• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

So I'm not going to look at the draft thread until I post my PCB replay on account of me being ashamed of the EoSD replay I posted. EoSD can be beaten in under a half hour, and I had days to get a good run. That's waaaay more than enough time, and yet I kept getting discouraged and screwing around. So, PCB will change that for me, since I've 1CCd it and I'm confident about it.

Good ol' Marisa, let's get work done.

Good luck emerald, you can do it.

Teach me the ways of the Marisa, Ze.

[spoiler=for Scarlet]

9WI3Dwi.jpg

Seems in order, I think

@ZM: Hmmm... The replays themselves look fine to me, but there's something else I noticed.

The game's installed on this "Removable Disk" thingie, not your actual hard drive? That might cause issues when the game tries to write files. To be safe, if at all possible, you'll want to install games on your actual hard drive.

@ZM: Hmmm... The replays themselves look fine to me, but there's something else I noticed.

The game's installed on this "Removable Disk" thingie, not your actual hard drive? That might cause issues when the game tries to write files. To be safe, if at all possible, you'll want to install games on your actual hard drive.

i've had games on my usb stick before when I lacked a computer. Pretty sure they ran smoothly, for the most part, with no problems. Although I see why.

Running games on an USB stick or the like doesn't necessarily have to cause problems, but it's not 100% safe. There's always that slim chance of a loss of connection (for whatever reason) while the game tries to write to its files, which tends to corrupt the files that are being written to. When playing on a hard drive, something like that can't happen unless your computer completely crashes.

At the very least, if you insist on running games from an USB stick or an external drive, you have all the more reason to make frequent backups of your data.

Edited by Scarlet

Running games on an USB stick or the like doesn't necessarily have to cause problems, but it's not 100% safe. There's always that slim chance of a loss of connection (for whatever reason) while the game tries to write to its files, which tends to corrupt the files that are being written to. When playing on a hard drive, something like that can't happen unless your computer completely crashes.

A disconnection is still possible on an internal hard drive, although not as easily done (unless bad cables, or they're exposed like how my rig currently is (I have all my chassis panels taken off)).

Maybe the files themselves got corrupted.

If connection was stopped when you were saving, there's always that possibility.

That never occurred.

I just...don't know what happened. The replays are fine, and that's the only potential problem that was possible...

This still doesn't solve the problem of UFO refusing to work...

If nothing else works, try reinstalling the game. Just copy the replays (and score.dat if you've played at all since the data loss occured) over.

A disconnection is still possible on an internal hard drive, although not as easily done (unless bad cables, or they're exposed like how my rig currently is (I have all my chassis panels taken off)).

I know, I may have worded it badly. xD

Suddenly, SUCCESS!

I even finished with two lives to spare! ReimuA is a lot stronger than I remember her being (at least when she actually manages to be at 4 Power lol), although realizing that Kogasa's final spellcard is actually laughably trivial if you just have the common sense to be at the bottom of the screen definitely helped lol.

So after all this time, I've finally cleared all Windows Extras! I feel accomplished.

wat, what have you been doing for the past few runs of Kogasa's last card

how else would anyone do it but sitting at the bottom D:

wat, what have you been doing for the past few runs of Kogasa's last card

how else would anyone do it but sitting at the bottom D:

I tend to stick close to the center of the lower half of the screen most of the time, as a lot of patterns are easier to deal with that way.

...but that comes back to bite me in those cases where it really is better to camp at the very bottom of the screen. For a long time, Raiko's thunder/laser spellcards kept killing me for the same reason. :V

However, I'm starting to become more aware of this issue in general, so I've been more sensible about it lately. xD

And no, don't ask me why it took more than a year to occur to me that the gaps between the lasers in Kogasa's final spellcard are much larger at the bottom than they are in the center. xP