• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Didn't seem like it. :c

but that's what I meant... :(

Refer to above. Although I have trouble geting past Yuugi so...

Having trouble with Yuugi's yin-yang lasers without MarisaA/B is perfectly understandable. Try to utilize your bombs.

I know I was my first few tries...

Wait, seriously? You actually tried to time it out instead of just shooting Patchy?

My Koishi.

Our Koishi~

Yeah, the replay archive seems to have issues lately. Waiting a few minutes tends to work.

And I sometimes run out of Power against Aya because I tend to bomb twice right before the boss fight (the first one is for survival, the second one is more to collect all the point items the ravens drop), and while her non-spells aren't exactly difficult, I have a history of screwing them up in completely awe-inspiring ways. :newyears:

See, this is exactly why I'm reluctant to bomb for score. I might end up regretting it when I need the bombs for survival.

Which shot type are you using btw? ReimuB can burn through the non-spells really fast, idk about the others.

And I only have an about 50% capture rate of her final spellcard for I don't really know why. It probably doesn't help that it speeds up near the end, though.

I never noticed it actually speeding up, but that would make sense if you end up unconsciously following a rhythm and then getting hit because of the speed increase.

Yes, I still have trouble with some Normal Mode spellcards despite 1ccing Hard and above, leave me alone D:

This is perfectly understandable. An essential component of clearing Touhou games is making good use of your resources, unless you're at a level where you start NMNB-clearing stuff. So yeah, clearing Hard Mode doesn't necessarily mean you can dodge everything Hard throws at you; rather, it means you've achieved a superior combination of dodging and resource consumption to be able to clear Hard Mode. So yeah, tough spells can remain tough even on Normal. I doubt I'll ever be able to deal with Vajra.

Why does everyone play on Hard and up ugh.

I don't play on Hard and up! Except in PoFV. And LLS. It's probably Yuuka's presence that makes me go for Hard Mode. Edited by Railgun

This is perfectly understandable. An essential component of clearing Touhou games is making good use of your resources, unless you're at a level where you start NMNB-clearing stuff. So yeah, clearing Hard Mode doesn't necessarily mean you can dodge everything Hard throws at you; rather, it means you've achieved a superior combination of dodging and resource consumption to be able to clear Hard Mode. So yeah, tough spells can remain tough even on Normal. I doubt I'll ever be able to deal with Vajra.

This is my problem, I try to capture everything, even the ones I suck at.

Well, that and I'm not really good at the games, I guess. That too.

but that's what I meant... :(

Having trouble with Yuugi's yin-yang lasers without MarisaA/B is perfectly understandable. Try to utilize your bombs.

Wait, seriously? You actually tried to time it out instead of just shooting Patchy?

Our Koishi~

I don't play on Hard and up! Except in PoFV. And LLS. It's probably Yuuka's presence that makes me go for Hard Mode.

Sure... :(

I think I'm.getting better at it, but Iunno.

I tried to shoot Patchouli without bombs, which is what I meant.

My Koishi first. :t

Not helping. :c

Yes, I still have trouble with some Normal Mode spellcards despite 1ccing Hard and above, leave me alone D:

Illusionary Dominance will always be the Sinker Ghost of MoF.

except I can somewhat capture Sinker Ghost

Why does everyone play on Hard and up ugh.

I'm insane. :newyears:

Quite literally so, in fact, as I've recently started seriously tackling Lunatic. :newyears:

Although I should probably 1cc the various Hard modes with all other shot types first... But you can't expect common sense in Gensokyo!

Which shot type are you using btw?

ReimuA, because she's actually quite good in MoF.

So yeah, tough spells can remain tough even on Normal.

Yeah, I did notice that on Hard and Lunatic, I mostly have trouble with spells that I already had trouble with on Normal. There are only few spells that I can comfortably deal with on Normal, but not on Hard or Lunatic (although Nitori's first boss spellcard immediately comes to mind as an obvious offender), although it balances out by some spells on Hard or Lunatic oddly enough being easier than their Normal Mode versions (Nitori's final spellcard comes to mind). What I really get destroyed by on Lunatic aren't the bosses (the Stage 6 ones excepted because wow. Kanako, why does your final spellcard have such a crapton of HP?), but the stages themselves. xD

I doubt I'll ever be able to deal with Vajra.

lol

Illusionary Dominance will always be the Sinker Ghost of MoF.

except I can somewhat capture Sinker Ghost

I captured it yesterday on Lunatic, do I win now

Illusionary Dominance absolutely can't compare to Sinker Ghost. I can capture Illusionary Dominance really frequently (ultimately, it's just micrododging; it's only the criss-crossing that makes it annoying) but Sinker Ghost not only seems outright impossible for me to capture, but it ends up consuming more resources than I believe I normally spend on any other non-game-final spell.

I'm insane. :newyears:

Quite literally so, in fact, as I've recently started seriously tackling Lunatic. :newyears:

Although I should probably 1cc the various Hard modes with all other shot types first... But you can't expect common sense in Gensokyo!

Oh Vampire Chan.

Illusionary Dominance absolutely can't compare to Sinker Ghost.

I've recently figured out how Sinker Ghost works, actually, and consequently managed to capture it once. It's definitely harder than Illusionary Dominance, though.

Oh, I know how Sinker Ghost works, and I know what I should be doing in order to capture. I've seen Fera capturing it with my own eyes too. But I just can't pull it off myself no matter what.

Also, 16 seconds vs 45 seconds. It should be obvious which one would be more troublesome.

ship ship ship

So how many pics do you have of her?

133 so far. Rebuilding it is hard, I cleared out a bunch of junk after a hard drive purge.

The problem mostly is twofold.

a) She's a PC-98 character, and thus doesn't get as much fanart as Windows characters

b) I'm a lazy arse and don't actually go trawling for pictures, just save those I come across in threads

And then there's the lewd. I can't save the lewd, because that's just terrible.