• Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon
    • Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess
    • The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

IN normal 1cc'd on default lives. *fistpump* This is probably my first default lives 1cc ever (I think my LLS I increased from default, but cannot swear to it, and I'm not counting my IN easymodo run, because easymodo).

Congratulations!

I'm pretty sure if you can 1cc IN Normal with default lives, you would easily be able to 1cc LLS Normal with default lives too, simply because of how much easier it is imo.

Now go unlock and capture all the Last Words

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

IN normal 1cc'd on default lives. *fistpump* This is probably my first default lives 1cc ever (I think my LLS I increased from default, but cannot swear to it, and I'm not counting my IN easymodo run, because easymodo).

yKTOxzT.jpg

Stage 20 in Genius of Sappheiros is a pile of ass

I'm not even stuck or anything, it's just that annoying

(Well, the enemies are)

inorite

the game or the spell?

Yes.

The game is literally the worst windows game.

1) Ties bombs to power

2) Nerfs the continue system so as to make it basically impossible to clear stage 6 for practice unless you could pretty much 1cc the game already

3) Boring characters, boring spellcards

4) Shitty scoring system

5) Fucking power bombs, seriously. goddamn.

Yes.

1) Ties bombs to power

2) Nerfs the continue system so as to make it basically impossible to clear stage 6 for practice unless you could pretty much 1cc the game already

3) Boring characters, boring spellcards

4) Shitty scoring system

5) Fucking power bombs, seriously. goddamn.

1) Awww, I liked being able to spam bombs like crazy... it's why I even attempted to 1LC MoF! Even if you fail hard at Touhou, you can literally bomb to everything that's troublesome and still be able to 1cc

2) This has always really annoyed me, though more for SA and UFO than for MoF.

3) ZM will not be pleased I agree that the MoF characters are somewhat boring, relative to Touhou standards. Not sure about spellcards, I kinda really liked some of them. The Day The Sea Split~

4) imo MoF has the WORST scoring system from all of the Touhou games. Even worse than SA.

5) Well, at least you get five bombs from a single full power life... and you can increase that by collecting Power along the way...

Best thing about MoF though, imo, is the music. It doesn't have the best overall soundtrack imo, but it's still great. Faith is for the transient people is also my #1 favorite Touhou boss theme.

yeah, the continue system in it is awful :v

i practiced all other 5 stages until i could get to stage 6 with no deaths to get my first easy 1cc :V

The Day The Sea Split and Illusionary Dominace are cool

Aya, Hina, Suwako and Kanako are cool, the rest is lame :v

i like the scoring system, sue me

the only thing I don't like Bombing wise is the fact that everyone has the same bomb D:

the soundtrack is p good

Stage 20 in Genius of Sappheiros is a pile of ass

I'm not even stuck or anything, it's just that annoying

(Well, the enemies are)

stage 20 I pretty much just burned through as quickly as possible it's pretty damn lame

4) imo MoF has the WORST scoring system from all of the Touhou games. Even worse than SA.

That's not PCB, where you can get a worse score by bombing instead of dying. I'll take item/enemy position management any day over border control.

>SA terrible scoring

do u evn graze m8 ill fite u

Edited by Fera

imo IN takes that spot. MoF at least is pretty fun if you're not overly concerned about scoring.

1) Ties bombs to power

While a separate bomb counter has its merit, I kinda liked this mechanic, personally. It makes lives less like an extension of the bomb counter and more like its own separate thing, as there's no longer a strictly finite amount of bombs per life.

I still prefer it to EoSD's, PCB's and IN's, where choosing to continue will not even let you enter the score you had when you died, but yeah, the way it's handled past UFO is more reasonable.

That's not PCB, where you can get a worse score by bombing instead of dying. I'll take item/enemy position management any day over border control.

I'm under the impression that ZUN simply didn't give two shits about EASY MODO and Normal Mode players back then. After all, on Lunatic, the Cherry loss for bombing is quite a lot more reasonable and usually lower than what you'd lose by dying, and on Hard it tends to be roughly even. It'd have been so easy to fix PCB's scoring system for all difficulties by either cutting the base Cherry loss for bombing in half or simply adding a cap like he did for dying. Yet he didn't, so...

...heck, back then, he even punished you score-wise for trying to see your hitbox lol. All those mechanics that only increase your scoring potential when unfocused (Cherry in PCB, time points in IN outside of boss battles) are kinda sad.

