• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Some other Touhou fangames you folks should try out:

Sengoku Gensokyo: combines the gameplay of one of my favorite VNs with the touhou setting, and gets downright addictive, if a bit short (only 10 hours or so to finish it).

Gensou Shoujo Taisen: a.k.a. the TouhouSRW. Very well done, and true to Touhou, is difficult. XD

I hardly play the fangames because a lot of them are old and lacking certain characters.

Just checked, she learns it at Lv 25. I considered it to be "pretty early" because I didn't get Mokou until Stage 9/10 when she auto-joins, so I think she already had Xu Fu by the time she was leveled up enough to deal with stuff.

Right, I got it now.

...and of course it costs a bomb to use. I probably should've expected that. ~_~

Oh, you used Private Square to bypass that too?

No, Yuyuko actually did use it, but it didn't affect Sakuya. Death Resist. <3

I don't really remember how I dealt with that, because it wasn't that much of a problem for me for some reason. Anyhow, one of the best defenses against negative status effects is to have Sanae use her RES++ spell. It should be sufficient to significantly reduce the probability of being inflicted by Venom, at least. And since it's only Medicine that's bothering you with Poison, you can use Byakuren to reduce her IND. Mokou might also be a good commander if you don't have Sanae's revival spell yet. There's also a poison immunity accessory, but I'm not sure if you have that yet.

...I have neither Sanae's RES++ spell, nor Byakuren. D:

I do have the Poison Lily, but that only protects one character. Not even Mokou has enough DEF to solo that fight. >_<

If Medicine is the biggest threat, direct all your attacks on her first until she goes down, and then worry about Yuuka. Surely by now you should've learned both their weaknesses, right?

I figured out Yuuka's weakness and narrowed down Medicine's to being either Water or Earth (although Earth wouldn't make terribly much sense), but with my current setup, it's hard to exploit Medicine's. Furthermore, for some reason she's completely immune to Light and Dark, which means Reimu, my strongest character overall, is completely useless in that fight. >_<

use Sanae's Poison-prevention field effect

it's in one of her Snake growth trees

Wait, such a thing exists? Okay... Gotta go play some catch-up with Sanae, then. x_x

Sengoku Gensokyo

I agree, it's a pretty cool game, although the finale is stupidly hard.

Right, I got it now.

...and of course it costs a bomb to use. I probably should've expected that. ~_~

I think ALL of Mokou's skills require a bomb or two.

No, Yuyuko actually did use it, but it didn't affect Sakuya. Death Resist. <3

Ah, I see

...I have neither Sanae's RES++ spell, nor Byakuren. D:

I do have the Poison Lily, but that only protects one character. Not even Mokou has enough DEF to solo that fight. >_<

Well, the idea was to give it to Sanae so she can revive others, but...

I figured out Yuuka's weakness and narrowed down Medicine's to being either Water or Earth (although Earth wouldn't make terribly much sense), but with my current setup, it's hard to exploit Medicine's. Furthermore, for some reason she's completely immune to Light and Dark, which means Reimu, my strongest character overall, is completely useless in that fight. >_<

Just checked, Medicine has no weaknesses. She also has 200 PDEF, so uh, you might wanna try hammering her with magic anyway.

Wait, such a thing exists? Okay... Gotta go play some catch-up with Sanae, then. x_x

Just checked, and yes, it does. It only requires PLv 5.

...Medicine's attacks can cancel Reraise.

Fuck this game

Eh, really? I thought they only started doing that from Stage 15 onwards...

Also, note that both Sanae and Reimu can cure Poison status (Reimu requires some skill point investment, I think).

Vampire-chan thinks this challenge is very unfair and mean. If he thinks so, what chance do I have. :Knoll:

You have a very good chance if you don't screw yourself over by not using Alice.

I think ALL of Mokou's skills require a bomb or two.

One of her skill trees has enhancements to non-cards, though, which kinda implies that she'll eventually learn at least one skill that doesn't require a bomb to use. xD

Well, the idea was to give it to Sanae so she can revive others, but...

I don't know at what level she's supposed to learn her revival spell, but as of yet, she doesn't have it. So yeah. xD

Just checked, and yes, it does. It only requires PLv 5.

It also only seems to last the turn it's used in. I ran out of MP rather quickly. xD

Also, note that both Sanae and Reimu can cure Poison status (Reimu requires some skill point investment, I think).

Yeah, Reimu has her Ofuda of Curing (I think she actually starts the game with it), but that was of little use considering she was otherwise completely worthless in that fight. Her physical attacks are inferior to Mokou's/Sakuya's/Youmu's, and her spells don't deal any damage to Medicine whatsoever.

You have a very good chance if you don't screw yourself over by not using Alice.

I actually tried using Alice in that fight in one of my failed attempts. She doesn't die, but Marionette Parrar seems to do absolutely nothing against magic, even with a shield that otherwise blocks magic fine, so the other characters died anyway. :|

My successful attempt consisted of the following:

Hakurei Formation

Mokou as the bait, Sakuya and Sanae in front, Marisa and Patchy in the rear, Aya as the commander

Marisa and Patchy were responible for the majority of my damage output but kept dying, so I kinda sorta resorted to trying to outstall the bosses with Mokou and Sanae until Mokou got a chance to use her Last Word to revive the others, allowing me to deal some more damage. It somehow worked. xD

One of her skill trees has enhancements to non-cards, though, which kinda implies that she'll eventually learn at least one skill that doesn't require a bomb to use. xD

Just checked, NOPE! Well, of course, weapon skills never require bombs so those get enhanced by the skill tree, I guess.

I don't know at what level she's supposed to learn her revival spell, but as of yet, she doesn't have it. So yeah. xD

Level 24

It also only seems to last the turn it's used in. I ran out of MP rather quickly. xD

Uh... it's supposed to be a Field effect, so it would last for quite a while unless it's overwritten by another field effect. I'm not sure if Yuuka/Medicine can make field effects, but you're sure you weren't ruining it with Sakuya/Patchy's field effects, right?

Yeah, Reimu has her Ofuda of Curing (I think she actually starts the game with it), but that was of little use considering she was otherwise completely worthless in that fight. Her physical attacks are inferior to Mokou's/Sakuya's/Youmu's, and her spells don't deal any damage to Medicine whatsoever.

I didn't mean Ofuda of Curing. Reimu has a skill tree that lets her restore status effects with her healing skills.

I actually tried using Alice in that fight in one of my failed attempts. She doesn't die, but Marionette Parrar seems to do absolutely nothing against magic, even with a shield that otherwise blocks magic fine, so the other characters died anyway. :|

What level of Alice and what shield was she using? If she was properly leveled up (which I doubt, since you took up a challenge of not using her), given an ETH-resistant shield, and accumulated skill points in her Parrar tree, it should've significantly helped cushion the blows.

My successful attempt consisted of the following:

Hakurei Formation

Mokou as the bait, Sakuya and Sanae in front, Marisa and Patchy in the rear, Aya as the commander

Marisa and Patchy were responible for the majority of my damage output but kept dying, so I kinda sorta resorted to trying to outstall the bosses with Mokou and Sanae until Mokou got a chance to use her Last Word to revive the others, allowing me to deal some more damage. It somehow worked. xD

Relying on Last Words doesn't seem like a good strategy but hey, at least you beat them! Congratulations! Edited by Railgun