Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Sorry. Let me.try that again...

Hi Poly! What's up?

good man

So I tried 10.5 moreso (I had to get the 12.3 English patch), not sure who's most comfortable for me

Touhou fightan's definitely not like any other fighting game I've played before though

and to think I would have avoided touhou altogether if you didn't spring "FIGHTAN GAMES" on me

you know that I'm a whore about fightan games

So I reached the final stage of Impossible Spell Card.

[spoiler=Final Stage Spoilers]How the hell are we supposed to capture Remirya's first spell? Like, I can see how the other spells are theoretically supposed to be dealt with, but Remirya's first spell reaches a ridiculous combination of high speed+density. Is there some kind of safe spot or something?

The only Final Stage cards I captured were the first two: Byakuren and Miko's straight non-curved laser spells. The others seem way too tough for me. I haven't captured all of the spells of previous stages, so I might do those when I have the time.

So I reached the final stage of Impossible Spell Card.

Damn, that was fast. Did you do literally nothing all day but play that?

Damn, that was fast. Did you do literally nothing all day but play that?

...pretty much, yes. I haven't played much after I captured those two spells from the final stage though.

So, like, for a game called "Impossible Spellcard", most of the spellcards in it are surprisingly well beatable, even without using the cheat items. I just finished all 75 spellcards, and beat about half of them completely legit.

[spoiler=Final Stage Spoilers]How the hell are we supposed to capture Remirya's first spell? Like, I can see how the other spells are theoretically supposed to be dealt with, but Remirya's first spell reaches a ridiculous combination of high speed+density. Is there some kind of safe spot or something?

[spoiler=Solution (Remilia)]Equip the Ghost Lamp as the main item, the Miracle Mallet as the sub item, and then trigger it at the very last possible moment. It'll last just until Remilia stops the dagger spam and restarts her pattern, provided you go as close to her as possible while invincible.

I have no idea how you're supposed to beat it without use of cheat items, though.

[spoiler=Final Stage Spoilers]The only Final Stage cards I captured were the first two: Byakuren and Miko's straight non-curved laser spells. The others seem way too tough for me. I haven't captured all of the spells of previous stages, so I might do those when I have the time.

[spoiler=Hint (Overall)]Abuse that Tanuki Statue! Most of the spellcards are fairly trivial if you can take 4 or 5 hits without actually dying. xD

Edited by Scarlet

65/75 cards done, and the remaining 10 cards are not cards that I like.

[spoiler=List]

• Mamizou trapping me in a cage
  • Shinmyoumaru's Shining Needle Sword
  • Ibuki
  • Suika
  • Remirya
  • Scarlet
  • Hinanawi
  • Tenshi
  • Byakuren's Star Maelstorm
  • Miko's Laser of Seventeen Articles

[spoiler=Solution (Remilia)]Equip the Ghost Lamp as the main item, the Miracle Mallet as the sub item, and then trigger it at the very last possible moment. It'll last just until Remilia stops the dagger spam and restarts her pattern, provided you go as close to her as possible while invincible.

I have no idea how you're supposed to beat it without use of cheat items, though.

B-but... Mamizou's item...

Seriously, though, it would be very silly if this was the only feasible way to capture that spell >_>

[spoiler=Hint (Overall)]Abuse that Tanuki Statue! Most of the spellcards are fairly trivial if you can take 4 or 5 hits without actually dying. xD

Heh, I actually captured Yukari's first spell without even trying. I just wanted to check it out and I ended up unintentionally capturing it! Edited by Railgun

I'm pretty impressed though

ZUN had to make the cards intentionally look like they were "Impossible Spellcards"

and all of them are legitimately beatable sans items, just really stupidly difficult

I'm pretty impressed though

ZUN had to make the cards intentionally look like they were "Impossible Spellcards"

and all of them are legitimately beatable sans items, just really stupidly difficult

There were plenty of spells in which the strategy for capturing them don't seem to be simplified through items. Or at least, for those spells, it was easier to figure out the no-items method than to find a method in which the items would help with.

Of course, there are a few items which also have general purpose utility that are always awesome to have if you don't need the item slots for anything. But that's probably not what you're referring to.

Also, RAYKITTY~, I finally captured Remirya's first spell! Thanks for telling me how to do it!

[spoiler=Solutions/Hints to the cards you listed]In the order you listed them:

• Abuse the cursed doll. As the sub item, I'd recommend either the Yin Yang Orb or the Tanuki Statue.
  • Abuse the cursed doll so you only have to deal with the static daggers, which are fairly easy to dodge.
  • Abuse the cursed doll.
  • Bomb seems to work well here
  • You captured this one by now, so yeah
  • Remilia's second spellcard is pretty hard. The doll seems like an obvious choice, but doesn't work well because it causes her to spam invincibility. Tanuki Statue + Yin Yang Orb / Mallet / Doll as sub seems to work best here, no real tricks - misdirecting Remilia is more important than what items you try to use.
  • Abuse the doll. You'll still have to deal with a very high density of bullets, though, so I'd recommend the Yin Yang Orb as the sub item.
  • This one's easier than it looks. Equip the cursed doll as the sub item, main item is irrelevant (but the bomb works pretty well if you need it). The only Last Day Spellcard I managed to beat legit. xD
  • Tanuki Statue + Mallet
  • Tanuki Statue + Mallet

B-but... Mamizou's item...

:B

Seriously, though, it would be very silly if this was the only feasible way to capture that spell >_>

I don't see any other way, though. Then again, it might be possible to go with the "flow", but that looks stupidly difficult.

