Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

So, uh

Is the Terminator MkII at all beatable

It OHKOs my entire party in a single attack even if I debuff it with Byakuren

so MarisaC's focus shot is interesting in MoF hopefully I can do better on my second run after getting rocked in stage 4 lol

Yeah. If you place the options well, Marisa can effectively be at two places at the same time during the stages themselves and roflstomp bosses like it was no thing.

Yeah. If you place the options well, Marisa can effectively be at two places at the same time during the stages themselves and roflstomp bosses like it was no thing.

Yeah once i figured that out i like wrecked the second boss, but then i got too focused on placing those orb things and would just get killed lol

So, uh

Is the Terminator MkII at all beatable

It OHKOs my entire party in a single attack even if I debuff it with Byakuren

PATK-- and ATK-- are recognized as two different effects. From what I remember, I had both Satori and Byakuren debuff Terminator MKII so that everything did 0 damage.

Once you get the hang of it, the three big bosses (Terminator MKII, Queen Hydra, and the giant plant) become so easy to beat that you can just grind on them for the battle EXP cap.

PATK-- and ATK-- are recognized as two different effects. From what I remember, I had both Satori and Byakuren debuff Terminator MKII so that everything did 0 damage.

Oh dear, so I'll have to keep up two debuffs? It took me way too many tries to have Byakuren with 100+ IND land her debuff at all, and Satori's IND is far worse. :/

...on that note, is there any decent way to grind Trapho... That tier-specific material, as well as Ostradon? I need like millions of those to craft anything at this point.

Once you get the hang of it, the three big bosses (Terminator MKII, Queen Hydra, and the giant plant) become so easy to beat that you can just grind on them for the battle EXP cap.

I did in fact beat the Hydra quest, but doing it just for the Exp seems like a lot more trouble than it's worth... Heck, I'm not even sure if receiving 2 Orichalcum / 2 Adamantite per boss battle is worth it when I could just mindlessly beat up Team 9 four times instead. xD

Oh dear, so I'll have to keep up two debuffs? It took me way too many tries to have Byakuren with 100+ IND land her debuff at all, and Satori's IND is far worse. :/

Eh, really? Are you sure you invested in the appropriate skill trees too? I never had any issues with maintaining debuffs. Actually, I think I had Reisen debuff the PATK, not Satori, sorry.

...on that note, is there any decent way to grind Trapho... That tier-specific material, as well as Ostradon? I need like millions of those to craft anything at this point.

Well, for general forging material, I use the Lithos or Cirno sidequest. Except I don't solo them, so the battle gets done really quickly with a Mission Failed that allows me to keep retrying it. With the Pro Gamer Fan, you'll definitely get loads of forging material of all kinds.

There should be Trapezohedron and Ostracon quests too. But afterwards, I just abused the Pro Gamer Fan to get lots of Iron/Pretty Mirror/etc drops from Stage 24 fairies, which I used to forge whatever I need.

I did in fact beat the Hydra quest, but doing it just for the Exp seems like a lot more trouble than it's worth... Heck, I'm not even sure if receiving 2 Orichalcum / 2 Adamantite per boss battle is worth it when I could just mindlessly beat up Team 9 four times instead. xD

Well, it's more like refreshing the mission list while still getting lots of EXP, rather than having the EXP as the primary purpose.

Reisen cheeses the Queen Hydra so hard that I find it to be much easier than continuously doing the shard quests. She can easily score a solid 99999 (damage cap) against Queen Hydra.

Edited by Railgun

Eh, really? Are you sure you invested in the appropriate skill trees too?

Byakuren's debuff tree is almost maxed out and she's got +IND equipment. I even used Sakuya's 1 bomb commander skill to help out.

Well, for general forging material, I use the Lithos or Cirno sidequest. Except I don't solo them, so the battle gets done really quickly with a Mission Failed that allows me to keep retrying it. With the Pro Gamer Fan, you'll definitely get loads of forging material of all kinds.

Yeah, I did notice Lithos' quest drops quite a lot of materials compared to others, but it tends not to drop what I actually want. :/

I didn't think about equipping the Gamer Fan, though, thanks for the reminder!

Considering +Exp equipment works even when the commander wears it, giving the Gamer Fan to the commander should likewise suffice to get the effect, right?

There should be Trapezohedron and Ostracon quests too.

Oh. Curse my luck, then, I haven't seen any yet. :/

Reisen cheeses the Queen Hydra so hard that I find it to be much easier than continuously doing the shard quests. She can easily score a solid 99999 (damage cap) against Queen Hydra.

Wait what

How

I gave her the Kusanagi for that quest and abused the heck outta her slayer effects, and she still barely hit for 5k even with ALL Up and PAtk Up on her at all times.

(Mind you, of course that's still much better than the 0s everyone else except Reimu did lol)

These enemies are starting to dish out quite disproportionate retribution for attacking them.

Like, wow, responding to a single attack by counterattacking with Death until it literally runs out of MP? Give me a break.

Proto's misinformation is making me cringe.

There are no Trapezohedron/Ostracon quests. As for enemy drops, you can try the latter half of Stage 24 if you're already there. Literally everyone has a chance to drop Trapezohedron (everything but fairies) or Ostracon (fairies) there. Bit of a rare chance, though, since it's their secondary drop. Run around Stage 19 for an easier time, as some carry Trapezohedron as a primary drop (Elite Cockatrice/Will o Wisp). Abyss Worm from the first screen of Stage 21 also has dropped Trapezohedron reliably from my experience. Remember to equip Pro Gamer Fan, it seriously gives an effect.

Ostracon is also available on every Stage 26 enemy, but I don't know if you're that far yet. It's pretty much an "alternate endgame" item material for those that don't want to grind character ultimate forge materials.

It's not actually that easy to break 99999 on Queen Hydra, since it doesn't have an elemental weakness. A critical PATK++ ATK++ with 5 debuffs that include DEF-- and PDEF-- would hit 99999 on Hydra. Otherwise no, you're talking out of your ass. Terminator MKII is the one with huge damage potential, since it has an Elec weakness.

If you haven't gotten it yet, go back to Stage 21's last screen and grind Yukkuri King for the Yukkuri Crown for single-target +50% EXP.

Edited by Fera

I see, thanks! I just beat Stage 23, so I guess I'll finally be able to stock up on them, then.

I dunno, is there much of a point in +Exp equipment at this point? Most of my characters are approaching the high 70s, and the stat gains per level have gone down quite a bit, and any enemy worth its salt at this point OHKOs everything except tanky gals like Alice or Mokou anyway, so grinding for more HP doesn't really seem worth it.

Reimu, Marisa, Patche, Youmu all get solid skills well into their 80s and 90s. Lithos in particular gets a particularly bullshit damage spell at 95. You're not really going to get these through normal play.

If you're getting OHKO'd you probably should think about equips instead of HP. Youmu and Sakuya in particular can equip Heavy armor that can soak up quite a bit. The only really weak people should be the ones on S armor exclusively, like Satori and Patche.

Well, Lithos is Lv79 already. Unless you're saying the enemy levels are no longer going to increase (so that I'd receive a negative modifier at some point), I'm pretty confident I'll come at least very close to hitting the level cap. xD

...and equips is exactly why I need Trapezohedron and Ostracon, as I can't forge anything decent without them. xD