• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Both of them

Only Kaguya and Eirin have Last Spells in Easy mode

For normal mode I have up to stage 5 (on my best run through it I finished stage 5 but run out of time :[ ) with only Marisa unlocked

I have Stage 1's Last Spell and maybe another one I can't remember right now ;/

Edited by Baldo

I finally captured Life Spring Infinity and Brilliant Dragon Bullet (Hard mode versions of Swallow's Cowrie Shell and Dragon's Necklace respectively). Life Spring Infinity is actually quite easy once you realize that you have to go above the familiar instead of below it. Brilliant Dragon Bullet is still as tough as I'd expect from Hard Dragon's Necklace.

Now I only have two spells left to capture in Hard Mode: Hourai Jewel and Hourai Elixir. I almost captured Hourai Jewel, but I don't have the patience to run through 99 seconds of Hourai Elixir.

Eh, i dont really see much difference between normal & Lunatic Hourai elixir -w-

The only part i had difficulties is the last 2 phase: The twin-green curving bullets and The slowmotion danmaku rampage.

And oh,, how to get Remillia's last word & Fantasy heaven?

im planning to capture 7 spells in extra to get Moko's LW but meh,,,

Eh, i dont really see much difference between normal & Lunatic Hourai elixir -w-

Hourai Elixir actually hardly becomes any more dense with higher difficulty, but the bullets become significantly faster. This becomes a significant problem in the 20-ish seconds before the slowdown part starts, where passing through all the criss-crossing bullets requires very fast reflexes and can be pretty stressful.

Fantasy heaven?

Capture all Normal Mode spellcards in the game as Marisa Solo, including the Last Words encountered in the main game. This includes Marisa's own spellcards. Marisa vs. Marisa is not only strange, she also has trouble capturing Final Spark withhin the time limit.

The only part i had difficulties is the last 2 phase: The twin-green curving bullets and The slowmotion danmaku rampage.

Green criss-crossing bullets are easy to screw up on, yeah. The final phase can also get ridiculously dense.

And oh,, how to get Remillia's last word & Fantasy heaven?

Scarlet Destiny requires 30 Last Spells to be captured. Capturing them with multiple shot types does not help. Still, though, capturing all of Kaguya's Last Spells in Easy, Normal, and Hard should contribute significantly towards that goal.

Fantasy Heaven requires Marisa solo to capture all Normal spells, including Last Spells.

im planning to capture 7 spells in extra to get Moko's LW but meh,,,

Good luck with that!

Hourai Elixir actually hardly becomes any more dense with higher difficulty, but the bullets become significantly faster. This becomes a significant problem in the 20-ish seconds before the slowdown part starts, where passing through all the criss-crossing bullets requires very fast reflexes and can be pretty stressful.

I don't usually have too much trouble with the criss-crossing bullets on Normal, actually. Maybe I should try Hard Hourai Elixir.

Capture all Normal Mode spellcards in the game as Marisa Solo, including the Last Words encountered in the main game. This includes Marisa's own spellcards. Marisa vs. Marisa is not only strange, she also has trouble capturing Final Spark withhin the time limit.

Last Spells, not Last Words

Stardust Reverie starts getting really annoying when the familiars kill you :P

The nice thing is that Marisa Solo does an excellent job with killing familiars and is very good at capturing stuff like Astronomical Entombing and Rainbow Danmaku. In fact, it's her familiar-slaying ability that's making me attempt Hourai Jewel with Marisa Solo.

I don't usually have too much trouble with the criss-crossing bullets on Normal, actually. Maybe I should try Hard Hourai Elixir.

Yeah, they're managable on Normal, but they overwhelmed me on Hard.

To be fair, though, I only gave it a single try, because fuck going through a 99 second survival spell over and over again. xD

Last Spells, not Last Words

Don't care, same thing to me! Besides, Last Word sounds so much cooler than Last Spell. xD

Stardust Reverie starts getting really annoying when the familiars kill you :P

Oh yes. Going through that with Reimu Solo on Hard to unlock Marisa's Blazing Star sucked. xD

The nice thing is that Marisa Solo does an excellent job with killing familiars and is very good at capturing stuff like Astronomical Entombing and Rainbow Danmaku. In fact, it's her familiar-slaying ability that's making me attempt Hourai Jewel with Marisa Solo.

That is true. In fact, of all the solo characters, Marisa is the only solo character other than Youmu that I consider to be at least on par with the full team. It's kinda sad how Alice has pretty much nothing going for her over Marisa lol.

Yeah, they're managable on Normal, but they overwhelmed me on Hard.

To be fair, though, I only gave it a single try, because fuck going through a 99 second survival spell over and over again. xD

Yeah, that's also why I have little motivation to try it.

Don't care, same thing to me! Besides, Last Word sounds so much cooler than Last Spell. xD

That's why Last Word only refers to the cooler spells.

Oh yes. Going through that with Reimu Solo on Hard to unlock Marisa's Blazing Star sucked. xD

The amusing part is that Stardust Reverie is normally Marisa's easiest spell when you're using a team or youkai solo.

That is true. In fact, of all the solo characters, Marisa is the only solo character other than Youmu that I consider to be at least on par with the full team. It's kinda sad how Alice has pretty much nothing going for her over Marisa lol.

Alice is necessary for MAlice Cannon though. Aside from scoring, I'm not really seeing how Youmu can compare with Marisa.

There's a 99 seconds survival spell? .-.

Yup, Hourai Elixir. It's on Easy as well, so you should have it unlocked. Last Spell of Stage 6A.

Yep, Hourai Elixir. (only the last 20 seconds is hard tho)

So yeah, in half hour, i managed to capture almost all normal spells with mari-solo.

