• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

get 300 million now

Why don't you shoot for 500 million yourself? If you ignore red/green UFOs entirely and go for blue/rainbow ones only (and have an understanding of what determines the value of point items), it's not that difficult to achieve, even on Easy. :o

Why don't you shoot for 500 million yourself? If you ignore red/green UFOs entirely and go for blue/rainbow ones only (and have an understanding of what determines the value of point items), it's not that difficult to achieve, even on Easy. :o

The highest I've achieved so far is 364 million, but I believe I can reach that, too.

I might need to stack up on more graze, though.

364 million is pretty decent, but yeah, go for it!

In particular, consider using the first two stages primarily to summon rainbow UFOs (so you can collect more UFO tokens while an UFO is on screen). Building up a high point item value early on results in massive score improvements overall.

Graze is good, but really not that important compared to collecting as many UFO tokens as possible while an UFO is on screen. And there aren't really that many good opportunities to graze on Easy anyway.

Edited by Scarlet

364 million is pretty decent, but yeah, go for it!

In particular, consider using the first two stages primarily to summon rainbow UFOs (so you can collect more UFO tokens while an UFO is on screen). Building up a high point item value early on results in massive score improvements overall.

Graze is good, but really not that important compared to collecting as many UFO tokens as possible while an UFO is on screen. And there aren't really that many good opportunities to graze on Easy anyway.

THAT'S what I need to do. Thanks Scarlet! I'll make you proud.

So my colleague who has never played a SHMUP before just challenged me that he can clear SA Normal in one day. Let's see how this turns out...

Five hours later, he sends me a message saying "できない"

I'm going to ask him how far he went after the 24 hours are up. My bet is that he's still in Stage 3 and couldn't beat Yuugi.

and people call impershiable night easy. marisa is stupid and all of stage 5 is just BS.

IN stage parts are super easy under one condition: you use Yuyuko's shot.

Use Netherworld Team if you want to trivialize stages. If you use any other shot type, IN will become really difficult.

I admit that Marisa is a really difficult Stage 4 boss though.

i've actually gotten to reimu and even though both bosses are hard marisa is harder IMO. Way more micro dodging IMO.

I agree with Marisa being harder. Reimu only has one troublesome spell (Concentrate) while everything else is lame.

i should try to clear the game with the other teams to get solo mode :v

Marisa Solo is the only good solo imo.

satori is so much easier imo :S

That depends on which Satori though.

I don't see why Easy Modo is so frowned upon, anyway. :v

I blame Overdrive.

I don't frown upon Easy Modo btw. It's where players new to Touhou should start.

Five hours later, he sends me a message saying "できない"

I'm going to ask him how far he went after the 24 hours are up. My bet is that he's still in Stage 3 and couldn't beat Yuugi.

Expected/10

Use Netherworld Team if you want to trivialize stages. If you use any other shot type, IN will become really difficult.

I dunno, for the most part Reimu's homing shot stomps stages pretty hard as well. The Extra Stage in particular is utterly pathetic when you can kill like 80% of all enemies the instant they appear.

Youmu Solo is also pretty good, especially for scoring purposes.

I don't frown upon Easy Modo btw. It's where players new to Touhou should start.

While I have no issues with people playing on Easy either, I disagree with the notion that that's where everyone new to Touhou should start. Personally, I'd recommend new players to try Normal Mode first, and scale down to Easy only if they feel completely overwhelmed.

While I have no issues with people playing on Easy either, I disagree with the notion that that's where everyone new to Touhou should start. Personally, I'd recommend new players to try Normal Mode first, and scale down to Easy only if they feel completely overwhelmed.

This is actually what I did, haha.

That draft really helped me out. ^^ Now since I 1cced various Touhous on Easy, I can do alright on Normal.

Edited by ZM©

Overdrive is pretty great, and I still play easy mode.

I stick to easy on Subterranean Animism because screw everything.

I admit that Marisa is a really difficult Stage 4 boss though.

i dunno, reimu's shot is pretty stronk for a homing shot(which i think is usually the most beginner friendly type of shot) and yukari has some nice focused damage while still having a weak homing

I agree with Marisa being harder. Reimu only has one troublesome spell (Concentrate) while everything else is lame.

That depends on which Satori though.

i find reimu to be more annoying than hard

i'm doing this more just for the sake of having them, but i'll probably try them anyway (~owo)~

oh right

i actually did that but that was more because i started with eosd and its easy mode doesn't exist

Fun Fact: Some of Lunatic!Marisa's non-spells in IN don't even have visible gaps to fit through anywhere. Not even a single pixel. (The stars have a slightly smaller hitbox than their sprite, but still, Marisa as a boss is ridiculous)