• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Speaking of traps. What happened with Boney?

Also, Touhou related. I tried doing EoSD's Stage 4 on practice mode and my eyes got irritated again, even if I hadn't touched it yet that day, so I'm thinking the problem is more with Stage 4 rather than the prolonged exposure to the game. :c

Isn't it enough that I already suck at games already? I still need this to stop me from playing Touhou?

I might try a last time before giving up on EoSD and try to see if there's another game that might be friendlier to my eyes @_@ or just accepted it and give up from Touhou ;n;

Which one of those three would you recommend?

I would recommend DDC to start with.

DDC has fairly managable spell patterns for the most part, is generous with resources, offers a good protective bomb type with SakuyaA that is useful even if you're not good at bombing and teaches you very well how to make good use of the PoC by rewarding you with more resources for it.

MoF is easy because you can destroy every boss' face with bombs without ever running out, but doing that doesn't really teach you how to get better at the game, and MoF spell patterns in themselves aren't exactly easy.

PCB gives you a lot of resources, but is one of the more difficult games otherwise. Might be a good second game to pick to get better at dealing with difficult/dense patterns, but I wouldn't start with it.

EoSD is very simple, so in a sense it allows you to focus on the game itself with no fake difficulty added by weird gimmicks like UFO's. It also has pretty easy spell patterns for the most part. I still wouldn't recommend it as the first game because it's incredibly stingy with resources. :newyears:

You're giving up too easily.

To be fair, eosd is a rather difficult game, but still. It's going to take time and effort to improve, and then it won't be a challenge at all. Stop giving up so easily, and keep practicing.