• Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon
    • Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

You failed the first phase, eh? I'm guessing you haven't actually tried it seriously yet.

How much progress have you made in capturing all the Easy spells anyway?

I just tried it on my A 1cc so far

Stages 1~4A/B I got all, i'll have to check later but i might be missing some from Stage 5 and 6A and have all of 6B up until 11 o' clock

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

You can't really miss any spells in Stage 5 or Stage 6A in Easy Mode. You should be able to unlock all the Stage 6B spells through Practice Mode.

So, Kagerou, I like her. But haha wow her first spell card.

Sounds like someone needs to git gud and eat Wheaties.

Someday, you will acknowledge Marisa/Patchouli

Hipster Nitori pairing time

How do I Kanako

Fuck those knives

I tried to capture Hourai Elixir, better I got was remaining 25s or so~

damn those green bullets

a lot of kanako's spells should be bombskipped

knives being one of them

you don't need to feel bad about not capturing hourai elixir; it is probably one of the most bastardly spells in regular IN

Hipster Nitori pairing time

a lot of kanako's spells should be bombskipped

knives being one of them

you don't need to feel bad about not capturing hourai elixir; it is probably one of the most bastardly spells in regular IN

I don't have touhou pairings

who's the hipster now?

I dun even know how to properly bombskip them, though

i can capture the first and second one, Mountain of Faith Kanako's health doesn't go down fast enough for me to keep going without dying the others I always die even bombing :S

i also like cute capture bonuses

nah, I'm fine, I was just reporting how far I went into it

damn that thing is long

thank god it's not in the true ending <3

Edited by Baldo

So, Kagerou, I like her. But haha wow her first spell card.

Sounds like someone needs to git gud and eat Wheaties.

I used to have a lot more trouble with Kagerou's final spell at first, actually.

How do I Kanako

Fuck those knives

I'm basically parroting Fera over here, but MoF is bomb spam edition, so be ready to spam your bombs.

Kanako's attacks tend to have a general theme of reactive dodging (like how Sanae's theme is high precision, while Aya's is on reading overlapping bullets). You'll need to react quickly and correctly in order to capture most of Kanako's spells. But let's see:

Onbashira - Toughest spell in the entire Normal Mode imo, but Easy Mode is significantly toned down. Try to go high up before the onbashira close in, to misdirect the cards, so that you have to deal with less cards as you back down in the narrow space.

Rice Porridge - I don't think I need to tell you how to do this. Just react quickly and move to the gaps.

Hunting Ritual - Stay in the center and when she starts deploying knives, try to move in a quarter-circle of the screen. The knives won't go that far, but you have to be fast enough to not let the knives hit you as you move. And of course, you have to dodge all the circular bullets in the way. This is a pretty tough card, bombskip it if you can't handle it. This spell releases at least 1.00 Power btw.

Miracle of Otensui - Okay, this spell is just ridiculously difficult on Easy Mode. It gets close to impossible levels, so it's very likely that the approach I use for capturing the Normal spell does not work in Easy. I haven't actually tried any other approaches on Easy Mode.

Mountain of Faith - This isn't much of a reactive spell in Easy as it is in Normal. Instead, Easy Mode turns it into a high-precision dodging spell. There will be a lot of cards coming at you at very low speed, but at annoying angles and tiny gaps. The barrages get worse and worse as Kanako's health drops, and your bombs won't hurt Kanako or remove much cards. Still though, bombing > dying, but the reduced Power will hurt a lot. You'll need to be able to deal with this spell to some extent if you want to 1cc MoF.

I tried to capture Hourai Elixir, better I got was remaining 25s or so~

damn those green bullets

Like Fera said, don't feel bad about not capturing Hourai Elixir. If you have trouble with criss-crossing bullets, Hourai Elixir is not the best place to practice those on.

You'll need to be able to deal with this spell to some extent if you want to 1cc MoF.

my strategy when I got my 1cc was (almost) perfect clearing the other stages and capture/bomb skip the rest of Kanako to have lots of lives and go all the way through it

also trying to limit bombing to deathbombing in it

Hunting Ritual - Stay in the center and when she starts deploying knives, try to move in a quarter-circle of the screen. The knives won't go that far, but you have to be fast enough to not let the knives hit you as you move. And of course, you have to dodge all the circular bullets in the way. This is a pretty tough card, bombskip it if you can't handle it. This spell releases at least 1.00 Power btw.

I thiiink I can sometimes go through this was bomb spamming

what i was trying to do was moving to the far left/right at the bottom of the screen and waiting for the right time to didge them

Miracle of Otensui - Okay, this spell is just ridiculously difficult on Easy Mode. It gets close to impossible levels, so it's very likely that the approach I use for capturing the Normal spell does not work in Easy. I haven't actually tried any other approaches on Easy Mode.

oh god this spell

fuck this spell so hard

that and the non-spell that she goes like "now you see me, now you don't" are so annoying

weren't it for Stage 4, I would just give up Easy mode now in favor of Normal because of Mountain of Faith and this spell >.>

Edited by Baldo

*tries MarisaA in UFO* Hey this is pretty hot, I love the eternal laser things killing things ahead of m- *dies to Nazrin's first boss nonspell* bloddy hell *tries again*

Marisa's laser had the best damage but I still prefer reimu's homing bullets -w-

And oh.. hard modo?

normal.

MarisaA is good but I keep dying. Either because of the speed or because I'm.not paying attention. Either way....

And then I tried Marisa B for SA is ALRIGHT, but I don't like the shot switching mechanic, especially since two or three of them are useless to me.

-plays Pro Gear to buff his skills-

Everytime I pick the green plane it comes out blue.

Anywho, I tackle each run with a 1cc mentality. Funsies

MarisaA is good but I keep dying. Either because of the speed or because I'm.not paying attention. Either way....

Use focus to slow down when you don't want the high speed. :o

Seriously guys

Also I can't Wizard Fox Thoughts

it's the spellcard I have had the most trouble with so far.

Also I don't get Ran's 2nd spell either.