Edited by Scarlet

All those mechanics that only increase your scoring potential when unfocused (Cherry in PCB, time points in IN outside of boss battles) are kinda sad.

to be fair you can flip back to human side as the time orbs are flying at your face, PCB's cherry gain is as you shoot

also I find the continue system flipping you back at the start of the stage fine since it at least helps you perfectly clear the stage (admittedly stage 6s aren't very threatening but still)

Wow

I swear the Hydra is impossible to kill

(Also it's somehow not weak to fire)

>trying to kill the hydra

stop

drop

and roll out

Oh, okay

Also, what the hell, are any of the Stage 21 random encounters even remotely possible? I'm getting my face torn off by nearly every single enemy there. Even by the new Yukkuri.

It's not funny how even Alice is OHKO'd by nearly everything, despite having elemental resistance to almost everything.

I've never even encountered a Hydra in Stage 20. And yes, I did look for them and I also spent ages in that part of Stage 20 trying to teach Satori Raise Dead. That Hydra must be a super-rare encounter.

Not really worth hunting down Hydras imo. They have a chance to drop Obsidian, but those are mostly useless until postgame, where you'll be able to farm for them more easily. Just forget the Hydra and move on.

Oh, okay

Also, what the hell, are any of the Stage 21 random encounters even remotely possible? I'm getting my face torn off by nearly every single enemy there. Even by the new Yukkuri.

It's not funny how even Alice is OHKO'd by nearly everything, despite having elemental resistance to almost everything.

Stage 21 is very special, and I'm sure you've already noticed that by now.

I cleared Stage 21 by splitting my party into two fixed teams that alternate for EXP. One of them abused Paparazzi Square with Sanae statboosters to a ridiculous extent, while the other had Devil's Recitation and a bunch of other heavyhitters like Mokou and Youmu. I would suggest you just make your way to the end first, avoiding as many encounters on the way as you can. They drop plenty of EXP too, so it's a good place to grind, even for postgame.

Stage 21's hilariously massive difficulty spike is somewhat offset by its totally sick guitar riffs. The Darkonium Marisa is actually not a Yukkuri, contrary to what you'd expect. It does have enormous defenses, though. It's one of the less ridiculous stuff 21 throws at you, amusingly, with one instance being an enemy having the highest physical attack stat in the ENTIRE GAME. Yes, that includes literally everything in the postgame. Derr. Luckily, you can probably tell the bullshit from the rest by the fact that those kinds of enemies never show up except when alone.

OH AND ENJOY GETTING YOUR FACE TURNED INTO CHOPPED LIVER BY THE NEW EVOLUTION BREATH USER LOL

I've never even encountered a Hydra in Stage 20. And yes, I did look for them and I also spent ages in that part of Stage 20 trying to teach Satori Raise Dead. That Hydra must be a super-rare encounter.

Not really worth hunting down Hydras imo. They have a chance to drop Obsidian, but those are mostly useless until postgame, where you'll be able to farm for them more easily. Just forget the Hydra and move on.

I wasn't even actively looking for them! I ran into three completely by accident, all in that area where you have to go through the doors in the correct order. xD

Stage 21 is very special, and I'm sure you've already noticed that by now.

I cleared Stage 21 by splitting my party into two fixed teams that alternate for EXP. One of them abused Paparazzi Square with Sanae statboosters to a ridiculous extent, while the other had Devil's Recitation and a bunch of other heavyhitters like Mokou and Youmu. I would suggest you just make your way to the end first, avoiding as many encounters on the way as you can. They drop plenty of EXP too, so it's a good place to grind, even for postgame.

None of my physical fighters can even hit the enemies here lol. Seriously, 100 Eva Queen Mindflayers, 120 Eva Sphinxes, what kind of sick joke is this?

The Darkonium Marisa is actually not a Yukkuri, contrary to what you'd expect.

Oh. Then what is it vulnerable to? I cannot hit it with physical attacks and magic of any element seems to hit it for 0 damage, just like Yukkuris.

Luckily, you can probably tell the bullshit from the rest by the fact that those kinds of enemies never show up except when alone.

Doesn't help me much since I can't even escape from encounters here. I tried. Multiple times.

OH AND ENJOY GETTING YOUR FACE TURNED INTO CHOPPED LIVER BY THE NEW EVOLUTION BREATH USER LOL

It's been a while since I've seen literally my entire party take 4-digit damage! :newyears:

There are like, twelve midboss enemies, two for each area. Marisa Darkonium is one of the midboss enemies of the first area. You can't really deal with the midbosses in the way you deal with generics. You'll want to optimize your party to take them down, just like regular bosses. In fact, some of these midboss enemies are much tougher than regular bosses >_<

Also, if you haven't been forging character-specific equipment, now would be a good time. This is the final pre-Expansion stage.