• Great Fairy Wars ~ Fairy Wars
    • Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator
    • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess

Hi other senpai!

H-hi Glaceon! *blushes*

fucking hell

how do you screw up getting to yuyuko with 4 lives and a bomb with sakuyaA ;_;

why does resurrection butterfly need to be so long ;_;

That's 21 screwups that you can afford, 17 of which will also dish out bomb damage. Even if you have trouble with Yuyuko, how the heck did you fail that?

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

That's 21 screwups that you can afford, 17 of which will also dish out bomb damage. Even if you have trouble with Yuyuko, how the heck did you fail that?

;_;

see for yourself

includes two deaths with 3 bombs left and getting the 1000 extend in the middle of the fight :DDDD

tbf, i apparently only did normal yuyuko once and i haven't played pcb since sometime last year

Edited by Tonton

Probably useful:

[spoiler=Copy/Pasted]Nonspell #1 - The diamond bullets should be treated like walls, so they'll guide you in a semi-path-following pattern while you're likely forced to maneuver around the network of gaps between circular bullets. Can take a while to master.

Spell #1 - SakuyaA owns this so hard Move to the side opposite the lasers and dodge the arrowheads. Spend as much time as you can in the middle to hit Yuyuko before you get pushed to the dodging side

Nonspell #2 - Start from a side and stream the bubbles; note that bubbles are generated BEFORE the previous bubbles are dodged; you may have to restream but this should not be an issue

Spell #2 - The bubbles are aimed but they do so in annoyingly shaped linear clusters; horizontal streaming won't work; just dodge the bullets as they come in some kind of non-linear streaming path as you dodge the butterflies at the same time. This is more reflexive and skill-based than about learning a trick

Nonspell #3 - Don't stay at the bottom. Try to stay higher up so you can back down if the knives get annoying. Precise knife reading is invaluable since it enables you to stay within small gaps between knives, which is often required.

Spell #3 - I hate exploding butterflies >_<. Move around in a rectangle-like or triangle-like pattern with a vertical side under Yuyuko. Alternate between the left side and the right side. Dodge the bullets along the way.

Nonspell #4 - lol

Spell #5 - Stay near one side during the initial wave, and then stream to the other side. Repeat. Note that butterflies from the previous streams may linger for a while, so you may have to slip through them or go over them, depending on the situation.

Spell #6 - This spell is a lot milder than it looks. Just stay calm, look at the area around you, and dodge the bullets accordingly. Staying calm is the most important factor. Oh and don't get cornered please. Try to change direction if you get pushed near a corner. The bullets here really shouldn't be much of a challenge to avoid.

RESURRECTION BUTTERFLY - Blue butterflies should be a joke. As for the red butterflies, read the bullets and dodge reactively :P. No, seriously, this is pretty much purely skill-based, in reading, reacting, and executing. With enough practice, you should be able to read the bullets just fine.

Edited by Formina Sage

Hooray for reaching my goal in DDC Hard

Boo DDC because I don't like it

And I'm sure you can capture Possessed by Phoenix

No snap to it senpai

Alright alright, I'll try out IN Extra soon.

ZEE EMM HOW DID YOU DO IT

I'm full of charisma.

IN Extra. Blind. Please submit replay, I want to see how far you can make it.

(20 meatballs says you'll get walled at Honest Man's Death; You're too honest, ZM~)

I'll just spoiler tag it just in case.[spoiler=Forgiveness: Death of the Honest Man] The Laser's hitbox activates after it first appears. Specifically, when it hits the spot you were when the sprite first appeared. Moving toward it afterbit appears will let you dodge it.

Without knowing the gimmick? Good luck, m8.

That spell WILL end your run if you're doing IN Ex 100% blind.

If it doesn't, I'm disciplining you later.

okay well EOSD just got my interest. LOLK's system actually looked really fun and EOSD seemed kind of similar.

You know I wonder if I should go back to EOSD because I feel like I might like it a lot more since I prefer a bit more randomness to my games now,

One thing though is EOSD a make or break game (i.e one screwup bam score down the drain or does it allow some leniency?)

I forget most of EoSD scoring, I mean I am not really a fan of EoSD so

That was just a thing I happened to remember

Edited by Glaceon Goddess

LoLK scoring is essentially bombgrazing at this point, so it seems reminiscent of TD scoring in which you'd be better off not capturing anything. Lame.

...TD scoring is trancing at good times, I thought

TD scoring is like

"Spell Capture? You're doing it wrong"

unless you can shotgun at pointblank range and still capture, which only applies to very few spells.

Rather than Trancing at good times, it's more like Trancing (shotgunned) as much as you can during bosses. And pulling off multiple Trances often requires bomb shotguns or suicides to increase spirit yield. So, uh, yeah, you're not capturing anything :P

Stage scoring is about Trancing at good times though, but it's a very small portion of total score when compared to boss scoring.

Edited by Formina Sage