• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

It's a draft for all the games, if you don't want to play anything but UFO, i don't know why bother with entering it

Because Kalas asked me to.

I told you I couldn't submit replays for IN or PCB because my flash drive is pretty full. I'm not saying I'm not playing the other games, I'm just hyped for UFO, is all. But y'know, everything I say is interpreted as negative. *shrugs*

IN Easy is definitely easier than PCB Easy, even though it gives you fewer extra lives to work with.

On that note, IN only gives you a single life more than EoSD, and that's only if you manage to collect at least 1100 point items (doable, but requires you to stay on your toes so you don't let too many drop). It's more generous with bombs, though.

i think stage 4 alone gives what, 3 bombs?

i remember at least 2 at the same time a bit before the boss fight

IN Easy is definitely easier than PCB Easy, even though it gives you fewer extra lives to work with.

On that note, IN only gives you a single life more than EoSD, and that's only if you manage to collect at least 1100 point items (doable, but requires you to stay on your toes so you don't let too many drop). It's more generous with bombs, though.

Noted. Thank you.

i think stage 4 alone gives what, 3 bombs?

i remember at least 2 at the same time a bit before the boss fight

Yeah, most of the death fairies shortly before boss battles drop bombs. I think it's around 8 in total throughout the game?

Also, these random encounters here in Genius of Sappheiros are starting to reach a level of stupidity that is only rivaled by Final Fantasy 2's.

"Let's put 8 Elite Mind Flayers in a single encounter and see what happens!"

"Let's put a very strong enemy that is immune to physical attacks together with an enemy that reflects ANY magical attacks back into your face!"

"Let's put the overpowered demon enemy and the overpowered angel enemy in a single encounter and see what happens!"

Yeah, most of the death fairies shortly before boss battles drop bombs. I think it's around 8 in total throughout the game?

I just saw one of my replays and it seems to be 9 (at least for B ending)

1 at Stage 2

1 at Stage 3

4 at Stage 4 (2 right before each of Marisa's fights)

2 at Stage 5

1 at Stage 6B (dropped by Eirin)

So, how do I beat a boss that keeps employing a field effect that not only overwrites my own, but also fully heals it each turn?

Instant Death is not the answer, I tried that.

I just saw one of my replays and it seems to be 9 (at least for B ending)

1 at Stage 2

1 at Stage 3

4 at Stage 4 (2 right before each of Marisa's fights)

2 at Stage 5

1 at Stage 6B (dropped by Eirin)

I'm pretty sure Stage 6A has a bomb as well. So yeah, 9 it is, then!

So, how do I beat a boss that keeps employing a field effect that not only overwrites my own, but also fully heals it each turn?

Instant Death is not the answer, I tried that.

Simple. By not encouraging the boss to employ said field effect. I never saw her employing any fields effects myself, in fact. It must be something that you're doing that's inciting her to screw you over like this.

And what would that be? @_@

Screw this, I think I'm gonna look up a walkthrough. Having to fail a million times against every single boss in this game just to figure out how I'm meant to do it is just too frustrating.

And what would that be? @_@

Screw this, I think I'm gonna look up a walkthrough. Having to fail a million times against every single boss in this game just to figure out how I'm meant to do it is just too frustrating.

Don't. Me and Fera were both able to beat this game and the expansion without a guide. And AFAIK there's no way to cheese Tenshi like there is for Kanako or Kaguya. It's not about how you're meant to do it, it's about overcoming all the constraints. Find a way out of this by yourself.

Wow, I've been underestimating crits so far.

Youmu with the endark buff crits Tenshi for like 4000 damage when using her strongest spellcard lol.

I won btw.

Cool! Being able to beat Tenshi by yourself is a good indication that you're really getting the hang of this game now. The next stage will have the first endurance boss (you actually need to be concerned about whether your strategy is sustainable) but don't worry, it's pretty easy.

Scarlet, how do I even survive kanako's last spell in hard modo?

I literally reached her last spell with 3 lives and she's still literally crushed me on the second phase of the spell