The only thing i havent got is Voyage 1970 spells (Rage quit at last 10 seconds 2 times a row, wanna try kaguya's later)

and the other thing is normal difficulty magicannon and Reimu's last spell which both of them i havent unlocked (havent played story mode marisolo)

Alice is necessary for MAlice Cannon though.

I never really use the MAlice cannon, even when playing with the full team. I never really noticed enough of a difference in damage dealt to bother constantly tapping the focus button. xD

Aside from scoring, I'm not really seeing how Youmu can compare with Marisa.

Although that's not what I was saying, Youmu is almost as strong as Marisa and has the advantage of being able to shoot wherever the hell she wants rather than being locked into narrow forward-spread.

Yep, Hourai Elixir. (only the last 20 seconds is hard tho)

So yeah, in half hour, i managed to capture almost all normal spells with mari-solo.

The only thing i havent got is Voyage 1970 spells (Rage quit at last 10 seconds 2 times a row, wanna try kaguya's later)

You mean Eirin and Kaguya's Last Spells? I would suggest saving Hourai Elixir for last.

and the other thing is normal difficulty magicannon and Reimu's last spell which both of them i havent unlocked (havent played story mode marisolo)

Unlocking spells is independent of shot type. Unlocking Final Spark and Blink with any character/team should enable you to access them with Marisa Solo. Just Practice Mode them with Youmu solo or something.

I never really use the MAlice cannon, even when playing with the full team. I never really noticed enough of a difference in damage dealt to bother constantly tapping the focus button. xD

The only time I used MAlice Cannon seriously was in my only capture of Saigyouji's Flawless Nirvana. I've tried it in other stuff, but constantly tapping focus is both tedious and tiring. And really troublesome when I normally prefer going full focused.

Although that's not what I was saying, Youmu is almost as strong as Marisa and has the advantage of being able to shoot wherever the hell she wants rather than being locked into narrow forward-spread.

I've rarely actually found it useful for Myon to fire anywhere but up, but eh, I don't really Youmu solo much.

I am actually considering trying to 1cc with Marisa Solo though. I just hope the stages don't murder me due to not being able to bypass familiars and having no spread.

I've rarely actually found it useful for Myon to fire anywhere but up, but eh, I don't really Youmu solo much.

Being able to fire diagonally and/or in two different directions at once can be quite useful, particularly when enemies spawn from both sides of the screen at once (which actually occurs quite frequently!).

Although I admit that to make full use of it, it's very helpful to have the stages somewhat memorized.

I am actually considering trying to 1cc with Marisa Solo though. I just hope the stages don't murder me due to not being able to bypass familiars and having no spread.

Go ahead! The familiars shouldn't be the problem, considering even solo!Reimu can deal with them fine whereas Marisa completely murders them. I'd be more concerned with enemies probably often getting shots off before you can kill them, as her spread kinda sucks, but she has the same problem even in the full team. xD

Now that I think about it, I haven't seriously used a Marisa centric shot type in a while. I should fix that

MarisaA in EoSD/PCB and UFO is great, without any annoying gimmicks, if you want Marisa to kick ass and take names while she's at her best.

Being able to fire diagonally and/or in two different directions at once can be quite useful, particularly when enemies spawn from both sides of the screen at once (which actually occurs quite frequently!).

Although I admit that to make full use of it, it's very helpful to have the stages somewhat memorized.

But that's what Practice Mode is for!

Unfortunately, Youmu also needs to face Stardust Reverie >_>

Go ahead! The familiars shouldn't be the problem, considering even solo!Reimu can deal with them fine whereas Marisa completely murders them. I'd be more concerned with enemies probably often getting shots off before you can kill them, as her spread kinda sucks, but she has the same problem even in the full team. xD

Yeah, that too. I haven't actually tried Story Mode seriously with the full team, but I prefer Marisa Solo to Magic Team anyway.

Marisa/Alice team still otp.

Someday, you will acknowledge Marisa/Patchouli

Now that I think about it, I haven't seriously used a Marisa centric shot type in a while. I should fix that

That's because you seem to be obsessed with playing as Reimu for some reason.

Oh yeah, Hourai Elixir...

i actually hadn't noticed it was a survival spell, oops

You failed the first phase, eh? I'm guessing you haven't actually tried it seriously yet.

How much progress have you made in capturing all the Easy spells anyway?

MarisaA in EoSD/PCB and UFO is great, without any annoying gimmicks, if you want Marisa to kick ass and take names while she's at her best.

UFO Marisa has too large of a hitbox though >_>

i dont really see the difference in hitbox -w-

they say Reimu's smaller, but they're the same to me coz i always use reimu~

I'll keep that in mind, since I'm trying UFO.

Someday, you will acknowledge Marisa/Patchouli

That's because you seem to be obsessed with playing as Reimu for some reason.

UFO Marisa has too large of a hitbox though >_>

I acknowledge that I won't ship it. :V

It's those sexy persuasion needles.

That might be a problem.

i dont really see the difference in hitbox -w-

they say Reimu's smaller, but they're the same to me coz i always use reimu~

The difference is hardly visible to the eye, but it's definitely noticable when actually dealing with danmaku. Reimu can often get away with ridiculously close grazes, whereas if you make a mistake with Marisa, it's usually lethal.

I don't think the hitbox difference ever mattered to me until I reached Hell's Artificial Sun. MarisaB's giant hitbox really screwed me over there.

But like Puku-chan, it's also because I use Reimu in most other games. The only game other than SA where I really like Marisa is EoSD, where the bullet densities aren't high enough for the different hitbox size to become significant.

The giant hitbox did annoy me a lot when I tried UFO with MarisaB. Even moreso than her low power. Not as much as her crappy bomb though.

Marisa B UFO is for Masochism Challenge on Acing the difficulty tho :p

Help, i cant survive Kaguya's voyage spells TAT