• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

...wow
I managed to beat Remilia's second spellcard without item use. Camera sub OP

Aya's camera and Yukari's umbrella don't help either....
Ftr I'm stuck at Seki's last one, and ALL of Kyouko's.

[spoiler=Hints and Solutions]

• Kyouko's first:
    Go with the flow, then stay outside the echo field. Using either the camera or the fabric if you get walled should work fine. Admittedly, however, the timer can become a problem. If you have trouble with this one, leave it for later.
  • Kyouko's second:
    The large bullets transform into significantly more dodgable smaller ones as soon as they touch the echo field, and the echo field in this spellcard moves with you. So, try to approach the walls and make holes in them early, as dodging multiple bullet waves at once is very difficult. Overall this spellcard isn't difficult at all even without item use, but if you need help, the camera and the fabric should both work.
  • Kyouko's final:
    Stay below Kyouko and move as little as possible while streaming the charms. Use the camera to cut a hole into them when you need to turn around. If you have trouble with this one, I'd recommend saving it for later; equipping the cursed doll as the sub item makes this one absurdly trivial. xD
  • Sekibanki's final:
    Despite their movement pattern being somewhat erratic, both heads will aim roughly at your position, so this spellcard is mostly about misdirection. Out of the three items you have available at this point, only the camera is of any real help, but don't rely too much on it.
Edited by Scarlet

That's actually not terribly surprising, considering that the highest scores are awared for pictures taken in absurdly dangerous situations. :newyears:

In Double Spoiler, on one spellcard I managed to get a single picture this way (about a million points) that beat my complete score from the actual clear. xD

Yeah, I'm actually noticing that more now that the spells are getting harder and I have to risk myself more for nice shot

now to level 2 :v

also, I keep forgetting that i can't take the pic while focused, oops

Edited by Baldo

Congrats, ZM!

Man, I get so many silly deaths because I insist on getting those souls in TD :S

Thanks Tonton!

I got a few silly deaths during the 1cc, but my mad dodging skills made up for it, haha.

Also, I got no deaths from Shou's curvy lasers. Proud.

Congrats, ZM!

Thanks Scarlet!

Aya's camera and Yukari's umbrella don't help either....

Ftr I'm stuck at Seki's last one, and ALL of Kyouko's.

Note: RAYKITTY~ seems to hate Yukari's parasol

[spoiler=My advice]

• Kyouko's first spell - First, try to shotgun her as much as possible at point-blank range in the beginning. You'll have to go around her when the bullets spin around. Then, once the spell actually starts, try to get as much damage in by backing down before you're forced to move to the right. Some bullets will come to you, but the gaps are rather large. Return to the center and fire at Kyouko.

For the next wave, and all waves after that, head to the left and you'll be safe. Eventually, a wall of bullets will approach you, so you can use any of your items to deal with it. I personally used the parasol to move to the other side, but RAYKITTY's suggestions of fabric and camera should work quite well too. The problem here is that you might run out of time, so try to see how much health she has left if you do time it out, and see if you can try sneaking in more opportunities to damage her throughout the spell and see if it helps.

• Kyouko's second spell - I would suggest saving this one for later, since it can get really tough when you have to deal with waves from all four corners. Like RAYKITTY said, you should try making holes in the waves asap, and slip through them. If things start looking bad, use the fabric (camera should probably work well too) to keep yourself alive.
  • Kyouko's final spell - I captured this with both Umbrella and Camera. For the camera, do what RAYKITTY said. For the umbrella, simply stream the waves (move as little as possible) and once you reach a point where you can't hit Kyouko anymore, just move to the edge, warp yourself, move to a position where you can hit Kyouko, and continue streaming.
  • Sekibanki's final spell - Although my first capture was with the camera, I found the parasol approach to be much easier. Try to make sure you never get trapped in a room walled by bullets. Position yourself such that you always have access to one of the four edges. When things start looking bad, simply use the edge to warp to the other side. You should be able to find a nice comfortable position where you can hit Sekibanki hard. Repeat until captured.

For all spells: try to maximize your damage output every time you have opportunity to hit the boss. Ideally, you want all four of Seija's shots to hit the boss, but that requires you to get really close. At a distance, at least try to get three shots in. Obviously, dodging takes priority over this, but ensuring that you get the best damage in whenever you're not immediately threatened will help a lot in taking bosses down.

...wow

I managed to beat Remilia's second spellcard without item use. Camera sub OP

Whoa, congratulations!

Remirya's second spell doesn't actually look too hard once you know how to deal with it, but there's still a lot of room for error.

I've also lost my motivation to play ISC, since I captured all spells and I know I won't be able to 100% perfect clear (with BS like Laser of 17 Articles, Remirya's knives, and both of Byakuren's spells). I've already maximized all my item levels too.

are you pressing c

I have the ability to forget the X and C buttons exist when they could actually be useful :v

On another note, I hate how sometimes I fail to capture a spell that I can capture because I died in a non-spell thanks to trance

Also, fuck Yoshika's last spell

Edited by Baldo

The C button, in particular, is very important in Th13 because Trance Mode causes spirits to get boosted value. Blue spirits offer 10 times more point value boosts, green spirits offer two bomb pieces each, and most importantly, purple spirits offer two life pieces each. And considering how stingy TD is with resources, you'll really want to go into Trance Mode whenever you see multiple purple spirits, even if the situation isn't dangerous at all.

But even with proper Trance abusing, it's hard to get more than 4 Extends. This is way lower than other games but the attack patterns are much easier than other games too. But you still need to actually get good at them since you can't afford to die too much.

Edited by Railgun