• The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field
    • Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
    • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind
    • Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

Also jesus christ, on hard?

Of the games I've played, UFO is the only I've yet to 1cc on Hard, so yeah

In other news, literally the only thing standing between me and an EoSD Lunatic 1cc at this point is Scarlet Gensokyo.

That, or Stage 5, because while I usually make it to Stage 5 with at least 5/0 left in stock, by the time I reach Stage 6, it's only 1/3 at best lol. I absolutely cannot deal with the super-fast bullet spam in Stage 5, not even after watching someone NMNB it. <_<

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

anyone mind telling me what touhou games feature the rank system in terms of the fact that the enemy numbers and bullets increase.

I know for a fact EoSD does.

I think Mystic Square has it, maybe more of the PC98 games do too.

Maybe PCB, but i can't say for sure.

anyone mind telling me what touhou games feature the rank system in terms of the fact that the enemy numbers and bullets increase.

SoEW/LLS/MS/EoSD has a rank system

PCB too, but its rank doesn't apply to spellcards + Stage 6, and is mostly negligible

LLS has a very unforgiving rank system (note that in this game, bombing increases your rank!)

MS has a moderately forgiving one (note that in this game, bombing increases your rank!)

EoSD has a very unforgiving rank system

PCB has a fairly lenient one

Not sure if SoEW has one, but IN and the later games definitely don't.

EDIT: Dat ninja tho

Edited by Scarlet

On that note, fuck MAX rank Patchouli

I'm not sure what I've been doing different than in previous attempts, but now Lunatic Patchouli murders me left and right because her spellcards are like four times as dense as they previously were lol.

Apparently MAX Patchouli can be even harder than Remilia.

Confirm y/n?

Confirming

Outside of Young Demon Lord (although I really just don't understand how it works) and Scarlet Gensokyo, Remilia is fairly easy

...actually, I just now realized that on Hard/Lunatic, Patchy has a lot more spellcards than Remilia does lol.

Also I can capture all of Sakuya's spellcards but her non-spells usually get me. D:

Edited by Scarlet

E-Even Varja?

I mean, I did capture Normal!Maelstorm, but...

ALL OF THEM.

do it maggot, give me ten reps right now

This, yeah.

Confirming

Outside of Young Demon Lord (although I really just don't understand how it works) and Scarlet Gensokyo, Remilia is fairly easy

...actually, I just now realized that on Hard/Lunatic, Patchy has a lot more spellcards than Remilia does lol.

Also I can capture all of Sakuya's spellcards but her non-spells usually get me. D:

Ouch, that bad?

well she is a master magician.

Sakuya takes her job seriously.

So I'm going through PCB for the draft(normal), getting my groove back for Chen and Alice.

As much as I love stage 4, I still screw up on it. The spinning enemies that have death shots are annoying, and I forget when they do it, so I'm just firing at everything.

Touhou is fun

As much as I love stage 4, I still screw up on it. The spinning enemies that have death shots are annoying, and I forget when they do it, so I'm just firing at everything.

On Normal, you can usually actually get away with just firing at all of them indiscriminately if you're good at (re-)streaming. If you want to be sure, when you see the orbs coming, stop shooting for a moment, go near the left or right edge of the screen so that you have plently of space to stream, and then resume shooting.

So I reached Gengetsu's second phase.

This is seriously too evil. I have to stream while dodging heavy dense rain at the same time? And then she fires those needles while a MASSIVE cluster of diamond bullets go crazy. Like, seriously, this seems impossible to dodge. How the hell am I supposed to get past this BS?

Everyone is a tsundere, ZM.

This is seriously too evil. I have to stream while dodging heavy dense rain at the same time? And then she fires those needles while a MASSIVE cluster of diamond bullets go crazy. Like, seriously, this seems impossible to dodge. How the hell am I supposed to get past this BS?

gengetsu rape time.

also senpaiiiiiiiiii our forum is having people join!

Max power during my fight against Letty

Max Cherry points when fighting Alice

Wow I'm doing amazing.

Then I choke on Alice's penultimate spellcard(dying four times) and gameover on Lyrica's first nonspell

Eyup

git gud

6B 1cc Border Hard, 3/5 Last Spells

I think I probably achieved more in the past week than my entire time playing geez

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Balcerzak, September 23, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Balcerzak, September 23, 2014 - No reason given

internet pls I don't want this post here go away

Edited by Fera