-right, down, left, keep it up)

final nonspell: always stay centered during her first few waves, then when the yellow bubbles come don't stop moving

meltdown: apparently this card is really a bastard idk, just watch my draft run if you want to have anything to do with it

artificial sun: probably the easiest final card of any game

Edited by Fera

Yeah. I pretty much time out Zombie Fairy because it's less annoying for me to do it that way.

Also if you want to post how to Utsuho, go ahead, because the two spellcards of hers I did, I get the general idea, but they're weird.

Nuclear Fusion: The suns are aimed, so it might be a good idea to stay in a corner or something, and then make your way to the center to hit Okuu. Of course, be sure to dodge the blue bullets along the way.

Mega Flare: This is just reactive dodging. Looking ahead, you may often find no safe way out until the suns reach you and become small enough to create gaps. However, beware of overlapping suns that may not provide any gap even after they shrink in your location.

Fixed Line: Find the safe line between the two orbits. Dodge the yellow bullets with pure horizontal movement. The safe line does NOT extend all the way to the left/right so try to stay close to the center area.

Heaven & Hell Meltdown: I bombskip this with three bombs every single time, so uh, yeah, good luck!

Hell's Artificial Sun: First phase is for you to get accustomed to the gravity as you back out towards the red bullets. You should try to back out as much as possible during all four phases. The second phase requires you to dodge some tiny bullets as well, but the gaps are usually large and obvious. The third phase is the toughest, where the tiny bullets don't always have convenient gaps, so you need to react quite quickly to make your way to the safe areas. Reimu should have an easier time here, since she can handle smaller gaps. The fourth phase is the easiest imo. Everything is faster, but the gaps are much wider now, so it gets reduced to pure reactivity.

I actually watched both replays this time. You were doing them both right. For Master Spark though, it's a good idea to lure the laser away from Marisa instead of moving from side to side all the time. This is because you want to maximize the amount of time you stay under Marisa. Also, when you are under Marisa, you should switch to Yukari because she hits harder and you don't really need Reimu's speed to dodge the stars.

For Non-Directional Laser was done right as well. Not much to comment on. Except maybe that I usually dodge the big stars by going diagonally southwest/southeast instead of horizontally east/west, but all that changes is the timing of the dodge.

You're doing pretty good, Tonton!

I actually watched both replays this time. You were doing them both right. For Master Spark though, it's a good idea to lure the laser away from Marisa instead of moving from side to side all the time. This is because you want to maximize the amount of time you stay under Marisa. Also, when you are under Marisa, you should switch to Yukari because she hits harder and you don't really need Reimu's speed to dodge the stars.

Yeah, that's what I do on easy mode and was trying to do on normal too, but with no success >_>

I kept Reimu because when playing in the stage itself it would probably be better for getting those time points to not switch between girls too much in a spell

For Non-Directional Laser was done right as well. Not much to comment on. Except maybe that I usually dodge the big stars by going diagonally southwest/southeast instead of horizontally east/west, but all that changes is the timing of the dodge.

I don't know, I think I got hit by one of the lasers inadvertently a few times this way I was doing >_>

I guess I just have to train more with what I'm already doing then...

Thanks man ^^

One thing regarding IN though, what are the requirements for getting Kaguya's Last Spells?

I had only 11 o' clock and New Moon on my Easy mode final B clear but apparently there are more?

Is it related to the remaining time?

Better than Kalas

nope

qsofbo.jpg

So is yours. :newyears:

One thing regarding IN though, what are the requirements for getting Kaguya's Last Spells?

I had only 11 o' clock and New Moon on my Easy mode final B clear but apparently there are more?

Is it related to the remaining time?

Kaguya will keep going until either she runs out of Last Spells (she has five in total) or you hit 5:00 AM.

Failing one of her Last Spells advances the timer by:

- 0:30 if there were less than 10 seconds left in the spell

- 1:00 if there were less than 20 seconds left in the spell

- 1:30 if there were 20 or more seconds left in the spell.

So failing too many of Kaguya's Last Spells too early will indeed result in not actually getting to see all of them.

I'm assuming capturing one of them will mean time doesn't advance?

That's correct.

Hmm, it's probably gonna take a few clears before I can get her 5th final spell in spell practice...

Just repeating Stage 6B in Practice Mode a few times should also work.

You said you wanted that perfect clear so

I MUST REMAIN STEADFAST AND STRONG

hheh heh eheh

hehehe

ohapnb.jpg

Fatal error: Fera needs to restart

I agree with Miko's final spell being easier than Okuu's, but am still doubtful of whether I'd consider it easier than Mountain of Faith.

Also, if you want to unlock Kaguya's Last Spells, the easiest way to do that is to Practice Mode Stage 6B. The time will start at 11:00 pm (impossible in Story Mode) so you should be able to unlock all of Kaguya's Last Spells if you can just survive a few seconds in each of them. That's how I unlocked her Hard Mode Last Spells for unlocking Remirya's Last Word.

Speaking of Hard!Kaguya, Swallow's Cowrie Shell is one of her easiest spells in Normal, but it turns into a ridiculously difficult spell on Hard Mode. It looks even harder than Dragon's Necklace's Hard counterpart >_>

Beat Story Mode with all eight normal characters.

That annoys me for some reason.