• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

my strategy when I got my 1cc was (almost) perfect clearing the other stages and capture/bomb skip the rest of Kanako to have lots of lives and go all the way through it

also trying to limit bombing to deathbombing in it

This would be a good idea if Kanako is considered to be the toughest boss in the game. I personally find Aya tougher in Normal Mode. If you can master Aya though, that's great!

I thiiink I can sometimes go through this was bomb spamming

what i was trying to do was moving to the far left/right at the bottom of the screen and waiting for the right time to didge them

I... never actually tried that. It should logically keep you safe from the knives though. Of course, don't go to the absolute bottom, but stay a little higher up, so you have more room to slip in between the circular bullets. This approach probably won't give you too many opportunities to hit Kanako though, but ReimuA doesn't care about that.

oh god this spell

fuck this spell so hard

Note, it's really easy on Normal once you know the right approach. And this approach makes it almost impossible on Easy. So uh, yeah, I'm guessing Easy Mode requires a different approach that should make this spell even easier, but idk what that is.

that and the non-spell that she goes like "now you see me, now you don't" are so annoying

I personally find that to be her easiest non-spell. For the bubble spam, simply move as little as possible to dodge the bubbles. Note that only the colored part of the bubbles are dangerous, while the white parts are safe. Try to hit Kanako as much as you can during this time.

For the knives, the objective is to stay away from Kanako. At the absolute bottom of the screen, start moving left or right (whichever one has more space) when she starts firing the knives. Slip between knife gaps every time you get the opportunity to do so. Don't change direction. You won't hit her much, but you'll stay alive.

Finally, for the green bullets, okay, I'll admit, this is harder on Easy than on Normal, because Easy Mode has sets of single bullets whereas Normal has sets of three bullets, making it easy to deduce the bullet paths even before they are fired. In Easy Mode, simply stay at the bottom and move left/right as the bullets arrive.

weren't it for Stage 4, I would just give up Easy mode now in favor of Normal because of Mountain of Faith and this spell >.>

You could just practice Stage 4 more until you perfect it

*tries MarisaA in UFO* Hey this is pretty hot, I love the eternal laser things killing things ahead of m- *dies to Nazrin's first boss nonspell* bloddy hell *tries again*

It's the giant hitbox, isn't it?

The thing i didn't like about SA MarisaB was having to go through all shots to get to the one I want at times~

If there was a better way to switch between them, i'd probably use her

The thing about MarisaB is that you'll generally want to plan ahead of everything. Your general default shot should be Water Sign (blue) for stages, and Fire Sign (red) for bosses. For specific situations, you'll want to change your shot type. Try to memorize exactly how many times you need to shift in order to get to the shot type you need. You can like, pause the game, think about the full cycle (Fire -> Water -> Wood -> Metal -> Earth -> Fire) and count how many times you need to shift.

It won't be long before your finger muscles unconsciously learn how many times to shift for specific common transitions (Fire -> Water, Water -> Fire, Fire -> Earth, etc).

Is there any "canonical" order for the mangas?

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Official_Literature#Comics

It doesn't matter which series you want to read first but at least maintain the order during the series (e.g. Silent Sinner in Blue before Cage in Lunatic Runagate)

Seriously guys

Also I can't Wizard Fox Thoughts

it's the spellcard I have had the most trouble with so far.

More than Charming Siege from All Sides?

Did you try that tiny-movement-only-when-you-need-to approach?

Also I don't get Ran's 2nd spell either.

Stay at center. Once the dense set of bullets get in your way, move to the right/left and dodge the bullets. Return to center for next iteration. Repeat.

Did you try that tiny-movement-only-when-you-need-to approach?

Stay at center. Once the dense set of bullets get in your way, move to the right/left and dodge the bullets. Return to center for next iteration. Repeat.

Proto I'm not dumb. That's easy. It's the excess bullets from the other ones spawning that kills me.

ooh.

Proto I'm not dumb. That's easy. It's the excess bullets from the other ones spawning that kills me.

Excess bullets from the other ones should never touch you unless you move too far or move when its unnecessary. As long as your eyes can check the front bullet of every new set, you should be able to capture it easily.

This would be a good idea if Kanako is considered to be the toughest boss in the game. I personally find Aya tougher in Normal Mode. If you can master Aya though, that's great!

Easy Mode Aya is much easier than Easy mode Kanako, though

Maybe I could go back to practicing some Normal mode Aya, i dunno :/

I... never actually tried that. It should logically keep you safe from the knives though. Of course, don't go to the absolute bottom, but stay a little higher up, so you have more room to slip in between the circular bullets. This approach probably won't give you too many opportunities to hit Kanako though, but ReimuA doesn't care about that.

Yeah, you really only want to directly target stuff with ReimuA in MoF if prolonging the spell will make it too hard to handle, I think I never had trouble with having the timer for a spell getting close to end with MoF's ReimuA, unlike in some other instances in the other games

Note, it's really easy on Normal once you know the right approach. And this approach makes it almost impossible on Easy. So uh, yeah, I'm guessing Easy Mode requires a different approach that should make this spell even easier, but idk what that is.

the thing is knowing the right approach :s

if only MoF had spell practice...

I personally find that to be her easiest non-spell. For the bubble spam, simply move as little as possible to dodge the bubbles. Note that only the colored part of the bubbles are dangerous, while the white parts are safe. Try to hit Kanako as much as you can during this time.

yeah, that part is easy

For the knives, the objective is to stay away from Kanako. At the absolute bottom of the screen, start moving left or right (whichever one has more space) when she starts firing the knives. Slip between knife gaps every time you get the opportunity to do so. Don't change direction. You won't hit her much, but you'll stay alive.

This one not so much

I'll try that

Finally, for the green bullets, okay, I'll admit, this is harder on Easy than on Normal, because Easy Mode has sets of single bullets whereas Normal has sets of three bullets, making it easy to deduce the bullet paths even before they are fired. In Easy Mode, simply stay at the bottom and move left/right as the bullets arrive.

I don't even get to this on normal, man :U

I dunnno, I think if I'm not panicking from those knives, this part isn't much of a problem

what i really don't like is not being able to hit her all the time :S

You could just practice Stage 4 more until you perfect it

I'm trying to heal from the trauma ;n;

srs talk, I'm practicing Easy modo Kanako because if I can at least beat her with more reliability, I could attempt to get an Easy 1cc again for the draft :s

and if I capture her spells I could try for a perfect clear, independent of the draft :v

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=33255

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=33257

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=33258

only uncaptured Easy mode spell now is Hourai Elixir~

I'll probably train more in the ones I still can't do it with much reliability and then train the stages themselves~

I think the part that I hate the most is Tewi fight because of the way the background moves >_>

what is pro gear

Another shmup. Cave made it, I think. Shmups by Cave are usually dense with the bullets.

My death boming skills are top notch.

I've honestly never really paid attention to much of the background, it seems like it's not even there

though I once used a skip cheat to practice Nuclear Fusion and the background being different (since the stage background and the boss background is different) really caught me off guard, it was kind of neat

I think it would be much cooler if you'd actually stick to one theme for more than five seconds. :newyears:

Blasphemous

If me and Master Bal decide to do a theme together then I'll keep that forever.

<3