Heh, I actually captured Yukari's first spell without even trying. I just wanted to check it out and I ended up unintentionally capturing it!

lol gj

That one's pretty mean, though. You can't erase the red bullets, no matter what. <_<

Also, RAYKITTY~, I finally captured Remirya's first spell! Thanks for telling me how to do it!

You're welcome!

Heh, the moment I saw And Then There Were None, the cursed doll (decoy) was the first approach I tried. But nope, each time she hit the doll, she exploded with larger and larger explosions, until it filled the entire screen >_>. It's like ZUN specifically designed that to make the decoy approach completely ineffective.

For the drums, I actually got pretty close to capturing it, but I didn't know about the spreading shot until I tested it right now. This should be much easier now.

I actually tried most of the other approaches you listed, but they were still too difficult. At least now I know there are no other special tricks to them. Thanks!

Alright, so I tried messing with the frame skipping like Scarlet suggested

1. I'm not sure why it is that SakuyaB is so bad survival-wise :s

2. WHAT IN GENSOKYO WAS THAT STAGE 5???

3. Where do I get the patch and do I apply it? I remember seeing here that DDC used a different kind of patch or something :S

Edited by Baldo

@Proto: The only other advice I have is that, in case you weren't already doing so: shutgun bosses as much as possible, particularly while invincible. Unless you're very close to the boss, at least two of Seija's shots will always miss, cutting your damage output in half. Considering both your time and your resources are limited, you'll want to deal as much damage in as little time as possible.

1. I'm not sure why it is that SakuyaB is so bad survival-wise :s

She's not that bad survival-wise, but she's definitely worse in that regard than all other shot types in DDC. Her normal shot is by far the weakest, and her bomb does precisely zero damage to bosses/enemies. You can probably see how that's bad. xD

2. WHAT IN GENSOKYO WAS THAT STAGE 5???

Seija - turning things upside down since 2013. :newyears:

3. Where do I get the patch and do I apply it? I remember seeing here that DDC used a different kind of patch or something :S

Go look for thcrap! It has its own little wiki that explains how to use it.

She's not that bad survival-wise, but she's definitely worse in that regard than all other shot types in DDC. Her normal shot is by far the weakest, and her bomb does precisely zero damage to bosses/enemies. You can probably see how that's bad. xD

I don't remember to bomb that often anyway :V

And I kinda found her unfocused spread and focused damage nice

Iunno, I think I liked her more than ReimuA even though I have a preference for homing shots for the most part

Seija - turning things upside down since 2013. :newyears:

;_;

The whole stage was pretty odd with enemies coming from near the bottom of the screen and shots going upwards :s

Go look for thcrap! It has its own little wiki that explains how to use it.

I read "Go look for that crap!" first time and thought "Wow, rood" until I read again :V

Mkay, I'll go look for that

hey look, BR patch for TH6 and 7 :o

Edited by Baldo

I don't remember to bomb that often anyway :V

You shouldn't need to "remember" having to bomb; it should come naturally. ;/

You ought to work on that at some point!

And I kinda found her unfocused spread and focused damage nice

Iunno, I think I liked her more than ReimuA even though I have a preference for homing shots for the most part

You can have both, actually! SakuyaA has the same spread as SakuyaB unfocused, but homing shots focused (and they're stronger than SakuyaB's, too). And SakuyaA's bomb is a protective shield, which I'm sure even someone with little bombing experience can get some use out of. xD

;_;

The whole stage was pretty odd with enemies coming from near the bottom of the screen and shots going upwards :s

Have fun with it. :D

*Does Mokou's last spell card in Impossible Spell Card*

"So how is this hard?"

*dies to resurrection explosion*

Welp.

Edited by Kyouko

You shouldn't need to "remember" having to bomb; it should come naturally. ;/

You ought to work on that at some point!

It's actually because when I started playing MoF I wasn't knowing when to use bombs and only making things worse, so I started practicing not using them :o

I only got to actually improve when I neglected them :s that's why I'm so obsessed with capturing spells, because not capturing usually means death :v

There are times I forget to use Last Spells with BORDER TEAM in IN >_>

You can have both, actually! SakuyaA has the same spread as SakuyaB unfocused, but homing shots focused (and they're stronger than SakuyaB's, too). And SakuyaA's bomb is a protective shield, which I'm sure even someone with little bombing experience can get some use out of. xD

Sadly that's not an option ins the draft at this point :s if only i tried fixing the lag issues earlier ;~;

Have fun with it. :D

Gotta channel that inner maso :D

Also, I'm really torn about DDC's art, I don't like the protagonist's sprites but

[spoiler=Kagerou Imaizumi]

Th14Kagerou.png

[spoiler=Sekibanki]

Th14Sekibanki.png

I really like these two :V

Edited by Baldo

*Does Mokou's last spell card in Impossible Spell Card*

"So how is this hard?"

*dies to resurrection explosion*

Welp.

Oh yes. :D

I lucked out on my first attempt and didn't get hit by it, though. xD

[spoiler=In case you need some help with it]Try to delay depleting Mokou's HP as long as you can. The bullet density will start to increase more and more until you "kill" Mokou, at which point she does the explosion and the density resets, but you win this spellcard only by timing it out, so you'll probably want to avoid having Mokou explode more than once considering how hard it is to dodge.

@Sety: What's the problem with the other sprites? I honestly think ZUN is constantly improving; they're honestly not that bad at this point. xD